DAYTONA SPYDER CARS/PARTS/ACCESSORIES

Guest MIAMISPYDERS

Guest MIAMISPYDERS
Hello everyone I just joined this amazing Miami Vice Community Forum/Club and would like to give you all a little background information on myself. My name is Arturo I was born and raised in Miami Beach and in my teen years I had the pleasure of witnessing the filming of Miami vice in person, I grew up hanging around the set and even worked the Miami Vice going away Party at Woody's On The Beach (5th Ocean Drive), my older brother worked as a valet parker at the Alexander Hotel on Collins Avenue (Miami Vice Office) where they kept the Daytona Spyders parked, the first time I saw it I thought it was the coolest car ever and promised myself that one day I would own one and have the pleasure of cruising down the streets of Miami in one. Back in 2003 I purchased my first Daytona Spyder and since then owned and sold about 17 Daytonas from builders like McBurnie ,Rowley, CCC, Corvarri, Roberts, etc. About 5 years ago I purchased all parts, accessories and molds from now retired builders from the 80's.

• Administrators

Arturo, please feel free to browse the site, post stories of your experiences or even post pictures of your Daytonas, but please refrain from posting links to ebay or any other site to buy or sell parts or whole cars. This is NOT the place to do business of any kind.

Hello everyone I just joined this amazing Miami Vice Community Forum/Club and would like to give you all a little background information on myself. My name is Arturo I was born and raised in Miami Beach and in my teen years I had the pleasure of witnessing the filming of Miami vice in person' date=' I grew up hanging around the set and even worked the Miami Vice going away Party at Woody's On The Beach (5th Ocean Drive), my older brother worked as a valet parker at the Alexander Hotel on Collins Avenue (Miami Vice Office) where they kept the Daytona Spyders parked, the first time I saw it I thought it was the coolest car ever and promised myself that one day I would own one and have the pleasure of cruising down the streets of Miami in one. Back in 2003 I purchased my first Daytona Spyder and since then owned and sold about 17 Daytonas from builders like McBurnie ,Rowley, CCC, Corvarri, Roberts, etc. About 5 years ago[/i'] I purchased all parts, accessories and molds from now retired builders from the 80's.I currently have a Daytona listed on Ebay, belowmis the link:(REMOVED!)
People, this guy is one of the more disreputable car sellers you will ever come across....STAY AWAY.Some of us have had the distinct misfortune of dealing with him in the past under several different Ebay IDs. When he accumulates enough negative feedback he gets a new ID.He snaps up Daytonas he finds on the internet and throws some cosmetics on the cars and then marks them way up, claiming he made all these expensive upgrades, trying make a fast buck. When you want to do an inspection of his cars he won't allow anyone who is not known to him in a 1 mile radius. (like we're all stupid?) He then will tell you that even if an inspection were to find something he won't adjust his price. He advertises cars claiming to be in great condition then upon closer inspection it is obvious the cars are nowhere near what he advertised. Some Members on this forum have already seen this. He uses underhanded high-pressure sales tactics...claiming he has "overseas buyers" coming in to inspect his latest "deal" and you better get there before they do. In fact there were no foreign buyers and was just another sales tactic, like his minutia price reserve reductions on Ebay that amount to zilch.He sells parts and represents them as one thing, and when it shows up in the mail it is a completely different part number and not in the condition advertised. Then he promises price adjustments on those parts that he never honors and leaves buyers paying more than they agreed. Oh and by the way ARTURO, selling your cars on this site is against policy and is the only reason you joined....to take advantage of our own unsuspecting members who love MV cars. I don't want to see any Members here get screwed.

this guy is one of the more disreputable car sellers you will ever come across....STAY AWAY.Oh and by the way ARTURO, selling your cars on this site is against policy and is the only reason you joined....to take advantage of our own unsuspecting members who love MV cars. I don't want to see any Members here get screwed.

Thanks for the head's up, Sonny-Burnett. Ya know, I thought it sounded a little fishy and it was sort of convenient that there was an ebay link at the end of his post, but I gave the benefit of the doubt. You got very Castillo-like in your warning.

Guest MIAMISPYDERS
Arturo' date=' please feel free to browse the site, post stories of your experiences or even post pictures of your Daytonas, but please refrain from posting links to ebay or any other site to buy or sell parts or whole cars. This is NOT the place to do business of any kind.[/quote']Sorry my bad

Guest MIAMISPYDERS

this guy is one of the more disreputable car sellers you will ever come across....STAY AWAY.Some of us have had the distinct misfortune of dealing with him in the past under several different Ebay IDs. When he accumulates enough negative feedback he gets a new ID.He snaps up Daytonas he finds on the internet and throws some cosmetics on the cars and then marks them way up, claiming he made all these expensive upgrades, trying make a fast buck. When you want to do an inspection of his cars he won't allow anyone who is not known to him in a 1 mile radius. (like we're all stupid?) He then will tell you that even if an inspection were to find something he won't adjust his price. He advertises cars claiming to be in great condition then upon closer inspection it is obvious the cars are nowhere near what he advertised. Some Members on this forum have already seen this. He uses underhanded high-pressure sales tactics...claiming he has "overseas buyers" coming in to inspect his latest "deal" and you better get there before they do. In fact there were no foreign buyers and was just another sales tactic, like his minutia price reserve reductions on Ebay that amount to zilch.He sells parts and represents them as one thing, and when it shows up in the mail it is a completely different part number and not in the condition advertised. Then he promises price adjustments on those parts that he never honors and leaves buyers paying more than they agreed. Oh and by the way ARTURO, selling your cars on this site is against policy and is the only reason you joined....to take advantage of our own unsuspecting members who love MV cars. I don't want to see any Members here get screwed.

I'm not sure who you are and why you are accusing me of these ridiculous acts, I'm an honest seller with 100% Feedback and always have been. If I ever changed my ID it was because of fraud attempt against my account, I challenge you to prove these accusations.Sounds like you need a hug or maybe it's that time of the month.

I'm not sure who you are and why you are accusing me of these ridiculous acts' date=' I'm an honest seller with 100% Feedback and always have been. If I ever changed my ID it was because of fraud attempt against my account' date=' I challenge you to prove these accusations.Sounds like you need a hug or maybe it's that time of the month.[/quote'']Ouch! :thumbsdown:

I'm not sure who you are and why you are accusing me of these ridiculous acts' date=' I'm an honest seller with 100% Feedback and always have been. If I ever changed my ID it was because of fraud attempt against my account' date=' I challenge you to prove these accusations.Sounds like you need a hug or maybe it's that time of the month.[/quote'']Well people, the comment about "time of the month" ought to tell you all you need to know about his professionalism, or lack thereof.As to your ridiculous acts (your words) I have personally experienced (2009 and 2010) your nefarious selling tactics, misrepresentations, bait and switch tactics, and the rest of what I will call used car sales tactics.I recall very well the alleged improvements on a car you made and advertised in Ebay, that turned out to be simple cosmetic adds, as well as learning from you of likely defects that you mentioned and downplayed prompting me to request an independent inspection at a dealer of my own choosing (and my cost). Instead of accomodating me, you balked big time and informed me that I needed to use your guy in the area. Yeah...really independent. You said I can get a local inspection or none at all. Except I didn't want to use a shop that you were in business with or was that in bed with? Seemed to me that you had something to hide. And you hastily added that even if something were found defective you wouldn't lower your price. Really??Interesting isn't it? And let's not forget all the many "foreign buyers" "clamoring" for your cars (so you told me) so that I better get my ticket and get down there before the car sells. I didn't believe this BS tactic so I had someone from my office call you one day later and your story completely changed...how amazing. You couldn't even remember your stories from one day to the next and so we all had a laugh at your expense and I walked away from your shady sales practices and shady deals, and likely crappy cars. Incidentally, I followed the car that I walked away from and you listed it repeatedly for months and finally sold it. I also recall the buyer was extremely dissatisfied with your representations as I read in his Negative Feedback comments. Then there was a parts order I did with you where I wanted specific new items and I provided the codes and you assured me you had them. I paid you and you delivered something different claiming it was just a mistake. Then you shipped me other wrong items and I balked. You said you didn't have any more new ones but that you would sell me really good condition used ones at a discount. The first ones were damaged and you blamed the shipper. I wanted good ones and so then you shipped me junk ones and said that was all you had but you would give me a big paypal credit. So 3 separate returns at my expense all due to misrepresentations and Bait and Switch as far as I'm concerned and the promised credit was never provided by you , even after repeated emails to you by me weeks later. And I ended up with crappy parts with no promised price concession against your original commitment to provide the correct new items. How am i doing on details now, Arturo?And then there was all the negative feedback I read on your old Ebay IDs. You would accumulate a number of negative feedbacks and then switch your ID to, what was it, how many IDs, Arturo?So as to me proving what I have personally witnessed (and others on this site know you all to well) I have a better idea: Why don't you have Ebay produce all your feedback ratings for all your past IDs and show them. Don't forget all the negative feedback that I remember reading over and over ID by ID that was the real reason for all your ID changes. And don't forget LatinKing666......, how appropriate on the 666.And while you're in such an honest mood why don't you get your dozens of car buyers to come on here and offer testimonials of what an honest and straight up guy you are?

Guest MIAMISPYDERS
Well people' date=' the comment about "time of the month" ought to tell you all you need to know about his professionalism' date=' or lack thereof.As to your ridiculous acts (your words) I have personally experienced (2009 and 2010) your nefarious selling tactics, misrepresentations, bait and switch tactics, and the rest of what I will call used car sales tactics.I recall very well the alleged improvements on a car you made and advertised in Ebay, that turned out to be simple cosmetic adds, as well as learning from you of likely defects that you mentioned and downplayed prompting me to request an independent inspection at a dealer of my own choosing (and my cost). Instead of accomodating me, you balked big time and informed me that I needed to use your guy in the area. Yeah...really independent. You said I can get a local inspection or none at all. Except I didn't want to use a shop that you were in business with or was that in bed with? Seemed to me that you had something to hide. And you hastily added that even if something were found defective you wouldn't lower your price. Really??Interesting isn't it? And let's not forget all the many "foreign buyers" "clamoring" for your cars (so you told me) so that I better get my ticket and get down there before the car sells. I didn't believe this BS tactic so I had someone from my office call you one day later and your story completely changed...how amazing. You couldn't even remember your stories from one day to the next and so we all had a laugh at your expense and I walked away from your shady sales practices and shady deals, and likely crappy cars. Incidentally, I followed the car that I walked away from and you listed it repeatedly for months and finally sold it. I also recall the buyer was extremely dissatisfied with your representations as I read in his Negative Feedback comments. Then there was a parts order I did with you where I wanted specific new items and I provided the codes and you assured me you had them. I paid you and you delivered something different claiming it was just a mistake. Then you shipped me other wrong items and I balked. You said you didn't have any more new ones but that you would sell me really good condition used ones at a discount. The first ones were damaged and you blamed the shipper. I wanted good ones and so then you shipped me junk ones and said that was all you had but you would give me a big paypal credit. So 3 separate returns at my expense all due to misrepresentations and Bait and Switch as far as I'm concerned and the promised credit was never provided by you , even after repeated emails to you by me weeks later. And I ended up with crappy parts with no promised price concession against your original commitment to provide the correct new items. How am i doing on details now, Arturo?And then there was all the negative feedback I read on your old Ebay IDs. You would accumulate a number of negative feedbacks and then switch your ID to, what was it, how many IDs, Arturo?So as to me proving what I have personally witnessed (and others on this site know you all to well) I have a better idea: Why don't you have Ebay produce all your feedback ratings for all your past IDs and show them. Don't forget all the negative feedback that I remember reading over and over ID by ID that was the real reason for all your ID changes. And don't forget LatinKing666......, how appropriate on the 666.And while you're in such an honest mood why don't you get your dozens of car buyers to come on here and offer testimonials of what an honest and straight up guy you are?[/quote'']You definitely have me confused with someone else, but if you BS is true then please provide me with detail information on the vehicle or parts you claim to have purchased from me.

Thanks for the head's up' date=' Sonny-Burnett. Ya know' date=' I thought it sounded a little fishy and it was sort of convenient that there was an ebay link at the end of his post, but I gave the benefit of the doubt. You got very Castillo-like in your warning.[/quote'']Lol, have to work on the ice cold staredown.:)

[I">

You definitely have me confused with someone else' date=' but if you BS is true then please provide me with detail information on the vehicle or parts you claim to have purchased from me.[/i']

Well which one is it Arturo, I have you confused with someone else or I nailed my "BS" right on the head, knowing your name, email, ebay IDs and phone number as I do?

I have deleted the ebay motors link that you provided in your first post in the "MIAMI VICE CROCKETT BLAZERS & VICE CLOTHES PHOTOS" thread.IF these allegations are true, none of our 4,900 + rabid Miami Vice members will ever buy anything from you ever again. The word here will spread like wildfire.

this guy is one of the more disreputable car sellers you will ever come across....STAY AWAY.Some of us have had the distinct misfortune of dealing with him in the past under several different Ebay IDs. When he accumulates enough negative feedback he gets a new ID.He snaps up Daytonas he finds on the internet and throws some cosmetics on the cars and then marks them way up, claiming he made all these expensive upgrades, trying make a fast buck. When you want to do an inspection of his cars he won't allow anyone who is not known to him in a 1 mile radius. (like we're all stupid?) He then will tell you that even if an inspection were to find something he won't adjust his price. He advertises cars claiming to be in great condition then upon closer inspection it is obvious the cars are nowhere near what he advertised. Some Members on this forum have already seen this. He uses underhanded high-pressure sales tactics...claiming he has "overseas buyers" coming in to inspect his latest "deal" and you better get there before they do. In fact there were no foreign buyers and was just another sales tactic, like his minutia price reserve reductions on Ebay that amount to zilch.He sells parts and represents them as one thing, and when it shows up in the mail it is a completely different part number and not in the condition advertised. Then he promises price adjustments on those parts that he never honors and leaves buyers paying more than they agreed. Oh and by the way ARTURO, selling your cars on this site is against policy and is the only reason you joined....to take advantage of our own unsuspecting members who love MV cars. I don't want to see any Members here get screwed.

Thanks for the warning. I have seen many of these cars advertised, and have to agree with Sonny.

Guest MIAMISPYDERS
I have deleted the ebay motors link that you provided in your first post in the "MIAMI VICE CROCKETT BLAZERS & VICE CLOTHES PHOTOS" thread.IF these allegations are true' date=' none of our 4,900 + rabid Miami Vice members will ever buy anything from you ever again. The word here will spread like wildfire.[/quote']You know my name because I listed it here and got my D from the link, still waiting on the proof of purchase.AND BY THE WAY I'M NOT LOOKING TO SELL MY CARS OR ITEMS ON THIS SITE I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE AND MAYBE POST NEVER BEFORE SEEN PICTURES OF VICE IN THE MAKING THAT I PERSONALLY TOOK.

[I">

You know my name because I listed it here and got my D from the link' date=' still waiting on the proof of purchase.AND BY THE WAY I'M NOT LOOKING TO SELL MY CARS OR ITEMS ON THIS SITE I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE AND MAYBE POST NEVER BEFORE SEEN PICTURES OF VICE IN THE MAKING THAT I PERSONALLY TOOK.[/i']

O.K., let's see the pictures.

Guest MIAMISPYDERS
O.K.' date=' let's see the pictures.[/quote'] Patience pal, I have several remaining pictures of Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas that I took during the last season, the earlier ones were unfortunately stolen from my apartment in Miami Beach REALLY SUCKS, I had an awesome picture with Sandra Santiago in one arm and Olivia in the other, taken by there body guard Olivia Brown was so hot.I have to scan them and figure out how to post them, I'm new to this site so give me some time.

Patience pal" data-date=" I have several remaining pictures of [/I">

Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas that I took during the last season, the earlier ones were unfortunately stolen from my apartment in Miami Beach REALLY SUCKS, I had an awesome picture with Sandra Santiago in one arm and Olivia in the other, taken by there body guard Olivia Brown was so hot.I have to scan them and figure out how to post them, I'm new to this site so give me some time.

But.....Isn't posting pictures on ebay motors the same as posting on this site?

My name is Arturo I was born and raised in Miami Beach and in my teen years I had the pleasure of witnessing the filming of Miami vice in person' date=' I grew up hanging around the set and even worked the Miami Vice going away Party at Woody's On The Beach (5th Ocean Drive), [/quote']What, no photos?? :cry:O.k., I'll post one.Eingefügtes BildYaaaay! Now I'm happy. :dance2:

Patience pal" data-date=" I have several remaining pictures of [/I">

Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas that I took during the last season, the earlier ones were unfortunately stolen from my apartment in Miami Beach REALLY SUCKS, I had an awesome picture with Sandra Santiago in one arm and Olivia in the other, taken by there body guard Olivia Brown was so hot.I have to scan them and figure out how to post them, I'm new to this site so give me some time.

:confused: STOLEN?They have left the Rolex fake with you and stolen the pics by Don??? :eek: WOW! Intelligent! VERY WAY! Like Cinderella:balloon:: *Separate the Good from the Bad...* :p :pOkay!I'm waiting! My only problem is .... as long as I am looking for - I think I will never be in patience! Eingefügtes BildAnd this sign at my pc Eingefügtes Bildwell.....not the real good moments of my life! :thumbsdown:Insofar: THANKS TO ALL THESE NICE GUYS (ALL of our 4,900 + rabid Miami Vice members / ;)THANKS COOP ;)) HERE WITH ME - you never have let wait me for long if YOU have promised something !!!!!!!

Guest MIAMISPYDERS
Dear Miami Vice fans I have decided to no longer be a part of this club and will not be sharing NEVER before seen pictures of Vice being filmed because of the constant rude comments by this member, I hope the 4,900 + rabid Miami Vice members really appreciate your attitude, I will post only 1 of the 25 pictures that I have and you will never see the rest unless you were there that day, ENJOY THE PICTURE

[SIZE=2">

Dear Miami Vice fans I have decided to no longer be a part of this club and will not be sharing NEVER before seen pictures of Vice being filmed because of the constant rude comments by this member' date=' I hope the 4,900 + rabid Miami Vice members really appreciate your attitude, I will post only 1 of the 25 pictures that I have and you will never see the rest unless you were there that day, ENJOY THE PICTURE[/size']

I was wondering when the real you would show and you didn't disappoint. Go crawl back under the rock you came from. And like the saying goes, payback's a bitch.....isn't it, pal. Hmm think there's a Vice episode by that name as well. :)

[SIZE=2">

Dear Miami Vice fans I have decided to no longer be a part of this club and will not be sharing NEVER before seen pictures of Vice being filmed because of the constant rude comments by this member' date=' I hope the 4,900 + rabid Miami Vice members really appreciate your attitude, I will post only 1 of the 25 pictures that I have and you will never see the rest unless you were there that day, ENJOY THE PICTURE[/size']

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHELP!!!... my poor belly............. !!!!!!!

• Administrators

...and it looks like that's a wrap!