What's the best Crockett look?

Detective_Crockett

I don't know its like asking someone to pick there favorite son, whatever I like this week I guess lolbut I did really like the Blue and darker contrasts of S3 that just spoke to me, as blue has always been one of my go to colorshttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8252&stc=1&d=1376910176http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8254&stc=1&d=1376910179http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8255&stc=1&d=1376910180and with the darker hues its much easier to match on the fly, as when somethings black or dark tinted everything seems match, not to mention it makes the laundry a hell of alot easier to do lol although I do really like that second episode look he had there at the starthttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/heartof04.jpgfor Boldness though the ones that sticks out for me are the definitely miami lavender look that he had at the endhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/absolut48.jpgthe Out Where the Busses dont run classic look with tan, black and white that has become a seemingly iconic look that shows up alot everywhere.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/gespen02.jpgand the one at the endhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/gespen26.jpg and the Smugglers Blues/Mirror Image look he had at the start of that episodehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/smug16.jpghttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/mirror02.jpgonly he could pull that off lolhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8256&stc=1&d=1376910185although with one minor change, he switched to a pink shirt for mirror image, which seems to really set it off.

post-592-13892965777901_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965778344_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965778647_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965779_thumb.jpg

Late season 1-early season 2 is the classic look..i kinda like late season 2 where he's grown a mullet at the back and his t shirts are all frilly.All his looks are pretty cool, hard to fault the guy..I even like the pilot look where his stubble is thicker and he got those carrera sunglasses..and the orange jacket.Season 4, i like the patterned shirts under the usual pastel jackets..Season 5 with the long curly hair

I love the season 2 looks!Pastels is up and glowing in this seasons clothes!I like the pink pants he wears and was surprised that he wore it more often besides those two episodes in season 1 (Milk Run and The Maze).I own a pair of pink chino pants and they work well with pastel shirts.I like some of his latter season stuff.Its a good look if you don't want to stand out too much in public.My favorite looks are these...Very sleek looking:cool:Eingefügtes BildLight blue blazer looks awesome (great screenshot too)Eingefügtes BildPink pants,light blue henley,white blazer = Great combo!Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Season 3 by far[ATTACH=CONFIG]8257[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8259[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8260[/ATTACH]

post-11033-1389296577943_thumb.jpg

post-11033-13892965779938_thumb.jpg

post-11033-1389296578044_thumb.jpg

post-11033-13892965781009_thumb.jpg

Season 3 by far[ATTACH=CONFIG]8257[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8259[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8260[/ATTACH]

Agreed, this is the look I always do when doing the Crockett look, but I also sometimes have the Season 3 hair but Season 1/2 pastels, sometimes my hair can go Season 2. :):cool:

6433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6434[/ATTACH]Season 1 is a very close second as it's almost the same at points. Originally longer on top, a bit longer on the sides and a bit shorter at the collar(still past the collar though, level with his bottom lip about). At the beginning of the first season anyways. His hair isn't short anywhere though. Hairspray keeps it all going the right direction so it keeps a neat appearance. It seems like his hair gets shorter on top as the season goes on. Not much but it's noticeable in a couple episodes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6435[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6436[/ATTACH]Season 3 killed me when I saw his hair cut short at the front and shortest yet at the collar. That was a bit of a shock.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6432[/ATTACH]

Just have to know, where does everybody get these 13th street images from? the pictures from the episodes? :)

The season 3 clothes look the most dated..Can you imagine something going out wearing that material..? it looks like plastic

Just have to know' date=' where does everybody get these 13th street images from? the pictures from the episodes? :)[/quote']Hi Detective_Crockett!Please take your time and go on a deep exploration in this amazing forum.I think almost all by the shown images you will find here:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/vbglossar.php?do=showcat&catid=8This is an excellent glossary about each only episode with all datas around. :thumbsup::clap::happy:There are shown all these amazing screenshots to each ep.Take more time for 'Behind the Scenes' of MV online...YOU WILL BE THRILLED!aah... lol... and robbed about at lot of life time :) but it is it worth !!! :done::done::done::balloon:

Hi Detective_Crockett!Please take your time and go on a deep exploration in this amazing forum.I think almost all by the shown images you will find here:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/vbglossar.php?do=showcat&catid=8This is an excellent glossary about each only episode with all datas around. :thumbsup::clap::happy:There are shown all these amazing screenshots to each ep.Take more time for 'Behind the Scenes' of MV online...YOU WILL BE THRILLED!aah... lol... and robbed about at lot of life time :) but it is it worth !!! :done::done::done::balloon:

Thank you very much for your help Bluepearl, yeah I have been here for a year, but I'm still quite new in some aspects. :)

When I get my haircut after I finish the series again, I'm getting my haircut and styling it like Crockett's Season 3 look

• 2 weeks later...

Heres another great look from a photo shoot.Pastel blue and pink go together like fire meets sun:DThis is a classic photo:cool:

whoa that's cool...DJ never wore many orange t shirts throughout the show..Only time i can think of is in the opening of Buddies..

• 1 year later...

Season 2 is when I really started watching and is probably my favorite look, at least partly for that reason.  Hair was good and clothing was unlike anything I'd ever seen on a man before (I watched it when it was originally broadcast).  Also like his look in Season 1 a lot.  Surprisingly (to me!) Season 3's short, spiky-haired look and dark clothing grew on me as the season went on.  

Did not care as much for the longer hair in Season 4, just felt like it usually looked messy and was less flattering to Sonny's face.  It was just OK, and of course I felt like the Caitlin storyline was rushed and it annoyed me that he never got back with Gina (as a romantic relationship).  Caitlin grew on me (a little) but Sonny's "rock star" hairstyle look did not.  Burnett with his sharp gray suits and slicked-back ponytail was hot, though!!!

Really hated the shaggy, curly longer hair of Season 5.  Yes, DJ looked good in jeans but for me it was just not a Sonny Crockett look.  However, as I've watched a selection of my favorite episodes from the whole span of the show in the past few weeks, I have appreciated the Season 5 look more.  Not because I like it (I don't!) but because the shaggy, messy look seems like outward evidence of how Sonny is burned out and unraveling on the inside.  He just can't get interested enough to try to look good.  Similarly I noticed the few occasions when he wears jeans, it's when he is deliberately being himself (Crockett) rather than his undercover persona, Burnett:  when he visits Caroline and Billy in To Have and To Hold, and when he takes time off in Bad Timing. So I take it as a part of the character development rather than simply as a fashion statement to appeal to viewers' taste or set a style (which I do think the early seasons tried to do).  As character development I can accept a look that doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 1

For myself I enjoy Sonny's long saggy season 4 and 5 look.  But for the clothes I love the look of season 2. Combine these two and I am a happy viewer. 

• Administrators

I like the late season 2 Sonny, like in "Payback".

d95774aafc.png

Kind of got that long back mullet thing going on, that's how my hair is at the moment. :)

• Like 5

Even though the hair of season 4 is similar to seasons 1 & 2, it's way over styled to me. Obviously Crockett got up an hour earlier that year just to fix his hair! The wardrobe was sloppy that year too. I don't mind the hair he had early in season 5 but don't care for it as it got longer. Didn't mesh with his wardrobe at all & made him look extremely burnt out. Maybe that was the point! Season 3 isn't bad but again I like a more laid back look. A little too polished in season 3 although I like some of the clothes. Hated those low cut shirts he wore that season!

I'm a season 1 of 2 guy. My favorite hairstyle is the short look from say "Cool Runnin" or "Home Invaders". I like the unstructured jackets he wore in season 2 a lot but anything from those seasons is fine to me. Just a casual look that doesn't look like he spent much time on it.

Season 1 and 2 are of course, the best in regards to both clothes and hairstyle. Clothing style didn't really change then so I'll go to the hair. Whether it's longer on top during the first 2 eps or roughly the same length but short at the back, or uniformly longer towards the end of season 2, Crockett looked great in every ep. of seasons 1 and 2.

Season 3. oh boy, what a change. Definitely not a fan of the shorter hair and the baggy clothes. They knew they screwed up cuz around the middle of season 3 they started to slowly bring the white blazers back (while Don's hair continued to grow) as well. Part of me does actually like Sonny's hair towards the end when it got a bit longer, but it's so...weird to see it so long in the back but short on the sides. Interesting for me cuz my cousin who was about 17-18 years old around that time (1987) sported the same hairstyle and large scoop neck t-shirt. The home videos are hilarious, he looks like a peacock lol. Anyway, towards the end of season 3 (and especially in the last episode), it looked like the old Sonny was back in both hair and clothing styles...

...aaaand it's gone. I don't know who they hired for the clothing designs for season 4 but I really can't stand Sonny's style in part 4. It's like they didn't know where to go with it. And I don't know if the budget was cut in season 4 (I believe so due to the fact that there are hardly any car chase sequences in 4 until some of the last episodes, and even then it looks like recycle footage from season 3. Guess they couldn't afford closing the streets down to film) but it looks like Sonny wears the same 6 or 7 outfits in 22 episodes. As for the hair, I DO like it early on, but then mid-way through the season they cut it short in the back but left the top and sides alone and it just doesn't work for me. Now, in the last episode when he styled it differently, THAT looked good. Even before the boat explosion, I liked Sonny's more slick-back look. As it stands, while I'm not a fan of longer hair in general (I've tried growing it out, but as a short man who's in good shape, I get mistaken for a woman sometimes) I could see myself trying the season 4 hair at some point.

I don't have much to say about season 5 in regards to hair and clothing style except I do actually like the "Terminator" leather biker jacket and cowboy boots with jeans and pastel shirt. Sonny's hair was ok around that time to, but it was too messy the majority of the season. The only positive thing I take away from it is that i understand this was the style in the late 80's (Patrick Swayze in "Road House", Kurt Russell in "Tango & Cash", Stallone in "Rambo 3", professional wrestler the Ultimate Warrior, etc...)

As for me, I stupidly cut my hair short a few months ago and I'm still waiting for it to grow back so I can start styling it like seasons 1 and 2 again. As of right now, I can slick it back so I'm *somewhat* there. As for clothes, I'll wear blazers, but I ain't wearing t-shirts with them lol. I sweat way too much and I ain't getting stains on the collar. I'm in the process of buying some long sleeve collared button-down shirts in pastel colors. But as for the bottom half, I have a pair of white dress pants that I bought when I did Sonny for halloween a few years ago, but I can't bring myself to wear most of the outfit together lol. And as for shoes, I also can't see myself wearing slip-on's with dress clothes lol. And you'd think living in Brooklyn (hipster central), I could get away with it, but for as much as hispters around here love 80's stuff, they just laugh at someone dressing like that. Funny, I see women everywhere wearing the shoulder-revealing sweaters, and even tube socks. Eh, whatever. I'll stick to my jeans that aren't too baggy or bright and dress shoes with my blazer and button-down shirts. So I guess you can say that I'll sport the upper half of the Sonny look. Sunglasses and all.

Today ... Season 3 hands down ... The short bolero jackets are back in fashion .. We'll versions of them anyway... So today right now I'm season 3 . But that's uk ... I'm off to south of France next week.. If I can get through Calais ???... Always amazing down there as white linin and pastel suits are everywhere !!!... Ok the styles change but the basic look is the normal .

To me the best SC look's been season 2 and 5.

I prefer Season 2 clothes over S1, and sunglasses too. Never liked Alpina and Carrera while I love Wayfarers. And clothes in S1 are not always great, just think about the short striped blazer on Little Prince, doubled with a horizontal striped t shirt... Silly.

As for S3, I don't think Don looks great with spike hair, and didn't like the short spencers etc. Persol are not bad, but he looks better with wayfarers.

Season 4 look is a bit.... hairdresser like. Too much styled, greasy, glossy hair and sometimes feminine t shirts and jackets. His head looks more the one of a woman, than the one of a cop...

In S5 I loved the very long hair and also the clothes. I do like ripped jeans and leather jackets (maybe the only MV items I wear today).

Anyway in Season 5 you can still see white blazers, some pastels and large trousers we all love.

After all, it used to be my look back then, when I had thicker and blonder hair: they were longer than in my 1992 avatar. Time flies, folks ;-)

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

To me the best SC look's been season 2 and 5.

I prefer Season 2 clothes over S1, and sunglasses too. Never liked Alpina and Carrera while I love Wayfarers. And clothes in S1 are not always great, just think about the short striped blazer on Little Prince, doubled with a horizontal striped t shirt... Silly.

As for S3, I don't think Don looks great with spike hair, and didn't like the short spencers etc. Persol are not bad, but he looks better with wayfarers.

Season 4 look is a bit.... hairdresser like. Too much styled, greasy, glossy hair and sometimes feminine t shirts and jackets. His head looks more the one of a woman, than the one of a cop...

In S5 I loved the very long hair and also the clothes. I do like ripped jeans and leather jackets (maybe the only MV items I wear today).

Anyway in Season 5 you can still see white blazers, some pastels and large trousers we all love.

After all, it used to be my look back then, when I had thicker and blonder hair: they were longer than in my 1992 avatar. Time flies, folks ;-)

Actually I go along to 99 % with your statement Jerry.

But I am pretty sure with me because of different ... how shall I name it... maybe emotions ?

Definitely - S2 and S5 are mine too.

Alpina and Carrera were just horrifying - not only on Sonny's nose - sorry, but to me, on all noses in world (my 2 cents) .

WAYFARERS - and ONLY Wayfarers !

S3 was a shock!

I remind the first appearance (then no media had warned us in Germany) with Sonny Crockett in S3 and the apple I just was

eating got stuck in my throat!

It was AWFUL - and I did not like it all the time then in my youth - meanwhile it calmed but it stays to me the worst haircut with all.

S4/S5 I only watched four years ago.

Sorry but Sonny carried too much weight in many eps with S4 - the shirts were like... silky sacs (probably just because of the gained weight?)

and damn yes the ask with Caitlin if SC wants to protect her with a FAN  :eek: ... was more than justified.

Okay... this damn stuck bite with the apple with S3 finally slipped down like an egg on a RIVER ;) with warm honey as Sonny's hair grow longer and longer and longer during S5 !

Just this mentioned mess - just this almost destroyed look - this full distraction by all what Sonny has shown in S1 to S3 was gone with it - a new type, a harder type - more rough and uncared type was born.

I know that this was not liked with the masses.

I liked it !

Woman are made to love those rather 'wild' guys.

I do not know one woman in my row of friends who has not said at least for one time:

*I want to stuck my fingers in this mane and let it run slowly through my fingers !*   :D  :D 

It is a simple fact - female eyes have different points what they want to find in Sonny Crockett!

I am not to shy or cowardly to tell that sure and okay... he was a great cop but in the summary he was a hell of a good looking beautiful man and the reason I then was hooked and now I am still as catched with MV.

Ripped jeans and leather jacket are a kind of a cloth - just as timeless like a tux.

Perfect with all comforable moments, locations, seasons of a year - then and now and forever !

Jerry, and now to the missing 1 % ;) - the only I can't follow is:

Damn ! I loved the Little Prince 'sailor outfit'.

It was cute!

To discover the little boy in a man... we woman love too !!  :)

If I do not fail it is just this... little boy look... what comes up to you as terribly.