Don Johnson: DJANGO UNCHAINED / Current pic !

bluepearl

Dons' scene at the end of "milk run" was brilliant. Amongst many others I always love his scene with Castillo in "childs play". Amazing, you see him teering up and the passion in the entire scene and the way they both interact is what made vice so good.Also the scene in "nash bridges" where he has to tell his daughter about Evans death.I think that for a lot of years Dons acting ability has been overlooked. A shame but I am glad he has go a variety of different roles in recent years. A tru actor and professional.:thumbsup::clap:

• Like 1

Well said ausifan!I agree... his talents have been varied and poinient.To remark on what others have siad for language, I recently saw Dead Bang for the first time when I found the dvd in the cheapie bin and bought it. I enjoyed it immensely and related to when it was done and the era. The language in the movie did not shock me, but I did notice this was a much harsher Don Johnson charachter than the controlled version of Crockett, and it made the role more realistic I think.I'm no prude nor am I not condoning foul language, but sometimes it adds to the reality of the picture. It's kind of second nature now, being a fan of old BW movies from the 30's and 40's...Gosh, Golly, Geepers Jiminy cricket!!.Just my two cents......................

Stinger, I saw Dead bang when it first came out. I thought the story line was great and yes a different role for Don. It is years since I have seen it but I still remember the chase scene, where Dons character is hungover and unloads all over the suspect when he catches him:D:)My wife and I watch a lot of the old BW movies and quite like them. Yep, a different time, no swearing, all in suits and a sex scene was a couple in the same room. When compared to a lot of todays movies, "Gosh, Golly, Geepers Jiminy cricket!!." sums it up perfect.:rolleyes::D

extrememly good. He was nominated for best lead actor in a drama that year (for Evan, I think) but lost it. He should have won in my opinion. There were many episodes where he really did a stand up job. I connected with him.I remember reading a vintage article of mine where the writer didn't like his acting, and said, "it looked like his acting was doing variations of an eye squint." What a tool that writer is. :thumbsdown:

maybe that's part of the problem, it seems like alot of people think in order for a character to be cool that they can never show there true feelings and maybe he got wrapped up in that movement in the 1990's?you know like with the david goyer penned film blade, you dont learn a single thing about him, he's just a walking vampire slayer and the tv show failed pretty much just because of that.(FYI another reason why if I see the name Goyer attached to anything I run for the hills!)could say the same thing about him in the film with harley davidson and the marlboro man, I know both men can really act and I liked year of the dragon with Micky Roarke yet it seemed to follow that same outline of what a badass was expected to behell when was the last time Horratio of CSI California (as cooper revealed with the thing about the palm trees being of a different sort than the ones in miami), who I still think is a knock off of EJO in vice ever put this kind of subtlety into his performance?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXNcEXlevwo

watch the change from playful and friendly to dead serious and straight when he gives him the list and asks joking did he forget anythinglike just a sudden click back into serious castilo without missing a beathell I once read that patrick steward when trying to get another part after star trek had some casting director say why on earth would I want captain picard in my film?even though he is a bloody bonafide shakespearean actor!so maybe that's the other side of the coin, those kind of roles just aren't available anymore unless you get in with an old style director like Scorsese and even he has had a few misses in the past couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, according to the Rolling Stone article, DJ plays for 20 min. But they were a "pivotal 20 min."Will prob rent, but not see in theater. BTW, the toys (action figures) are fetching TONS of cash right now, if you picked any up, make sure you buy/sell at the right time.

• 6 months later...

Ok, its taken me a while, but I finally saw DJANGO UNCHAINED last night. Great movie, I liked it. I especially liked the cameo by Tarantino at the end and found it interesting. First I noticed he was using an Australian accent and then an Aussie actor, John Jarratt was in that few minute scene with him. They both got killed but then it is a Tarantino film.

• 3 months later...