"Honor Among Theives"...discuss

Rob3121

I hardly hear anyone on here talk about the S4 episode "Honor Among Theives" It's actually my fave ever MV episode (tied with the golden triangle) I know it's dark & gritty and the subject matter is a little hard to stomach (in the 80's issues such as child killers etc were rarely fictionalized) but I think HAT it's a great ep, full of tension drama and suspense.What do you guys think?

I hardly hear anyone on here talk about the S4 episode "Honor Among Theives" It's actually my fave ever MV episode (tied with the golden triangle) I know it's dark & gritty and the subject matter is a little hard to stomach (in the 80's issues such as child killers etc were rarely fictionalized) but I think HAT it's a great ep' date=' full of tension drama and suspense.What do you guys think?[/quote']No poor - didnt like this at all - the villain was dreadful :D

It's an episode which I remember from the first TV viewing in the 80s. It makes me uncomfortable watching it yet it wouldn't be one I'd pass over to get onto the next episode if I were going through the season 4 dvd. I absolutely love the song Rag Doll but I'm a big Aerosmith fan :) Because it is the one I always remember from the 80s, I love "No Exit" - plus points are that there was a lot of art deco in it and also a young Bruce Willis ;-) I think the way they dealt with the abuse subplot is brilliant. Rob, I think everyone has their own fave eps & some like Evan or Brothers Keeper seem to be the top choice for a lot of people. We all love different eps for different reasons and it is great to be here where we are all agreed we love the series!

I completly understand that other peeps have their own faves, it's just that I noticed a lot of people didn't like this one that's all. But it's all good, peeps like different episodes, like you said, as long is everyone is a Vice fan essentialy its all cool :)

I was enjoying the episode up until that ridiculous trail at the end. It could have worked if it had been scripted, directed and acting much much better. Also the pervert falling ontop of the other bad guy was just a farce. Kind of summed up season 4. DOn't think I'll ever rewatch a single epsiode fom that season.

Kind of summed up season 4. DOn't think I'll ever rewatch a single epsiode fom that season.

It's my least favourite season too - there was the absurd "Missing Hours" and the dreadful plots about Sonny and Caitlin (married to a high profile pop singer and he still wasn't outed as an undercover vice cop!) and the terrible wooden acting by Sheena Easton. There are more "pass over" episodes in this season for me whilst in S1 & S2 there are none. At least S5 got better just before the axe.

I was enjoying the episode up until that ridiculous trail at the end. It could have worked if it had been scripted' date=' directed and acting much much better.[/quote']I liked the trial at the end. The part where Sonny is explaining the mindset and says "You don't want to but you must, you don't want to but you MUST!" Is great

I was enjoying the episode up until that ridiculous trail at the end. It could have worked if it had been scripted' date=' directed and acting much much better. Also the pervert falling ontop of the other bad guy was just a farce. Kind of summed up season 4. DOn't think I'll ever rewatch a single epsiode fom that season.[/quote']The trail was a farce - badly done amazing to think the director who directed this episode did the stylish "Nobody Lives Forever" and "Out where the Buses .." - Jim Johnstone:D

It's been mentioned before, but the whole "child killer put on trial by fellow criminals" plot is taken right from Fritz Lang's 1931 film "M", and "M" did it much, much better. A dark and disturbing episode, but simply put, not a favorite. I don't mind it when MV gets particularly dark (indeed, a lot of the more downbeat eps make up some of my very favorites), but this one's a bit too out there, although it's still miles better than "Missing Hours"."Too Much, Too Late" is another one that's pretty hard to take due to the somewhat related subject matter; It's a better ep, but still not one I care to revisit often.

This is definitely one of my favorites from Season 4. The only episodes I would rate higher than this one from S4 are Death and the Lady, Love at First Sight, Deliver Us From Evil, and Mirror Image (top 5 MV episode). I can't explain exactly why I like this episode that much. The creepiness of Delgado definitely makes this episode great but also Palmo's house is quite exquisite. I like the whole coloring inside the house with the blue. The Rico-Cyrus rivalry is also a cool element. The Billy Idol song during the fair is top notch MV. Perfect song match and also adds a creepy theme to Delgado and his head hunting. The trial is a little far fetched but it still didn't ruin the episode for me at all. I am currently watching Season 4 right now and although it is definitely the least favorite among fans, I am starting to enjoy it more as a whole. Yes, Missing Hours and the Cows of October are absolutely detestable, but everything else I can tolerate. Even though S4 has some series lows, the best episodes for me are defintely some of the best in the series.