My small "Miami Vice style" clothes & shoes collection

Britva

Hi to all! My first post will be here :)I want to share my small collection of "MV style" clothes and shoes.I'm not a photo pro, but these photos are good :) You see stuff almost same color as in real life.If you ask there were these things bought: they're mostly used (not heavy, they're in exellent condition) and bought on eBay. Of course it's risk to buy clothes not seeing them in real life. But i'm not rich guy and there's a lot of used things on ebay. So if you have a lot of patience you can find great cheap clothes there, that will fit you well.1) This blazer is white with thin vertical blue stripes. It's made by Ralph Lauren and it's 100% linen, fully unlined.Eingefügtes BildI recall Sonny wearing blazer like this in "Little Miss Dangerous" (i think it's not only appearance, but it's question for experts). Mine is not the same of course, but looks similar.2) This one is black with thin white vertical stripes. It's made by Hugo Boss and it's 100% cotton, fully unlined.Eingefügtes BildIf i remember right Sonny didn't wore anything with this pattern. But this blazer's style fits MV very well, it's unconstructed, lightweight, very comfortable, sleeves can be rolled up easily.3) This one is true vintage item, seller told it's really from mid 80's! Looking at blazer's style i can't doubt it :)Eingefügtes BildBlazer is made by Versace, it's 100% linen, half lined, very comfortable. Sleeve buttons are functional! There is not only blazer, it's full suit with pants, but i forgot to include them in photoset. I like it's color, Sonny wore almost same in "Smuggler's Blues" in example. OK, it's double breasted, but Sonny wore some double breasted in season 4 :) If you wear this suit with white t-shirt it reminds famous "Prodigal Son" suit :)4) This suit is something like "Tubbs style". It's made by Ted Lapidus, 100% linen, fully lined. Not very casual, not very formal.Eingefügtes Bild5) Only one thing that is brand new, not used :)Eingefügtes BildI don't know is it correct to call these shoes "topsiders" but it looks very similar to Sonny's topsiders. They're made by Lacoste, canvas top, comfortable, great for hot weather. There are same models in grey, black and dark blue colors available.

Dude, good work! You got some great finds off of ebay. I can see the blue Versace suit with a simple black t-shirt. Keep it up!

I'm not much for fabric with paterns in it or lines (hence why I kind of gravatate towards S3 style wise) but I do really like the vertically striped black Hugo boss oneand there all good finds, well done.

Very nice!You have found some very nice jackets. Nothing wrong with "pre-owned" clothes either if they have been looked after! Very stylish!

Eingefügtes BildI don't know is it correct to call these shoes "topsiders" but it looks very similar to Sonny's topsiders. They're made by Lacoste, canvas top, comfortable, great for hot weather. There are same models in grey, black and dark blue colors available.

Love the shoes and the little Lacoste logo on the side! :happy:I havn't heard of the term 'topsiders'? I've only heard them referred to as 'espadrilles', or just 'canvas shoes'.

Thanks to all for kind words! I'm glad you like my clothes :)

Dude' date=' good work! You got some great finds off of ebay. I can see the blue Versace suit with a simple black t-shirt. Keep it up![/quote']You're absolutely right, i wore it few times with black t-shirt and it looked great!
I'm not much for fabric with paterns in it or lines (hence why I kind of gravatate towards S3 style wise) but I do really like the vertically striped black Hugo boss oneand there all good finds' date=' well done.[/quote']I'm not a big fan of it myself (there are some exceptions of course). But if you buy stuff that i want on ebay, you doesn't have much choice :) Another reason was that i tried to find something lightweight and unlined for summer, color and pattern weren't on first place of importance. So i thought something like "why not to try?" And this hugo boss blazer really looks great, but even better when you wear it!

You have found some very nice jackets. Nothing wrong with "pre-owned" clothes either if they have been looked after! Very stylish!
Thanks' date=' glad you like it! :)Agree with you, i don't see anything wrong in pre-owned stuff, i have a lot of it. And another reason is that there are a lot of vintage things in category "Miami Vice style"! They're available only in pre-owned conditions :)
Love the shoes and the little Lacoste logo on the side! :happy:
Oh yeah' date=' now i understand why Crockett wore this kind of shoes! They're very comfortable!And Lacoste logo reminds of Elvis! :D
I havn't heard of the term 'topsiders'? I've only heard them referred to as 'espadrilles'' date=' or just 'canvas shoes'.[/quote']As far as i know topsiders style differs from espadrilles. Look here for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espadrille . Maybe there are more differences, i'm not expert :)

good work Britva :thumbsup:, i find your blazer and the espandrillos great :thumbsup::clap:, i love the lacoste espandrillos:eek::cool::clap:

Eingefügtes BildI recall Sonny wearing blazer like this in "Little Miss Dangerous" (i think it's not only appearance, but it's question for experts). Mine is not the same of course, but looks similar.2) This one is black with thin white vertical stripes. It's made by Hugo Boss and it's 100% cotton, fully unlined.Eingefügtes BildIf i remember right Sonny didn't wore anything with this pattern. But this blazer's style fits MV very well, it's unconstructed, lightweight, very comfortable, sleeves can be rolled up easily.3) This one is true vintage item, seller told it's really from mid 80's! Looking at blazer's style i can't doubt it :)Eingefügtes BildBlazer is made by Versace, it's 100% linen, half lined, very comfortable. Sleeve buttons are functional! There is not only blazer, it's full suit with pants, but i forgot to include them in photoset. I like it's color, Sonny wore almost same in "Smuggler's Blues" in example. OK, it's double breasted, but Sonny wore some double breasted in season 4 :) If you wear this suit with white t-shirt it reminds famous "Prodigal Son" suit :)4) This suit is something like "Tubbs style". It's made by Ted Lapidus, 100% linen, fully lined. Not very casual, not very formal.Eingefügtes Bild5) Only one thing that is brand new, not used :)Eingefügtes BildI don't know is it correct to call these shoes "topsiders" but it looks very similar to Sonny's topsiders. They're made by Lacoste, canvas top, comfortable, great for hot weather. There are same models in grey, black and dark blue colors available.

Great items:thumbsup::D

good work Britva :thumbsup:' date=' i find your blazer and the espandrillos great :thumbsup::clap:, i love the lacoste espandrillos:eek::cool::clap:[/quote']
Great items:thumbsup::D
Thank you! I'm glad you like it! :)

Thanks to all for kind words! I'm glad you like my clothes :)You're absolutely right' date=' i wore it few times with black t-shirt and it looked great!I'm not a big fan of it myself (there are some exceptions of course). But if you buy stuff that i want on ebay, you doesn't have much choice :) Another reason was that i tried to find something lightweight and unlined for summer, color and pattern weren't on first place of importance. So i thought something like "why not to try?" And this hugo boss blazer really looks great, but even better when you wear it![/quote']hmm I'll have to remember that and while I think of it what episode is your avatar from or its it a promo shot as I dont think I've ever seen it before.

hmm I'll have to remember that and while I think of it what episode is your avatar from or its it a promo shot as I dont think I've ever seen it before.

I think Cooper&Burnett knows it :) Sorry, I really don't know where it is from, i found it in google pictures after request "miami vice don johnson" or something like that. It was even before i completed watching series :). I think it's some promo shot, because i remember seeing other photos (on this forum threads) with DJ wearing same clothes.

Excellent clothes.:thumbsup:

Thank you!

I may have to finally start looking on ebay myself.

I must say that it's not easy. It's something like hunting. Sometimes there is nothing like items you really want to buy. Sometimes there's something like that, but not your size, not your color etc. Sometimes price is too big. You must be patient. So... good luck!

By the way I think I found out what episode that outfit is from, it looks like he's wearing that getup during part of "Forgive Us Our Debts":

post-592-13892964570257_thumb.jpg

By the way I think I found out what episode that outfit is from' date=' it looks like he's wearing that getup during part of "Forgive Us Our Debts":[/quote']Just checked, it looks close to the photo, but not the same. There's henley in this episode and it's darker blue. The blazer is same type, but darker color too.

Just checked' date=' it looks close to the photo, but not the same. There's henley in this episode and it's darker blue. The blazer is same type, but darker color too.[/quote']yeah the pants dont quite look the same too but atleast its close and its in a great episode, kinda wish I could find a shirt and blaser like that locally though, its a badass combo and it looks modern too.