Don Johnson: DJANGO UNCHAINED / Current pic !

bluepearl

Don's one of the greatest actors to even appear in tv series. Rodriguez did an excellent job giving him that cult film status with Machete. The first Django wasn't bad so this one with gaijin appearing in it a bet it'll b pretty good.

"Few filmmakers seem to go out of their way to cast veterans of classic TV shows or cult films like Quentin Tarantino does – and his latest project, Django Unchained, looks to be all the better for it." -screenrant.comBluepearl, think you were the first to report on this movie, if so, way to go.So it's about 12 days out until the release, not sure if I will see it in the theater, but it's great to see our man Don out in front in big films. Came here because the movie is being discussed in the news (Drudge, etc.)

Bluepearl' date=' think you were the first to report on this movie, if so, way to go.[/quote']:o hopefully I understand this *way to go* correct now... So you wish to get to latest news?Okay, ultimately no matter if I am right or not because the news are simply good!Last night has happend the *SCREENING TO DJANGO UNCHAINED*.These are the current pics to it:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildLink to the HOLLYWOOD REPORTER with an article about the event:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/django-unchained-premieres-nyc-as-401224

We Germans have a similar advertising person:Eingefügtes BildIn Germany HE ;) is wellknown for frozen seafood.One question stays with me. While searching for the fitting pic I could also discover this one:Eingefügtes BildIs Captain IGLO also wellknown in USA or Canada?I know - I know :D:DI push this thread Eingefügtes BildBut I am so curious...... ;) ;)
No' date=' we have the Gorton's fisherman.[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/fish2.jpgEingefügtes Bild

How big a part does Don play in this movie anybody know?:D

With this link http://www.djangounchained.org/you can download the screenplay to Django Unchained by the Weinstein Company.It is a PDF data file.You will find the part by Don as Spencer Big Daddy Bennett in the middle of the first third of all.It is really not as much. :thumbsdown:If Don will be recognized in this small part - then he has done his job MORE AS WELL !!!I am sure... he will have given his best !LOL... :) optimistic like I am...:pI am hoping for an OSCAR/GOLDEN GLOBE as BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

With this link http://www.djangounchained.org/you can download the screenplay to Django Unchained by the Weinstein Company.It is a PDF data file.You will find the part by Don as Spencer Big Daddy Bennett in the middle of the first third of all.It is really not as much. :thumbsdown:If Don will be recognized in this small part - then he has done his job MORE AS WELL !!!I am sure... he will have given his best !LOL... :) optimistic like I am...:pI am hoping for an OSCAR/GOLDEN GLOBE as BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

bluepearl,I believe Don is not recognized enough for his work as a great actor so they put him in smaller roles.I know,I know he's not like he use to be in hay day as Sonny Crockett/Burnett but I think he still has more to offer has an actor,director,singer,.Hollywood or whoever is in charge down there hasn't taped into what Don can offer and its sad in a way,There will never be anybody like Don Johnson again or maybe.If anybody knows let me know?I know of great actors over the years but make it this point,Nobody will ever play Sonny Crockett like he does and that's the truth.Don brings a lot to the screen and I have seen numerous movies and tv shows with him.I am looking forward to this movie even his small part and DAMN he looks good too:happy: just my opinion of course.I wish him all the best.

Despite the small role, Don is getting plenty of publicity with this film. He is also at the press junket together with the other big stars. Also he is receiving terrific reviews for his small role.years ago I already claimed that if one director is perfect for resurrecting Don's career, it is QT. Hopefully it will happen and more interesting roles will follow. After Machete and now this movie, it is moving towards the right direction.here is an interview:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVB6eqqKpXc&feature=youtu.be&a

Need to catch up :rolleyes: Have not seen Don on Kelly and Michael or Craig Ferguson :birdie:

Don at Press Conference in NY' date=' Dec. 16. 2012[/b']

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5t-Ed2i4ho

Don at Craig Ferguson Dec. 18. 2012

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o43BGT2U8k

To the appeareance by Don on Kelly and Michael I am still working, needs still a few days. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see this yet? Taking note of the news spikes regarding any and all controversy. (Opinion and editorial junkie at times.) Have not seen, but may.

Looking forward to this movie :-):D

I'm not. I've heard it's ultra violent, and they say the "N" -word, literally .....about 104-109 times. I hope Don Johnson get's great publicity, and gets further work for this, as I always wish him well, but I have no desire to ever see this film. It's not for me.

I'm not. I've heard it's ultra violent' date=' and they say the "N" -word, literally .....about 104-109 times. I hope Don Johnson get's great publicity, and gets further work for this, as I always wish him well, but I have no desire to ever see this film. It's not for me.[/quote']I dont know, I think QT has gotten too big for his britches and has been too praised for how closely written and performed the early films were, as everyone on the set loved doing them and chipped in and now its catching up with him. So now he thinks he doenst have to worry about how well written the films are or putting the work inand even in just reservior dogs I think he maybe used the N word like 3 times, most of those lines going between Nice Guy Eddie, to Mr Blonde and Sweetie pie from El Viejo to Keitel and like maybe 5 in Pulp with the scenes with Samuel L Jackson.not a 109that and I think Robert Rodriguez may have poisoned the well, there big buddies and ever since they started working together it just seems like the quality has dropped.basically he switched from being fan who wanted to make great films in tribute to the ones of old, nicking such lines as needle nose pliers and a blowtorch from Charley Varrick but still making a hell of a story. to someone who wants to do that but figures he just doesnt have to put in the effort to do it anymore just because he thinks he'll automatically make it greatas Meyer, the director of ST2 said, films thrive on there restrictions, and now with no restrictions he's getting lazy.So even though Don is in it I'm not going to go see it, he said it was some sort of a light cameo anyways. Basically I'll stick to what I always do, only go out and watch it if its trek or bond, unless it really is something great that really resonates well with me.kinda thinking about going to watch that gangster squad film, as I love films about the mafia back in the old days.hell it is being directed by the director of zombieland, so it might be really good.and by the way I used to make a point to go watch any new QT films but after the last two films, one of which where he failed to understand what made the bullitt chase great, the use of a loud screaming small block 302 and a big booming big block 440, instead using two 440'sand Inglorious bastards which was just a basic revenge flick with a WW2 backdrop I think I'll pass.His day has passed, that's for sure.

One thing I say about Tarantino he does make good movies and this one is no exception with the nominations for awards its getting.I am hoping for the best for Don maybe academy award finally he deserves it after all the movies and characters he has portrayed.I will be one toasting him and :D if he gets the academy award.Regarding N word which is socially incorrect nowadays.Listen when Scarface came out another movie the word F*** was heard many,many times.My father was shocked when watching it.Are we suppose to censor everything.I don't think so,for the young children yes. But not the adults.You don't want to hear things like this don't go see the movie.Movies are a piece of art like anything else.People should get off there high horses and come join us at the bottom a lot more fun.GOOD LUCK DON :thumbsup:

You don't want to hear things like this don't go see the movie.

I absolutely agree! That is why I'm not going to see this movie.It's a free country. We have the freedom to make movies like this. We also have the free choice to either see, or not see this movie. My freedom of choice is to not see this movie.I personally have no problem with anyone who wishes to see it. Have fun! :thumbsup:

Indeed although I gotta say with the scarface thing I just kind of loved how over the top it was, something about seeing Al Pacino go so nuts is just so funny to meI just love the guy, even when he's bad he's good if that makes any senseif it wasnt for him, Steve Bauer, Robert Loggia, Paul Shenar and the soundtrack to that film I think it would be unwatchable. But with them I kind of think of it as a guilty pleasure.

I just love the guy' date=' even when he's bad he's good if that makes any senseQUOTE']Makes sense to me:thumbsup:I may not have seen all his movies, but like De Niro, I have never seen him play a bad role. Loved them both in HEAT:thumbsup:Always remember seeing Pacino in Serpico, when I was young, and sort of realized from then what a good actor does.

Makes sense to me:thumbsup:I may not have seen all his movies, but like De Niro, I have never seen him play a bad role. Loved them both in HEAT:thumbsup:Always remember seeing Pacino in Serpico, when I was young, and sort of realized from then what a good actor does.

Still find it funny thought that apparently the studio wanted Francis Ford Coppola to go with someone else, anyone else but him for the part of Michale Corleone in the godfather and that also apparently he got teased on set for his height while making that movie.So I'm glad Francis stuck to his guns and you gotta love how much range he has, no one else in the world could have played Michale Corleone, Tony Montana, Carlito, Lefty and Hanna from heat all in one.I just wish he would maybe get another role along the lines of his early performance in the godfather to remind everyone of how good he is at playing characters that are in control, instead of the more Tony Montana based characters.I mean dont get me wrong nothing wrong with liking that side but I believe in acting if you want to really hit it big and hit it good and get some good credit as an actor you really have to get out of your comfort zone and do weird things and do them well if you want to become one of the greats.and those guys work for it too, no doubt about ithell kind of wish Don would be more remembered for the kind of acting he Pulled off in Evan and Milk Run too, its part of the reason why S1 is one of my favorite seasons.I mean he really was crying at the end of milk run there.

Still find it funny thought that apparently the studio wanted Francis Ford Coppola to go with someone else' date=' anyone else but him for the part of Michale Corleone in the godfather and that also apparently he got teased on set for his height while making that movie.So I'm glad Francis stuck to his guns and you gotta love how much range he has' date=' no one else in the world could have played Michale Corleone, Tony Montana, Carlito, Lefty and Hanna from heat all in one.I just wish he would maybe get another role along the lines of his early performance in the godfather to remind everyone of how good he is at playing characters that are in control, instead of the more Tony Montana based characters.I mean dont get me wrong nothing wrong with liking that side but I believe in acting if you want to really hit it big and hit it good and get some good credit as an actor you really have to get out of your comfort zone and do weird things and do them well if you want to become one of the greats.and those guys work for it too, no doubt about ithell kind of wish Don would be more remembered for the kind of acting he Pulled off in Evan and Milk Run too, its part of the reason why S1 is one of my favorite seasons.I mean he really was crying at the end of milk run there.[/quote'']That's what I really like about Don his emotions come out and you really feel for him.Milk Run at the end you could really see how upset Sonny was in those eyes of his.Real tears I agree.That's why I think Don does not get his dues on his film work he has done.Seems like critics and otherwise put Don into a bubble and he can only play one character.Don has played many characters over the years.

That's what I really like about Don his emotions come out and you really feel for him.Milk Run at the end you could really see how upset Sonny was in those eyes of his.Real tears I agree.That's why I think Don does not get his dues on his film work he has done.Seems like critics and otherwise put Don into a bubble and he can only play one character.Don has played many characters over the years.
Don's acting in MIAMI VICE' date=' especially in Season One' date=' was [u'']extrememly good. He was nominated for best lead actor in a drama that year (for Evan, I think) but lost it. He should have won in my opinion. There were many episodes where he really did a stand up job. I connected with him.I remember reading a vintage article of mine where the writer didn't like his acting, and said, "it looked like his acting was doing variations of an eye squint." What a tool that writer is. :thumbsdown:
  • Like 1