What's the best Crockett look?

Detective_Crockett

Seasons 1 and 2 are the best for sure, but I can’t completely discard all season 3 looks. 

Take for instance the scene in with Crockett, Tubbs, Gina, and Trudy at the cafe when the barrister brings Crockett the phone at the table. One of my favorite Crockett costumes of the whole series!

This is also a great look from Theresa:

1DD649DF-F1E5-4EAA-A803-8740618A8B14.jpeg

• Like 2

I love the clothes from seasons 1/2 but I REALLY like the long hairs in season 4 ... 

In fact, Crockett is UberCool in every seasons ... yes, even in season 5 :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Seasons 1 and 2 are the best for sure, but I can’t completely discard all season 3 looks. 

Take for instance the scene in with Crockett, Tubbs, Gina, and Trudy at the cafe when the barrister brings Crockett the phone at the table. One of my favorite Crockett costumes of the whole series!

This is also a great look from Theresa:

1DD649DF-F1E5-4EAA-A803-8740618A8B14.jpeg

His clothes in season 3 were OK but who's idea was to cut his hair like that?

I never understood why they styled his hair spiky. If they thought it was too long maybe get it back to the season 1 look.

• Like 1

I think they were going for something very (1986) current rather than the timeless classic season 1 look. Although inferior to the previous looks, it instantly identifies the season. 

• Like 2

My number one Crockett look/outfit is from the 2nd Season "OWTBDR" blue buttoned down shirt along with the white blazer (recent post in gallery) and the second favorite is ironically also a buttondown/bare chested shirt :) from "Bought and Paid For," when Crockett and Gina argue. As a third choice would possibly be "Calderone's Return pt 2" all in white jacket, shirt and pants at the festival. 

DJ wore the S2 blue shirt in his "Heartbeat" music documentary combined with the S3 spiky hair cut. Looked like an odd combination. 

https://youtu.be/r-Y3yotKsRw At 2:15

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

I can't possibly name just one, so I'll list five:

1. Golden Triangle Part 1 with the gray space-dye blazer, pink henley and white pants/shoes
  2. Brother's Keeper with the classic all white + aqua t-shirt
  3. The Prodigal Son with the lavender pants, black t-shirt, white shoes and jacket (I would mention Milk Run and Whatever Works but those are essentially the same outfit with different-colored pants
  4. Smuggler's Blues, the classic combo of blue jacket, peach henley and white shoes and pants
  5. Definitely Miami with the white blazer, mint-green henley shirt and lavender pants/white shoes

There were countless other great style moments, most of which occurred in season 1 and 2. As most of you probably know, I'm with the first two seasons when it comes to style.

His best wardrobe was in season 2 but DJ himself, he looked best in season 5. I love the long hair, maybe it's because I have it? 

Second best wardrobe goes to season 4 because hot damn, some of those jackets were awesome like the zebra-looking one (my favorite in the series, seen in Amen...Send Money and Honor Among Thieves?) However, some of the clothes were baggy or strange (like an athletic shirt he wears in the former episode.) The jeans in S5 were a nice update to the look. I like every season's look Crockett-wise.

Tubbs? Season 2 followed by 4. I hated the beard initially but like the S3 DJ haircut, it grew on me. I love S4's suits, he looked pretty sharp. Must've sweat like hell in Miami though. Season 5 was weird but some of it worked...Freefall was the most normal he looked the entire season.

Here are some of my favorite Crockett outfits. Excuse the dots on one of them, it was a member on here pointing out the color palette. If anyone could help me find a jacket like the zebra one, please do! 

a9fa34f735b48c56b0cbb1931c987dfb.jpg

Milk-Run-miami-vice-27974344-800-600.jpg

29c020caa03d14c46fc5f72feaeaaa0c.png

rs-224840-TCDMIVI_EC014_H.jpg

Edited by Rattlehead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattlehead said:

His best wardrobe was in season 2 but DJ himself, he looked best in season 5. I love the long hair, maybe it's because I have it? 

Second best wardrobe goes to season 4 because hot damn, some of those jackets were awesome like the zebra-looking one (my favorite in the series, seen in Amen...Send Money and Honor Among Thieves?) However, some of the clothes were baggy or strange (like an athletic shirt he wears in the former episode.) The jeans in S5 were a nice update to the look. I like every season's look Crockett-wise.

Tubbs? Season 2 followed by 4. I hated the beard initially but like the S3 DJ haircut, it grew on me. I love S4's suits, he looked pretty sharp. Must've sweat like hell in Miami though. Season 5 was weird but some of it worked...Freefall was the most normal he looked the entire season.

Here are some of my favorite Crockett outfits. Excuse the dots on one of them, it was a member on here pointing out the color palette. If anyone could help me find a jacket like the zebra one, please do! 

a9fa34f735b48c56b0cbb1931c987dfb.jpg

Milk-Run-miami-vice-27974344-800-600.jpg

29c020caa03d14c46fc5f72feaeaaa0c.png

rs-224840-TCDMIVI_EC014_H.jpg

As you know, I agree on most of this, but I respectfully disagree on the season 3 hair, season 5 hair and jeans. Personally, switching from linen to denim is just too staunch of a personality change and functionally would kill in the tropical heat (as well as leather, oh my God). However, that was kind of the way popular culture was headed in that era, the late '80s.

You probably know this too, but apparently Don initially wanted Crockett to have more of a cowboy look, like denim, cowboy boots and... V-necks? (WTF?) Honestly, I think without the innovative clothing styles that the first season introduced, it wouldn't have made it one foot off the ground.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

His clothes in season 3 were OK but who's idea was to cut his hair like that?

I never understood why they styled his hair spiky. If they thought it was too long maybe get it back to the season 1 look.

For my taste, his hair is the best in Season 3. He looks neat instead of unkempt. That's the way I try to get my hair cut. 

I don't think I can live with a pony tail. :D

• Haha 1

The S3 haircut looks great on you, @Tony D. :tasse_prost:

There are some times in early season 3 where his hair is WAY too short though. There are some scenes in Killshot (I think?) where it looks noticeably shorter than other shots in that episode. I realize they don’t film the scenes in chronological order of the final product, but they should have at least tried not to cut his hair during an episode. :wuerg:

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

There are some times in early season 3 where his hair is WAY too short though. There are some scenes in Killshot (I think?) where it looks noticeably shorter than other shots in that episode. I realize they don’t film the scenes in chronological order of the final product, but they should have at least tried not to cut his hair during an episode. :wuerg:

No disrespect, but I never really liked the season 3 hairstyle. The season 1 and 2 hairstyles are the most classic and timeless in my opinion. I have that hairstyle, but I must admit it is VERY high-maintenance.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

No disrespect, but I never really liked the season 3 hairstyle. The season 1 and 2 hairstyles are the most classic and timeless in my opinion. I have that hairstyle, but I must admit it is VERY high-maintenance.

Don didn't suit that hairstyle, the stylist knew he/she made a mistake because he started growing his hair again for season 4, which was similar to back end of season 2.

In my opinion there were way too many changes made in season 3.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Don didn't suit that hairstyle, the stylist knew he/she made a mistake because he started growing his hair again for season 4, which as similar to back end of season 2.

In my opinion there were way too many changes made in season 3.

I'm with you on that. By trying to stay "current", they put Miami Vice in cultural irrelevancy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

I'm with you on that. By trying to stay "current", they put Miami Vice in cultural irrelevancy.

When some say his new style was to stay current, why did he go back to his season 2 hairstyle in 4. 

20 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Thank you for the compliment, Dadrian.  Hair styles are a very personal thing. At one time I grew my hair down to my shoulders and it looked messy & was a pain to take care of.  Whenever I got a crew cut for the summer it made my nose look longer, so I scrapped that!  The Season 3 Crockett hair style is neat, easy to comb & doesn't scare the people away when I play my gigs. ;)

8 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

When some say his new style was to stay current, why did he go back to his season 2 hairstyle in 4. 

Maybe because it wasn’t well-received. Those who liked it seem to be in the minority. 

20 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Thank you for the compliment, Dadrian.  Hair styles are a very personal thing. At one time I grew my hair down to my shoulders and it looked messy & was a pain to take care of.  Whenever I got a crew cut for the summer it made my nose look longer, so I scrapped that!  The Season 3 Crockett hair style is neat, easy to comb & doesn't scare the people away when I play my gigs. ;)

You’re welcome! You’re fortunate to still have all that hair! 

Wardrope wise I think seasons 1 and 2,  nothing after that comes close.

Hair wise my 2 cents go to season 2, with 1 and 3 coming close.

Stubble/lack of: I'd say the best balance is found already in S1

Best car: S3 onwards and best handgun up to S2.

Also I liked my Crockett with a Lucky Strike somewhere in the picture

-J

Speaking of hair, mine was looking ON POINT yesterday, so I had to take a photo with a good view. Probably the closest I've gotten to the Crockett season 1 hairstyle:

Me_24_50.jpg

Edited by pmconroy
I added a filter because the photo looked bland, especially with the awful eggshell paint color in my hallway.
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Indeed, @pmconroy. Excellent photo, too. Maybe your new avatar? :D 

I briefly considered that, but it looks too similar to the angle your avatar is at. Lol

1 minute ago, pmconroy said:

I briefly considered that, but it looks too similar to the angle your avatar is at. Lol

I will change mine! Yours is way better!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I will change mine! Yours is way better!

Thanks pal! I'll have to get my friend to do some  Photoshop editing. The background color is just atrocious. How many years did you have that photo? :D

2 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Thanks pal! I'll have to get my friend to do some  Photoshop editing. The background color is just atrocious. How many years did you have that photo? :D

5 maybe.

Okay. Just lemme know when yours is done and I’ll change mine back again if you still think they look too much alike. It’s no big deal to me, really. 

53 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

5 maybe.

Okay. Just lemme know when yours is done and I’ll change mine back again if you still think they look too much alike. It’s no big deal to me, really. 

Oh, it's not a big deal at all. Just a thing I considered

• Like 1