Dennis Farina

aussiefan

Not sure if this has been posted or mentioned before. I was just reading through an article in "cigar aficianardo" on Dennis Farina. Did not know he was in the Chicago Police Force for 20 years. I have put the link below. Was an interesting read.http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/6048/p/1

yeah he's an ex chicago cop of 20 years back in the 60's and 70's and I think thats the reason why Mann chose him for Thief in 81, Crime story and of course MVas I get the feeling that he had alot of influence on Crime story and what cops said along with a realistic feel to it.

yeah he's an ex chicago cop of 20 years back in the 60's and 70's and I think thats the reason why Mann chose him for Thief in 81' date=' Crime story and of course MVas I get the feeling that he had alot of influence on Crime story and what cops said along with a realistic feel to it.[/quote']One epiphany occured when Farina was working on an episode of "Miami Vice" during a writer's strike. "We got into a brainstorming dialogue," he says. "We said things that evolved into the script. I saw there was something more to it than saying the lines. There was a reason for it and I saw it firsthand."Cool!!!:thumbsup::cool:

Dennis Farina was a 'likeable' bad guy on Miami Vice. Still remember his sending Tubbs out for the ingredients to make tomato sauce for them. :D

oh dennis farina, i remember me , he is al lombard , a bad guy, in a episode -"One Eyed Jack" is farina first in acction :) i find the episode correct :thumbsup:, also castillio is first to see:cool:

Farina was also great during his tenure on Law and Order.Always felt that he incorporates much of himself all the roles he plays.

Farina was also great during his tenure on Law and Order.Always felt that he incorporates much of himself all the roles he plays.

have to admit though my favorite role of his wasnt in any of the above actually, I just loved how off the wall he was in Snatch and just how much fun he had with that role.

have to admit though my favorite role of his wasnt in any of the above actually' date=' I just loved how off the wall he was in Snatch and just how much fun he had with that role.[/quote']Now that was a great movie. Along with its' predecesor "Lock, Stock an Two Smoking Barrels":thumbsup::cool:

Now that was a great movie. Along with its' predecesor "Lock' date=' Stock an Two Smoking Barrels":thumbsup::cool:[/quote']indeed but I cant help but feel it was kind of almost like it was his eqavalent of Reservior Dogs to Pulp Fictiontwo different films cut of the same cloth but uniquily different yet very similar.

Another VICE related tie: Dennis Farina´s cop buddy in Chicago was Chuck Adamson who wrote the episodes "The Fix" and "Shadow in the Dark" and created Michael Mann´s series "Crime Story". Michael Mann´s famous movie "Heat" is based on a real case Chuck Adamson experienced while a cop in Chicago. Adamson passed away in 2008, aged 71.