Rolling Stone Magazine College Special: March 28th, 1985

Rob

I recently found this issue of Rolling Stone Magazine and thought it had a great picture and article. I haven't seen any on here yet but I apologize in advance if this has already been shared. :) If anyone would like the full article, just let me know and I can upload it later!Hope you guys enjoy it![ATTACH=CONFIG]6583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6584[/ATTACH]

I recently found this issue of Rolling Stone Magazine and thought it had a great picture and article. I haven't seen any on here yet but I apologize in advance if this has already been shared. :) If anyone would like the full article" data-date=" just let me know and I can upload it later!Hope you guys enjoy it![ATTACH=CONFIG">

6583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6584[/ATTACH]

WOW !BE SURE!I would really like to see and READ the full article!!I also can't find it here - so at least we both are sitting in the same boat.May I ask you politely to scan and then edit the scanned pics into an *email and websize* so it is easily to read?That would be very nice !!!

Hey! My scanner wasn't large enough to scan the full page (Rolling Stone's large page format), so I scanned the pages in pieces and put them back together in Photoshop. I did it pretty fast so I apologize for the pages being a bit wobbly looking but at least the font is clear. :p Hope they're easy for you to read and enjoy!

post-11234-13892964755447_thumb.jpg

post-11234-13892964757473_thumb.jpg

post-11234-13892964759491_thumb.jpg

post-11234-13892964761339_thumb.jpg

post-11234-13892964762824_thumb.jpg

Rob, this is really nice of you to scan for MV fans :cool:I have this magazine somewhere. I am enjoying reading it after so many years :D

It was no problem at all...just thought it would be a nice share! I'm glad you're getting a kick out of it too-I know I was really excited to read it when I found it! :)

Thanks for posting. I have this issue but it's somewhere in my garage (in a box with other precious items). It's great to re-read some of it. I didn't realize that the writers offices were in L.A. (presumably on the Universal lot).That must have been a bitch when there were re-writes. Imagine writing a script and the network gives it the 'okay.' Production starts and there needs to be some re-writes. But the production day (on Mondays, anyways), starts at 7am. Maybe 8am, if everyone's lucky.So that makes it 4am or 5am in L.A. Most writers offices don't start cranking until about 10am, 9am at the earliest.This means that if they're having a problem with a scene, or Noogie acts up and gets kicked off the set, there has to be a re-write. What the hell happened if there had to be a re-write at 7am California time and everyone's still in bed.Then, imagine this being before the internet so you can forget new pages being emailed. They'd have to be faxed or overnighted. I presume they were faxed to the Miami production office, copies were made and then distributed to the set. Remarkable pain in the arse.No wonder Jan Hammer walked away after the third season. He was probably on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

:happy: OH - THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!! :D:D:D:DBelieve me!! I HAVE ENJOYED!!! :done: :balloon:This article is the only *Rolling Stone*-article which was still missing to me!It is for one time more a very very interesting read!These RS articles stay with me as one of the most informative portals at that time.Once again *a great hug* for you to do all this work for us !!!I really appreciate your effort !!!!!:thumbsup::clap:

Thanks very much for scanning this article, rob. :thumbsup:This article was an AWESOME read!!! :DIt's surely one of the best MV articles, I've come across! :clap::clap::clap:It gave a good insight into the behind the scenes production and the relationship dynamics between the cast. Love the pics too. :happy:

Thanks for posting. I have this issue but it's somewhere in my garage (in a box with other precious items). It's great to re-read some of it. I didn't realize that the writers offices were in L.A. (presumably on the Universal lot).That must have been a bitch when there were re-writes. Imagine writing a script and the network gives it the 'okay.' Production starts and there needs to be some re-writes. But the production day (on Mondays' date=' anyways), starts at 7am. Maybe 8am, if everyone's lucky.So that makes it 4am or 5am in L.A. Most writers offices don't start cranking until about 10am, 9am at the earliest.This means that if they're having a problem with a scene, or Noogie acts up and gets kicked off the set, there has to be a re-write. What the hell happened if there had to be a re-write at 7am California time and everyone's still in bed.Then, imagine this being before the internet so you can forget new pages being emailed. They'd have to be faxed or overnighted. I presume they were faxed to the Miami production office, copies were made and then distributed to the set. Remarkable pain in the arse.No wonder Jan Hammer walked away after the third season. He was probably on the verge of a nervous breakdown.[/quote']Couldn't have said it better myself, CharlieGlide! Makes me wonder if you worked on MV in the 80s but are just being modest about it. :p You speak with the authority of someone who was really there.I think sometimes we forget the limitations of living in an older time ... no Internet in the 1980s meant it took a lot of work to get things done that we take for granted today. At least they actually filmed the show in Miami; these days, L.A. would double for the city.

Thanks CG, really good read, at the end it says they're going to Puerto Rico, geography not being one of my strengths, which ep was filmed there or we're there several?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...