In Memorium: Alex Farrow

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Some of our older members may remember Alex from MV.org. Back then he went by the username Earl31. He was a very active member in the Vice community and a personal friend. Alex and I would talk on the phone at least once a week and he would occasionally stop by for a visit with his son Chris. Alex and I went to see the "Miami Vice" movie together and even managed to meet up with (believe it or not) Tifany & Martijn in New York city once. A meeting that Alex managed to put together.I recently found out through one of Alex's best friends BIGBEN (also a member back then) that Alex had passed away about a year ago. I was shocked to say the least and knowing what he contributed to .org and the Vice community in general I thought it only fitting to remember him here. As much as he loved Vice Alex and BIGBEN were also big in the world of grafitti art. Here are a few pics and a video of a grafitti tribute to Alex.R.I.P. buddy.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I remember Alex from the old days on .org and even though we were not close friends, I always thought he was a great person.I remember he used to write all the words with a capital letter and I found it peculiar and funny.When he posted about his personal issues, I wrote him a PM encouraging him and he had such flattering words for me.Back then he was so happy when he changed home and got his son back and now hearing that he passed away sounds so unfair.R.I.P.

Earl31 died??This is really sad. I liked him. He was never a person to cause problems, but a gentleman. A really good guy who always had something nice to say. He was a real fan of the show too.I'm so sad to hear his light has gone out in the universe.He seemed too young. Lou, how old was he? 50's, 60's??God took him, because he needed an artist up there.God rest your soul Earl31... God rest your soul. :flowers::cry:

I didn't know him, but I'm also here to pay my respect. I remember ferrariman posting his drawings some way back and I really liked it.

• Administrators
He seemed too young. Lou' date=' how old was he? 50's, 60's??[/quote']I could be wrong Coop but sadly I think he was only in his 40's

I could be wrong Coop but sadly I think he was only in his 40's

Holy Toledo.That's waaaay too young to go.

R.I.P.Wow, we used to chat on org about another favorite show of ours, Hawaii Five-O (the original). I always wondered why I never saw him posting here, and I figured he was just busy with life and family. I am saddened to hear of his passing. :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Wow, I just clicked on this thread to see who Alex Farrow was. What a shock to learn it's Earl31. I really liked him and had some good conversations with him. He was so happy when he & his little boy were together at last. I think he moved to North Carolina and I thought that's why we didn't hear from him any more. How sad :cry: .....may he be happy in heaven!

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad to hear this.Talked to him several times on .org about his little boy.What happened?R.I.P. Alex.Tony A.

Guest MetroVice

Sad to hear about Alex (Earl31)I knew of "Earl31" from the .org site but didn't know him on a personal level. It's always very sad to hear of someone passing away. We all wish we could live forever but life just doesn't work that way. One day each of us will have to pay the piper so to speak, and our time will be up at some point in time. That's just *LIFE* though. Something tells me there's far more to this weird thing we call life and regardless of one's personal belief's I think it's likely there is far more in store for us after we die. Until then we're here on earth for whatever reason, however strange it may seem to us.I don't know many of you here but I have certainly enjoyed interacting with people here whenever possible. Although I don't get to jump on here as often as I'd like, I'm grateful for all the folks here because this is a great site that we can talk about our favorite show and most anything else :cool:RIP Alex. You will always have lots of friends here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I remember sending him a copy of a Miami Vice special called "Inside Miami Vice", which aired in the NY market at the time. He always TYPED EVERYTHING IN CAPS, nice guy... 

I remember sending him a copy of a Miami Vice special called "Inside Miami Vice", which aired in the NY market at the time. He always TYPED EVERYTHING IN CAPS, nice guy... 

Good information mvnyc