C Glide

Episode 61: The Afternoon Plane

Recommended Posts

Brother in Arms

i find a good story:thumbsup:, crockett to protest one's innocence :cool::clap: i give 10 points foe the episode :thumbsup::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Jimbos has closed now sad - I couldnt recall seeing anything like Lafayettes when I went last year The dirt road they filmed the jitney on out of Jimbos - looks like a road similar used in "Bad Timing" from early Season 5 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C Glide
Jimbos has closed now sad - I couldnt recall seeing anything like Lafayettes when I went last year The dirt road they filmed the jitney on out of Jimbos - looks like a road similar used in "Bad Timing" from early Season 5 :D
Yup' date=' and the same road leads out to where they fought by the water. If memory serves me right we also see that road in Viking Bikers from Hell.[/color']

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Yup' date=' and the same road leads out to where they fought by the water. If memory serves me right we also see that road in Viking Bikers from Hell.[/color']

:thumbsup::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Teaser location at The Biltmore - groud floor Conference Centre / Courtyard Centre ( listed as the Metropolitan Museum in 1987 )Today known as The Danielson Gallery Room / Mezzanine @ The Biltmore Hotel , Coral Gables

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Great locations and extensive use of The Deering Estate as the "Carribbean " Island 

:D  :done:  :fireworks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Great locations and extensive use of The Deering Estate as the "Carribbean " Island 

:D  :done:  :fireworks:

Eingefügtes Bild

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonny-Burnett

isn't this also (another ep)  where Tubbs says: Castillo doesn't give an inch.  And Sonny replies: he can't.

 

Nice photo from the Deering Estate and the lagoon.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

isn't this also (another ep)  where Tubbs says: Castillo doesn't give an inch.  And Sonny replies: he can't.

 

Nice photo from the Deering Estate and the lagoon.

Correct ! that from "Bushido" was shot down at the water's edge  :D  :fireworks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
airtommy

Early in the final showdown, Tubbs is on a screened porch.  The spot hasn't been precisely identified.

wp0_wp7c60fa03.png

In a travel thread, forum member Kirsty&Rich visited the Deering Estate and located a possible match.  The porch looks different in many ways, but it could have been altered over the years.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/1488-miami-2009-vice-locations-tour/

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
airtommy

After studying scene carefully, I do not believe the above photo is the correct porch where Tubbs crouches.  Later on in the scene, Orlando Calderone enters the same porch:

Afternoon1.png

Shortly thereafter, Alicia is on the front porch of the Island Inn and Orlando comes out of the Inn via the front door and ambushes her.  The implication is that he went in through the back and came out the front.  While it is possible those two clips were filmed at different buildings, more often than not they film this type of thing with accuracy.  Also, the yellow color in the porch matches the Island Inn's yellow.  The porch where we see Tubbs & Orlando has partial screens and partial wood paneling.  It also wraps around the building.  Kirsty&Rich's photo shows screens from floor to ceiling, and the porch does not wrap around.

I think Tubbs & Orlando were at the back or side of the Island Inn, but we'll only know for sure when someone can investigate in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 5/21/2016 at 4:58 AM, airtommy said:

Early in the final showdown, Tubbs is on a screened porch.  The spot hasn't been precisely identified.

wp0_wp7c60fa03.png

In a travel thread, forum member Kirsty&Rich visited the Deering Estate and located a possible match.  The porch looks different in many ways, but it could have been altered over the years.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/1488-miami-2009-vice-locations-tour/

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

 

That's great - I will check my photos see if I did take this porch in Feb 2014!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
9 hours ago, airtommy said:

After studying scene carefully, I do not believe the above photo is the correct porch where Tubbs crouches.  Later on in the scene, Orlando Calderone enters the same porch:

Afternoon1.png

Shortly thereafter, Alicia is on the front porch of the Island Inn and Orlando comes out of the Inn via the front door and ambushes her.  The implication is that he went in through the back and came out the front.  While it is possible those two clips were filmed at different buildings, more often than not they film this type of thing with accuracy.  Also, the yellow color in the porch matches the Island Inn's yellow.  The porch where we see Tubbs & Orlando has partial screens and partial wood paneling.  It also wraps around the building.  Kirsty&Rich's photo shows screens from floor to ceiling, and the porch does not wrap around.

I think Tubbs & Orlando were at the back or side of the Island Inn, but we'll only know for sure when someone can investigate in person.

881_zps5t3lhiph.jpg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

This was the porch in 2014 when I visited the Deering Estate  - so confirming that the other photo is not the porch seen in the episode :D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
airtommy

That porch is a much better match, but it is not perfect.  The door is different in design and placement.  Where Tubbs is crouching, the screens are about twice as tall as the wood paneling.  In your photo they are about equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf
On 5/22/2016 at 11:07 AM, Matt5 said:

883_zpsris81oqw.jpg

I think we can say the above porch was the one that Tubbs and Calderone were in.  Of course it was renovated by 2014.  A 1989 movie, Cat Chaser with Peter Weller and Kelly McGillis filmed a lot at the Deering Estate.  The entire movie is on You Tube at:

There is a nice shot of the estate from 50:37 to 50:42.  Below are two screencaps from the movie: 

The movie shows the porch from 1:08:16 to 1:26:40.  Tommy Vercetti gave me the link because he knows I am interested in movies and TV shows filmed in MIami during the 1980 era.  He also wrote about the movie:  "Good cast and directed by Abel Ferrera (director of Home Invaders and Dutch Oven)."
 

Capture.JPG

Deering porch.JPG

Capture.JPG

Deering porch.JPG

Capture.JPG

Deering porch.JPG

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
airtommy

Going deep into the movie vault to solve this case!  I love it!  That clip conclusively proves it's the porch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Thats great to know !! 

Now just the other pic the red / black glassed room which is a mystery !!:):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf

I was curious about where the porch was located on the Deering Estate.  This photo, taken three days after the devastating Hurricane Andrew in 1992, answers my question.

aug-15-2013-coral-gables-fl-united-states-andrew10-south-dade-10-years-DCE4EG.jpg

 

aug-15-2013-coral-gables-fl-united-states-andrew10-south-dade-10-years-DCE4EG.jpg

aug-15-2013-coral-gables-fl-united-states-andrew10-south-dade-10-years-DCE4EG.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
airtommy

Fantastic photos!  I had been wondering if the modification of the porch was due to Hurricane Andrew damage.  It's tough to say from those photos.  It doesn't look too bad from this view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf
3 hours ago, airtommy said:

Fantastic photos!  I had been wondering if the modification of the porch was due to Hurricane Andrew damage.  It's tough to say from those photos.  It doesn't look too bad from this view.

Thanks, the entire building probably needed reconstruction.  Almost every time I post photos using the "choose files" option below it creates multiple copies of the same pic.  Not a major problem but anyone know why this happens?

Edited by miamijimf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

457ee42d-aac0-4f65-b42c-0b00c21c4e57_zps

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now