Episode 63; Red Tape

C Glide

Another great job. I love the episode 'Red Tape,' mainly because it's such a 'Tubbs episode.'Thank you for capturing the moment in the bank where Tubbs is trying to make a withdrawel."So...this is your display case? I WANT MY DAMN MONEY! AND I WANT IT NOW!!!"

Another great job. I love the episode 'Red Tape' date='' mainly because it's such a 'Tubbs episode.'Thank you for capturing the moment in the bank where Tubbs is trying to make a withdrawel."So...this is your display case? I WANT MY DAMN MONEY! AND I WANT IT NOW!!!"[/quote']Glad you liked it and thanks for commenting. At the time it originally aired I was not excited about that scene but it has grown on me and now I do really like it. Great interaction between the teller and Tubbs.

CGlide: Did you take these photos recently? How do you do it all? If you can explain your process a little I would be very interested to know how you get this done.I love that seen on the docks in Red Tape where Tubbs shouts "MacIntyre! I wanna talk to you!"That shoot out is insane. I love how it's captured in slow motion where Lou Diamond takes the bullet and lurches back. And how MacIntyre gathers his arms and sleeves to shoot the gun. Brilliant direction there. I could go on and on with this episode.If I'm not mistaken, this episode was either not shown or was heavily edited for broadcast in the UK because of the level of violence displayed.

• Like 1

CGlide: Did you take these photos recently? How do you do it all? If you can explain your process a little I would be very interested to know how you get this done.I love that seen on the docks in Red Tape where Tubbs shouts "MacIntyre! I wanna talk to you!"That shoot out is insane. I love how it's captured in slow motion where Lou Diamond takes the bullet and lurches back. And how MacIntyre gathers his arms and sleeves to shoot the gun. Brilliant direction there. I could go on and on with this episode.If I'm not mistaken' date=' this episode was either not shown or was heavily edited for broadcast in the UK because of the level of violence displayed.[/quote']Great info thanks Soflajeremy:thumbsup::D

CGlide: Did you take these photos recently? How do you do it all? If you can explain your process a little I would be very interested to know how you get this done.I love that seen on the docks in Red Tape where Tubbs shouts "MacIntyre! I wanna talk to you!"That shoot out is insane. I love how it's captured in slow motion where Lou Diamond takes the bullet and lurches back. And how MacIntyre gathers his arms and sleeves to shoot the gun. Brilliant direction there. I could go on and on with this episode.If I'm not mistaken' date=' this episode was either not shown or was heavily edited for broadcast in the UK because of the level of violence displayed.[/quote']Thank you and I am glad you like it. Regarding the photos of the marina shootout I took these recreation shots back in april of 2007. As I complete pages on my site it allows me to share some of the photos I took which I love doing. Back then I was mostly using a portable DVD player and the dvds to play the scenes while I was at the location and use that to identify the photos to take. I still have about 20 pictures for everyone I publish on my site. More recently I prepare a printed log of screen captures I wish to recreate and bring the DVDs as back up. I have it organized by region and organization is everything. When I first started if I could photograph 6 different locations in a day I had a great day. Now that I have it better organized I can easily hit 15 locations in a day. Allot of the locations have been sussed out here and at the old site and allot of the rest I suss out as I go by studying the dvd and using GE etc. My web site just allows me to share what I have discovered and photographed.

Thank you and I am glad you like it. More recently I prepare a printed log of screen captures I wish to recreate and bring the DVDs as back up. I have it organized by region and organization is everything. When I first started if I could photograph 6 different locations in a day I had a great day. Now that I have it better organized I can easily hit 15 locations in a day. Allot of the locations have been sussed out here and at the old site and allot of the rest I suss out as I go by studying the dvd and using GE etc. My web site just allows me to share what I have discovered and photographed.

Brilliant. It's amazing that you can hit up to 15 locations in a day. That is some serious research, my friend.This site is all the richer for your hard work. Between your location research and C&B's scrapbook, I could be on here for hours at a time. Wait a minute...I already am. The more I get on this site...the more I get on this site!
  • Like 1

Brilliant. It's amazing that you can hit up to 15 locations in a day. That is some serious research' date=' my friend.This site is all the richer for your hard work. Between your location research and C&B's scrapbook, I could be on here for hours at a time. Wait a minute...I already am. The more I get on this site...the more I get on this site![/quote']:D:)

• 1 year later...

Great shot of the teaser location from "Red Tape" on 1st Street/ Collins Ave, Miami Beach. Great episode from early 1987 - with the "Best Adventures" song during this scene. After C&T parked up they walked to the side of the Nemo hotel and this is where they stopped with the bag lady going by ! This was the view behind Crockett!  :D  :fireworks:

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5

• 2 years later...

Not my favourite episode - but still pretty good . Nice locations . Here is a nice view of NW North River Drive we see at a different angle when Crockett is driving here towards the ramp:D:D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7906454,-80.2337532,3a,75y,165.11h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCuaibjqBrOKJBiELvY3INQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

• 7 months later...

Ever noticed the series of sad chords Jan Hammer plays throughout the episode? When he plays that cue, it resolves to a dark, brooding minor chord in every instance, except the final scene when Tubbs gives Bobby his badge. There it reslolves to a more positive and comforting major chord. Jan is a master like that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Ever noticed the series of sad chords Jan Hammer plays throughout the episode? When he plays that cue, it resolves to a dark, brooding minor chord in every instance, except the final scene when Tubbs gives Bobby his badge. There it reslolves to a more positive and comforting major chord. Jan is a master like that. 

Great point Dadrian ! 

Love JH - he certainly was recycling some of his Season 1 and 2 themes by the end of Season 3 . The main score in "Lend Me An Ear" an episode earlier was  also particularly good ! ( recycled in "Mirror Image") :done:

Edited by Matt5

• 3 months later...

This is interesting an old aerial of Dania Beach posted on Facebook today by a mutual friend of Miamijimf and myself.  From "Red Tape" and "Lombard".:thumbsup:

IMG_3515.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Tom said:

Here is a beautiful photo (1988)  of the original state of the Nemo Hotel, as seen in the episode.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-22 um 21.20.00.png

I was gonna post a really corny joke about Finding Nemo, but I backed out. 

• Haha 2

On 5/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, Tom said:

Here is a beautiful photo (1988)  of the original state of the Nemo Hotel, as seen in the episode.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-22 um 21.20.00.png

It looked beautiful in 1988 just one year after Red Tape was shot - here it is last late Fall 2019 when I took a shot looking down 1st Street to Washington (as we see this angle in the opening credits when McIntyre pulled up).

B27195C7-6BD3-44EC-88F4-FC8F018A6F54.jpeg

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

It looked beautiful in 1988 just one year after Red Tape was shot - here it is last late Fall 2019 when I took a shot looking down 1st Street to Washington (as we see this angle in the opening credits when McIntyre pulled up).

B27195C7-6BD3-44EC-88F4-FC8F018A6F54.jpeg

Yeah I know. When I was in South Beach last year I was shocked to see all the nice Art Deco houses being repainted to dull white communist-look alikes. All the nice colors that made each house unique are gone. Creamy white all over. The whole magic of tropical colors is what made SB famous. I got no clue why they destroyed that landmark style.

• Sad 1

On 5/25/2020 at 2:35 PM, Tom said:

Yeah I know. When I was in South Beach last year I was shocked to see all the nice Art Deco houses being repainted to dull white communist-look alikes. All the nice colors that made each house unique are gone. Creamy white all over. The whole magic of tropical colors is what made SB famous. I got no clue why they destroyed that landmark style.

Yes I agree in particular with The Nemo at 1st and Ocean. The restaurant and hotel were also closed and empty and this was three months before the virus hit.

Edited by Matt5

I took this late fall shot in 2019 of the opening credit shot we see in this episode. Taken from 1st street looking north to 2nd I was reminded we saw this type of shot again two years later in “Miracle Man” when Tubbs and Switzek pulled up past 124 Collins Avenue just slightly north.

4136EF22-1B6E-4BF6-B49D-17E52FF9E64D.jpeg

5C29F870-A924-4A32-9268-D4A1CBCE7006.jpeg

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Yes I agree in particular with The Nemo at 1st and Ocean. The restaurant and hotel were also closed and empty and this was three months before the virus hit.

South Beach looks so boring now with all buildings in white, even on Ocean Drive. No way that it would trigger such hype nowaydays if they had to start the MV series.

My take away is: first developers tried to tear down all old buildings in SoBe, when they could not do that anymore after the Senator incident and tightened preservation zoning, they decided to buy all buildings, paint them as boring white/beige as it gets and then, after some time, public will agree to replacement as nobody deems it special anymore....