Star Trek Trivia

timm525

• Administrators
Sorry D' date=' I'm a Star Trek kinda guy![/quote']So am I.OK, Mr. Smarty Pants, :D , what is the name of the storm that the Enterprise was caught up in in which Lt. Commander Finney's pod was jettisoned?And for 5 bonus points, what was his "official" position (not rank) aboard the Enterprise?

• Administrators

It's been a while but...I think it was an ion storm and I believe Ben Finney's rank was a Lt. Commander

• Administrators

Yes it was an ion storm, force 7, the works. And he was a Lt. Commander as indicated in my post above. :pWhat I was asking is what "job" did he do on the Enterprise? There was a specific position he was "titled" with, not talking about rank.

• Administrators

I actually missed you writing Lt. Commander. I could hear the lawyer in my head saying "I propose to you that Lt. Commander Ben Finney is not dead!"Don't remember his exact job but I know he was passed over for promotion or something which he blamed Kirk for.

• Administrators

He was the "records officer" on board the Enterprise.He was at the academy for an unusually long period of time which didn't help his career and then when they were both Ensigns serving together on another ship, Kirk relieved him of duty on shift and Kirk found a circuit that was open instead of closed which would have blown up the ship. Kirk closed it and logged it. As a result, Finney was sent the bottom of the promotion list for which he blamed Kirk.

• Administrators

Correct!Trivia aside did you know that nurse Chapel (Majel Barret) passed away a few days ago?

• Administrators

Ok, as a tribute to her let's turn it into a trivia question.Aside from her role as nurse Chapel and Troi's mother on "The Next Generation" what else is she famous for in the Star Trek universe?

• Administrators
Ok' date=' as a tribute to her let's turn it into a trivia question.Aside from her role as nurse Chapel and Troi's mother on "The Next Generation" what else is she famous for in the Star Trek universe?[/quote']...and what other part did she play on the original series???

• Administrators
Ok' date=' as a tribute to her let's turn it into a trivia question.Aside from her role as nurse Chapel and Troi's mother on "The Next Generation" what else is she famous for in the Star Trek universe?[/quote']...and what other part did she play on the original series???