Our site will have a different layout / Neues Design für unsere Seite

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Hi,as you might know, we had some trouble with our site layout in the past. The problem is that we use a plug-in (additional software which is not included in our forum software standard) for all the boxes and banners you can see on our homepage. Support and updates for this plug-in became worse and worse in the past and now the developer closed down his homepage.Because of this there will be no longer any support or updates in the future. That's why we have to switch to another solution. We can use the forum software built-in portal homepage or we can use another plug-in which could probably cause the same problem in the future.I'm not sure which one we'll take but I want to let you know that our layout and design will change.----------------------Hallo,ihr habe vielleicht mitbekommen, dass es in der Vergangenheit immer wieder mal Probleme mit unserer Portalseite gab. Das Problem daran ist, dass wir dafür eine Zusatz-Software nutzen, die nicht zum Standard unserer Forumsoftware gehört. Support und Updates waren in der letzten Zeit schon mies, jetzt ist die Seite des Entwicklers ganz geschlossen.Daher wird es für das Plug-in keine weiteren Updates oder Support geben und wir müssen uns nach einer anderen Lösung umschauen. Wir können das Standard-Portal der Software verwenden oder eine andere Zusatzsoftware nutzen - mit vielleicht den gleichen Problemen. Ich weiss noch nicht abschließend, was wir zukünftig verwenden werden.Ich wollte euch nur schon mal vorwarnen, dass das Design und das Layout in Zukunft anders aussehen werden.

Vielen Dank für die Info Caipi!!Wichtig für mich ist einzig und allein, dass uns dieses Forum erhalten bleibt!Ich denke *das Kleid*, das es trägt sollte nicht das Entscheidende sein! DANKE FÜR EURE MÜHE !!!! :thumbsup::clap:********Thanks for the info Caipi! Important to me is solely that we will retain this forum! I think *the dress* it wears should not be the important thing! THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT!! :thumbsup::clap:

Thanks for the update Chris. Had I not seen this update, I'd wondered what was going on.Thank you. I Love this website! :thumbsup:

Thank You Chris for this information!! I just logged in after being gone for 8 or 9 months or so & was really trying to figure out what was going on. I'm glad though that you have been able to find a fix for this problem & really hope this will not happen to you & the rest of the Vicers & Vicerettes again!!