• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Brother in Arms

• pahonu

• Victor

Look... Coop's reflection/shadow... he has a head!!! :rolleyes:

You know, I'm not actually sure that is me! The pier had people on there, and people next to me had binoculars looking at something (seals were in the water there and a great view of the boardwalk), so it could be me, or it could be the angle of the sun showing the other people. Not really sure! LOL!

Hey Coop' date='Cool pictures. Did you ride the coaster? I like the giant arcade with the older section that had games like Frogger and Donkey Kong. Santa Cruz has its own vibe and I love the place. My wife and I stayed there in the late 90's at a B&B called the Compassion Flower Inn. I'm not making this up, and you've been there so will understand, but it was run by a transgendered woman who called herself Nurse Mary Jane and her partner, and we stayed in the hemp room! There was also a bud-leaf shaped rock garden with herbs (not HERB) in the back yard by the hot tub. Only in Santa Cruz! Crockett and Tubbs would probably just throw there hands up about the pot culture there, or be very,very busy.By the way, did you stop in Castroville on your drive for some artichokes?[/quote']Of COURSE I wrode the GIANT DIPPER! It was the only ride I wrode. It was made in 1924, so it's really a herky, jerky ride by today's modern rides. Still fun after all these years! (Think I still have a few loose teeth due to it :)). The Hemp room? Doesn't suprise me. I smelled pot in several places. I was told by the locals that the cops really won't do anything to people who smoke it. They look the other way. Castillo would NOT be happy. LOTS of bums hang there and sleep in the parks, and, well, anywhere they want. Again, the police don't care as long an nobody is being hurt. It's a laid back Police force. Oddly enough, not one person asked me for money this time. Last time, I had about 6 people ask for handouts. Guess the Economy is improving. ;) Yeah, right...:rolleyes:I did not stop in Castroville, as I've driven by it so many times when I visit Montery and Carmel. Nothing to really do there, and any artichokes I get in stores seem to come from there anyway. :)I did look at all the 80's arcade video games in the back corner like you mentioned. In another part of the boardwalk is where they have miniature Golf, and on the top floor they are displaying three vintage games that were restored by the guy who does the History Channel's AMERICAN RESTORATOR. There is a picture of him with the machines. I actually saw the episodes where he restored them, and the buyer did say this was for the Santa Cruz boardwalk. Glad I saw them in person. They looked BRAND NEW!!

wow ' date=' great my friend coop:thumbsup:, i have see your picture:eek::rolleyes:, i am emotional:clap:[/quote']Thanks! The place STILL looks new after all these years. They keep it up really well. It has been saved as a HISTORICAL LANDMARK in California, so it will always be here. :thumbsup:It's no CONEY ISLAND, but it's nice.

Fried artichokes from Castroville are awesome. You missed something delicious. :DThe Giant Dipper is no way near as rough as the Cyclone in Coney Island, but they're both fun. Crazy to think of all the people over the years who've ridden it. I'm still hoping they'll build another roller coaster at the Pike here in Long Beach, and knock down part of the breakwater so we can get some waves back. Me thinks I might be waiting a while. Sounds like a fun trip.

sorry here a photo from beer [ATTACH=CONFIG]5992[/ATTACH]' date=' :[/quote']Hey Brother,We have the same favorite episode. The beer looks pretty good. I don't know if this is anywhere near you, but I like a beer called Bad Kostritzer. My college friend's father was from the former East Germany, and he introduced me to it at my friends wedding.

hallo my friend pahonu, i have a site for you from east german site from köstritzer schwarz ( black) beer:) here ist a photo [ATTACH=CONFIG]5994[/ATTACH], in east germany drink this beer predominant womenfolk ;)

post-10077-13892964462059_thumb.jpg

hi coop' date=' i ve a round beer from my home country:cheers:,for you ![/quote']As one of my saying goes (this may sound odd my friend) "Let's go smoke a beer together"! :tasse_prost: I'd be delighted to drink a beer with you!

Fried artichokes from Castroville are awesome. You missed something delicious. :DThe Giant Dipper is no way near as rough as the Cyclone in Coney Island' date=' but they're both fun. Crazy to think of all the people over the years who've ridden it. I'm still hoping they'll build another roller coaster at the Pike here in Long Beach, and knock down part of the breakwater so we can get some waves back. Me thinks I might be waiting a while. Sounds like a fun trip.[/quote']Anything fried is good!! I think a dirt clod would taste great deep fat fried! :)I bought a great, hardcover book at the Boardwalk about the history of the Boardwalk. It has TONS of old photos of the Boardwalk from 1866 to the present time. It covers just about anything you could think of about the place. It states that the GIANT DIPPER roller coaster was built in 1924. It cost at the time $50,000 to build, and, (get this) it took only 47 days to build it! Can you believe that??The most riders in one day was June 27th 1987 (13,729). The amount of paint needed to give the structure it's neccessary two coats of paint (862 gallons)If all the lumber in the rides wooden structure were laid end to end, it would be 14 miles long.One of the most unusual items lost by a rider (a glass eye)Four full time mechanics are assigned to the roller coaster. Every two hours, they walk the track to check for possible malfunctions.

I'm still hoping they'll build another roller coaster at the Pike here in Long Beach' date=' and knock down part of the breakwater so we can get some waves back. Me thinks I might be waiting a while. Sounds like a fun trip.[/quote']I agree with you. I too wish they would build another roller coaster there. The last time I was there, I'm sad to say that I really wasn't all that impressed. Santa Cruz is also not super impressive in today's world, other than it is a time capsule, and has a certain charm that the one in Long Beach just really doesn't have. Perhaps it's the old time charm of the old Santa Cruz one that I like. I dunno.What do you think pahonu?

Nice pics' date=' Cooper.I like the colour and the old world charm of the arcade. :balloon:[/quote']It's a fun, old, classic American Beach Boardwalk.Salt water taffy, cotton candy, candy apples, hot dogs, corn dogs....fun fun fun!

Eingefügtes Bild

You say you couldn't find much "Vice" is Santa Cruz, but this is Vice enough for me!It's a nice place, I'm sure that you enjoyed your trip there... too bad you didn't eat the fried artichokes, I bet they were delicious.

I agree with you. I too wish they would build another roller coaster there. The last time I was there' date=' I'm sad to say that I really wasn't all that impressed. Santa Cruz is also not super impressive in today's world, other than it is a time capsule, and has a certain charm that the one in Long Beach just really doesn't have. Perhaps it's the old time charm of the old Santa Cruz one that I like. I dunno.What do you think pahonu?[/quote']I agree the current Pike isn't that impressive. When they started the project a decade ago, many locals were very excited, but it's decent at best. It's really more of a retail/dining place like so many cities have built, like the Promenade in Santa Monica rather than Pacific Park. Being by the water is always nice, though. The stupidest thing they did is build a pedestrian bridge that looks like a roller coaster. That was just teasing us!That's cool trivia about the Dipper. I love old coasters, and wood coasters in general. Probably prefer them because I don't fit on many modern thrill coasters because of all their harnesses and my size.

The overhead shot of the watercraft (that may or not have Coop's shadow in it) reminded me of "The Great McCarthy."

hi my friend, coop, it is time weekend, I'd like to a convivial evening a drink of the black jack:cheers:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5998[/ATTACH] :cheers:

post-10077-13892964463191_thumb.jpg

5998[/ATTACH] :cheers:

Looks like Crockett's drink of choice!! :thumbsup:A toast to your health Brother in Arms :cheers: