Episode #46 "Stone's War"

Ferrariman

Crockett's Testarossa was confiscated from Bunny Berrigan, the rich Irishman from the previous episode? That's why Crockett says 'new paint' on seeing it for the first time? 

MIAMIVICE-S03E01-WhenIrishEyesareCrying(720pBluRay-ENGx2Audio)_1(00_18_50.03).png.51a810563bd5c1c61807b0d6344d6951.pngMIAMIVICE-S03E01-WhenIrishEyesareCrying(720pBluRay-ENGx2Audio)_1(00_19_02.14).png.942aa62419164de28beca6062fdb9bc3.pngMIAMIVICE-S03E02-StonesWar(720pBluRay-ENGx2Audio)_1(00_11_22.20).png.db381bc0ea352e8a918cda980e2282ed.png

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, johnnyfarragut said:

Crockett's Testarossa was confiscated from Bunny Berrigan, the rich Irishman from the previous episode? That's why Crockett says 'new paint' on seen it for the first time? 

MIAMIVICE-S03E01-WhenIrishEyesareCrying(720pBluRay-ENGx2Audio)_1(00_18_50.03).png.51a810563bd5c1c61807b0d6344d6951.pngMIAMIVICE-S03E01-WhenIrishEyesareCrying(720pBluRay-ENGx2Audio)_1(00_19_02.14).png.942aa62419164de28beca6062fdb9bc3.pngMIAMIVICE-S03E02-StonesWar(720pBluRay-ENGx2Audio)_1(00_11_22.20).png.db381bc0ea352e8a918cda980e2282ed.png

That’s what was implied. The line had to be changed/added to the script after they had to repaint the car/reshoot all the car scenes. 

• Like 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

That’s what was implied. The line had to be changed/added to the script after they had to repaint the car/reshoot all the car scenes. 

They did not have to reshoot anything for the Stone´s war episode. The black Ferrari appeared in the WIEAC episode that was filmed in early July and Stone´s war was shot 1 month later. Shadow in the dark and Baby blues were filmed in between, right after WIEAC and they repainted the two Ferraris for Shadow in the dark that had many night scenes when they realized that the black full body cars (the Daytona was a convertible and did not cause this issue) caused lot of reflections and were hard to film at night. They aired the Stone´s war episode out of order right after WIEAC. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

They did not have to reshoot anything for the Stone´s war episode. The black Ferrari appeared in the WIEAC episode that was filmed in early July and Stone´s war was shot 1 month later. Shadow in the dark and Baby blues were filmed in between, right after WIEAC and they repainted the two Ferraris for Shadow in the dark that had many night scenes when they realized that the black full body cars (the Daytona was a convertible and did not cause this issue) caused lot of reflections and were hard to film at night. They aired the Stone´s war episode out of order right after WIEAC. 

Thanks Tom, and my apologies for posting wrong info. I have read that before, but you obviously can’t believe everything on the internet. :) 

• Like 1

Am 13.4.2023 um 20:55 schrieb Kalci:

image.thumb.png.bfe44ab96bc9ebd1a2e29ff6971c6ba8.pngimage.thumb.png.5925bc4b5e0ae08daf8c29f598331579.pngfuck no.... this whole venue is useless now...... All the Vice effect it had, long gone.... :( What a view it was.

Good news for you. @Kalci

I found an old 1985 picture of the area, where the park is still in place. This pic was taken 1 year before the episode was filmed and the Greenberg Traurig building and its parking garage is still under construction.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-21 um 20.42.59.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Good news for you. @Kalci

I found an old 1985 picture of the area, where the park is still in place. This pic was taken 1 year before the episode was filmed and the Greenberg Traurig building and its parking garage is still under construction.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-21 um 20.42.59.png

Thanks Tom, this is the kind of scenery where I would be happy to work. There is an other thread in which the main question was what would we do if we could go back in time. 

Knowing this scenery and venue from the EP and thanks to this pic, I say my first thing would be to find an office around this place(park) with a great view towards the highest buildings just like in the scene and would settle with my worklife there :)

• 7 months later...

This is such an anti-America episode, that is so over top you would think the most liberal person wrote it. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

This is such an anti-America episode, that is so over top you would think the most liberal person wrote it. 

It's another product of its times, honestly. Vice going for current affairs again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

It's another product of its times, honestly. Vice going for current affairs again.

They over did it I think.

The victims ears in the briefcase was ridiculous.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

The ears thing was intended, I think, to be a call back to Vietnam (necklaces of ears was one of the things that entered the media imagination during that time and would have resonated with at least part of the audience). Sure, it might have been overdone, but we're talking about Miami Vice. It was pretty much in line with the opening sequence of Prodigal Son, elements of When Irish Eyes are Crying, and so on.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

The ears thing was intended, I think, to be a call back to Vietnam (necklaces of ears was one of the things that entered the media imagination during that time and would have resonated with at least part of the audience). Sure, it might have been overdone, but we're talking about Miami Vice. It was pretty much in line with the opening sequence of Prodigal Son, elements of When Irish Eyes are Crying, and so on.

Aside from all of this I think the episode is flat and boring and Castillo wasn't involved in the story one bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Aside from all of this I think the episode is flat and boring and Castillo wasn't involved in the story one bit.

The “Captain Real Estate” episodes were definitely politically motivated at the time, and I don’t care for that kind of stuff either…regardless of the “side”. ;)

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I could never stand Stone, so I'm right there with you.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 11:08 AM, Robbie C. said:

I could never stand Stone, so I'm right there with you.

The thing is Robbie as well there is no actual case, no back and forth with Castillo, no updates.

Who even sanctioned the investigation on Maynard this time around? at least in "Back in the World" the team all work together and there is an actual case. Crockett & Tubbs in Stones War are like  P.I's, working independently.  

This is why I think this episode feels empty and it doesn't work.

Edited by RedDragon86

38 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

The thing is Robbie as well there is no actual case, no back and forth with Castillo, no updates.

Who even sanctioned the investigation on Maynard this time around? at least in "Back in the World" the team all work together and there is an actual case. Crockett & Tubbs in Stones War are like  P.I's, working independently.  

This is why I think this episode feels empty and it doesn't work.

It was Crockett doing his Crockett thing...pure and simple. I think they tended to fall back on that when there wasn't a clear way forward with whatever plot they were considering. Don't forget, I'm not a fan of this episode, either...just for slightly different reasons.

• Like 2