Miami Vice discussion with scout - Nov 2012

CarolineUK

Hi allFor anyone who is in the Miami area in November, the Miami Preservation League are holding a talk on Miami Vice with one of the location scouts. Details below & I am sooooo gutted that I can't be there!LECTURE: Miami ViceNovember 8, 2012“Miami Vice†– How Crime and Corruption Shaped Miami Beach 7:00 PM, Art Deco Welcome Center – 1001 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach Maria Kittyle Chavez, Location Manager for Scout and Miami Vice Maria’s career began on the TV series “Miami Vice†in 1984 working as a Location Assistant for the Visual Consultant, Gusmano Cesaretti, and soon she became the Scout and then Location Manager for Miami Vice. Maria will discuss her time with Miami Vice and how Miami Beach’s crime and corruption influenced the hit TV show. She will discuss how Miami Vice helped make Miami Beach and the Art Deco buildings famous.

Hi allFor anyone who is in the Miami area in November' date=' the Miami Preservation League are holding a talk on Miami Vice with one of the location scouts. Details below & I am sooooo gutted that I can't be there!LECTURE: Miami ViceNovember 8, 2012“Miami Vice†– How Crime and Corruption Shaped Miami Beach 7:00 PM, Art Deco Welcome Center – 1001 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach Maria Kittyle Chavez, Location Manager for Scout and Miami Vice Maria’s career began on the TV series “Miami Vice†in 1984 working as a Location Assistant for the Visual Consultant, Gusmano Cesaretti, and soon she became the Scout and then Location Manager for Miami Vice. Maria will discuss her time with Miami Vice and how Miami Beach’s crime and corruption influenced the hit TV show. She will discuss how Miami Vice helped make Miami Beach and the Art Deco buildings famous.[/quote']Wow - interesting hope Jeremy hears about this :thumbsup::D

Wow - interesting hope Jeremy hears about this :thumbsup::D

Matt5, earlier tonight I sent him a PM to let him know. It sounds great, doesn't it? If I win the lottery I'll be there :)

I sure hope some MV fans are able to attend :thumbsup:

For sure. The Miami Preservation League also have a talk about the cocaine cowboys this autumn, so their site is worth a look.When I went on one of their walking tours around south Beach a few years ago (as I am an Art Deco fanatic), the guide was very informative so I imagine their evenings will be very well organised too.