A new Jan Hammer cover coming in July!!!

Dadrian

Hello everyone!I am very excited to announce that I have set aside a couple of weeks in mid-July to work on the Jan Hammer cover I was working on a couple of years back. It was one I called "Larry and Stan", which is the cue that plays in "Made for Each Other" right before Larry and Stans first meet with Bonzo Barry. It also plays when Zito steps into the ring with Bobby Sikes in "Down for the Count, pt. 1".I hope everyone like that cue. I will keep you updated as it progresses. Thanks again to everyone for my recent birthday wishes.

Hello everyone!I am very excited to announce that I have set aside a couple of weeks in mid-July to work on the Jan Hammer cover I was working on a couple of years back. It was one I called "Larry and Stan"' date=' which is the cue that plays in "Made for Each Other" right before Larry and Stans first meet with Bonzo Barry. It also plays when Zito steps into the ring with Bobby Sikes in "Down for the Count, pt. 1".I hope everyone like that cue. I will keep you updated as it progresses. Thanks again to everyone for my recent birthday wishes.[/quote']Very cool. I'll be looking forward to it. I love that lil' jammy jam.

Hello everyone!I am very excited to announce that I have set aside a couple of weeks in mid-July to work on the Jan Hammer cover I was working on a couple of years back. It was one I called "Larry and Stan"' date=' which is the cue that plays in "Made for Each Other" right before Larry and Stans first meet with Bonzo Barry. It also plays when Zito steps into the ring with Bobby Sikes in "Down for the Count, pt. 1".I hope everyone like that cue. I will keep you updated as it progresses. Thanks again to everyone for my recent birthday wishes.[/quote']Excellent!:radio::clap::thumbsup:

• Administrators

You know how I feel pal! If it were up to me I'd have you locked away creating JH covers until there wasn't anything left to cover!! but that's just me of course..;) Seriously though, Great news! Can't wait! :thumbsup:

glad to hear you are all still hungry for that stuff after all this time. i know i always will be no matter what.fman: i wish it were up to you! this air conditioning business is killing me! especially this time of year. pays pretty good though.this is gonna be a great cover guys. cant wait to start back on it.best wishes to you all.

Drums on "Runaround."Nofretz: I have a question...do you think the drums on the tune "Runaround" (heard during the polo match scene in "Little Prince") are live drums and were just quickly thrown down by Jan to accompany the rest of the music?I've really been focusing on that song lately, and when I hear it, the drums sound imperfect and even a little lazy. But they work perfectly for the song. The drums give the rest of the tune a loose, carefree feel.I think the shaker is live (ie: non-synth/keyboards) too. What is your opinion?

Nofretz: I have a question...do you think the drums on the tune "Runaround" (heard during the polo match scene in "Little Prince") are live drums and were just quickly thrown down by Jan to accompany the rest of the music?I've really been focusing on that song lately' date=' and when I hear it, the drums sound imperfect and even a little lazy. But they work perfectly for the song. The drums give the rest of the tune a loose, carefree feel.I think the shaker is live (ie: non-synth/keyboards) too. What is your opinion?[/quote']If I remember the liner notes correctly, he says it's an older song, not written for MIAMI VICE, but used in MIAMI VICE. I believe the drums are actual live drums.

That makes sense, C&B. I'll have to pull out the cd and read the liner notes, but I could see how that was maybe an older tune of Jan's. It has a sort of jam session feel to it. I could imagine Jan being influenced by his days with Billy Cobham there.

• Administrators

I'd put my money on live drums, especially on an older song since Jan does play drums as well. I remember seeing a picture of him playing on the back of one of his older albums. Don't remember which.

glad to hear you are all still hungry for that stuff after all this time. i know i always will be no matter what.fman: i wish it were up to you! this air conditioning business is killing me! especially this time of year. pays pretty good though.this is gonna be a great cover guys. cant wait to start back on it.best wishes to you all.

Looking forward to your new cover, Dadrian. And I can relate to the A/C business being busy. It has been north of 100F here for the last few days.....hit 103F here and was a record.

you are all correct about the drums being live on runaround."Larry and Stan" resumes construction this weekend. I want to have it posted by the following weekend if all goes well. Stay tuned...:radio::radio::radar::radar:

you are all correct about the drums being live on runaround."Larry and Stan" resumes construction this weekend. I want to have it posted by the following weekend if all goes well. Stay tuned...:radio::radio::radar::radar:

Great to know :D

Music in PaybackI'm watching 'Payback' right now. Anyone know what the music is that's being played at Frankie and Jonny's bar/nightclub around minute 10 of the episode? It has a heavy saxaphone lead. Almost sounds like it could be a 12" remix of a Herbie Hancock tune.

I'm watching 'Payback' right now. Anyone know what the music is that's being played at Frankie and Jonny's bar/nightclub around minute 10 of the episode? It has a heavy saxaphone lead. Almost sounds like it could be a 12" remix of a Herbie Hancock tune.

Sly & Robbie - Bass and Trouble :)

• 3 weeks later...

i wanted to be finished by now but i'm not :(i have one little track to lay down (the lead guitar sound) and i'm done. so close!!!don't give up on me! any day now...

i wanted to be finished by now but i'm not :(i have one little track to lay down (the lead guitar sound) and i'm done. so close!!!don't give up on me! any day now...

My finger is ready to click on the download button.....;)