COOP'S SANTA CRUZ TRIP!

COOPER&BURNETT

Spent a few days at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk after driving up the coast of California, to the West Coast's oldest still continuous running Beach Boardwalk. It started as public bath houses in 1866. (In Europe, 1866 may not seem old in buildings, but in the U.S.A, it's fairly old)As always, I tried to find something "MIAMI VICE" about the trip, but wasn't able to find too much, as Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is on the West Coast, and has a look and feel all it's own. It has a lot of Hippie, surfers there. It's a nice place to visit. Went there as a kid too.I tried to VICE it up for everyone, but the upcoming photos was about the best I could deliver...Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Brother in Arms

• pahonu

• Victor

Saw this seagull on top of these people's car. They were eating in the car, and had a little dog (a real one) in the back window. You may just see the dog's legs in the back by the window. Thought it looked funny with that hungry bird on the roof, so I snapped a shot. :)Eingefügtes Bild

Hey Coop,Cool pictures. Did you ride the coaster? I like the giant arcade with the older section that had games like Frogger and Donkey Kong. Santa Cruz has its own vibe and I love the place. My wife and I stayed there in the late 90's at a B&B called the Compassion Flower Inn. I'm not making this up, and you've been there so will understand, but it was run by a transgendered woman who called herself Nurse Mary Jane and her partner, and we stayed in the hemp room! There was also a bud-leaf shaped rock garden with herbs (not HERB) in the back yard by the hot tub. Only in Santa Cruz! Crockett and Tubbs would probably just throw there hands up about the pot culture there, or be very,very busy.By the way, did you stop in Castroville on your drive for some artichokes?