FOUND! PILOT EPISODE JACKET/ SHIRT!

COOPER&BURNETT

trademark of MV! I think the most watched episode to me is Brothers Keepers.And that shirt is so FIXED in my mind like the opening credits of MV and the music of the opening credits itself.If I am doing my job (LOL" data-date=" or my life ;)) and my mind needs a bit rest, my thoughts are quickly on their way to MV.and...THAT shirt is then surely included !!Like Crocketts">

CharlieGlide for his GREAT and so damn true words about our forum and the quote :THAT is simply the truth!And I am happy we all have such an easy way to take again and again this short needed trip into VICE LAND!And you Coop....You are opening us the door to it !!! THANKS FOR THAT !!!Hmmmm....BTW....I am working on....to come our enviable DJAngel closer and closer.OH - I will miss forever all these personal meetings she could have with Mr. Johnson himself -LOL - but believe me....I DO MY VERY BEST !!!!! :):p :p

Such a beautifully composed, and written letter! Wow!I agree, I think this shirt is a MIAMI VICE trademark. I can't think of any other piece of clothes from vice that would be more classic, other than the opening scene with his white suit and blue shirt, but.....most white suits, jackets, and pants kind of look alike....this is VERY distinctive. Only seen in one episode, where most of the clothes showed up in different episodes, that also makes it a rarity.I had to wear the BERNAY'S CAFE shirt with the Vice shirt for two reasons. 1. both t-shirts are black under the Vice shirt, and, 2. The Vice shirt was worn during the BERNAY'S CAFE scene!! I always really, REALLY look forward to your kind replies bluepearl. They are soooo fun to read! I read them over, and over again.THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!Eingefügtes Bild

This is exactly why I come to this site. To see stuff like C&B's shirt after days like today. Let me explain...I left this morning to take my wife for her bi-weekly chemo treatment. Went to the hospital to get it done and there's a problem with the port where the nurses 'infuse' the chemo and a drug called avastin. All of them are ass kickers. So' date=' we have to get her x-ray'd to see if the port is threatening her health. It looks like it's okay but we have to back again to have it checked. This means her next trip back to the hospital in two weeks will include four appointments in one day.And this is before the treatment even begins. So we're behind a couple hours by now and the treatment takes about four hours. I'm looking at driving her home during rush hour L.A. traffic and it's our first real heat wave of the summer. I mean, you can feel the traffic grinding on your teeth before you even leave the parking lot. Long story short, I got home after about a 10 hour day at the hospital. Gave my wife her meds and some food and she went to bed. I just put on the episode "Honor Among Thieves" and am mentally checking out...it's 'my' time. And of course, I go to this site, and here's C&B's shirt. The same one used in what I think is the best moment of television ever: the scene from the pilot where Crockett and Tubbs are driving to "In the Air Tonight."And for a moment, my problems don't exist. I am in Vice Land. Transported to not just where I want to be, but where I NEED to be.Alot to dump on you good people, but, to paraphrase Lt. Todo, this shirt of Crockett? Well, in English, it means everything.[/quote']Thanks for your post, CharlieGlide. Always love reading them.What you say about this site and Miami Vice is so true, for myself also.:clap::thumbsup:Vice land is the best. Problems fade for a few hours, anyway. Also takes me back to a better time, for me anyway.:cool:Prays and thoughts are with you and your wife.

An iconic piece, COOP.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Not much more I can say. It may be repetitious, but thanks again for sharing another piece of Vice history.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

And for a moment' date=' my problems don't exist. I am in Vice Land. Transported to not just where I want to be, but where I NEED to be.[/quote']Not to take away from your situation, but I've been doing this as well for the past year on Friday nights. My fiance' is currently "away" and will be for another year and a half. It's been real hard getting through some stuff, but when this is over, we'll be together and can pick up our life together where we left off... So yeah, I would agree that seeing coop's latest aquisition and his ever-growing collection does make things seem not so bad...

FOUND! AT LONG LAST!! Here's Crockett's shirt / jacket he wore in the Pilot episode of MIAMI VICE! I started thinking I would never locate it (in the back of my mind' date=' I knew I would someday).It's actually a shirt, but Crockett wore it like a jacket. This is one of the very few times Crockett ever did this. He was seen doing it again in GIVE A LITTLE, TAKE A LITTLE, at the end of the episode when he hugs Gina after she kills the Master Pimp, Ramirez. This BROTHERS KEEPER / Pilot episode shirt was only seen in this episode, and never appeared again in any other MIAMI VICE episodes. This is a rare one![/size']This is one of the earliest known examples of clothing the chracter Sonny Crockett ever wore.
Holly cow, so you ment this ONE, I thought you ment the salmon colored one he wore at the beach with tubbs mixed in with the light blue undershirt that he wore in out where the busses dont run with a black T under it.kind of funny actually I started doing the same thing with an old beaten up button up shirt too with a T under it about a month ago. looks more like the thing Hickok45 wears in his vids over a white T shirt though not the Crockett pilot shirt sadly because of the oversized two front pockets that give it a more utlitarian look. although oddly its suede and like in the same shade of blue as Vercettis Soiree outfit so I reckon its atleast half vice lol.anyways back ontopic I guess this explains why I initially thought it was in a sort of purplish blue tint when I first saw the pilot, I thought I was going nuts but it was in that shade after all lol
Not to take away from your situation' date=' but I've been doing this as well for the past year on Friday nights. My fiance' is currently "away" and will be for another year and a half. It's been real hard getting through some stuff, but when this is over, we'll be together and can pick up our life together where we left off... So yeah, I would agree that seeing coop's latest aquisition and his ever-growing collection does make things seem not so bad...[/quote']Escapism at its finest really, its what all keeps us going at the worst of times and thus all the more important that we set aside time for it and never give up no matter how bad things get.and I've found that its always the best to focus on the good things and usually because of that things will get better no matter what anyone tells you, after all life is all about how you perceve things in it.

Wow I am speechless.I really really love that shirt.Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Thank you for sharing.And I feel just the same as CharlieGlide and mvnyc.I am so happy you share your collections with us. It really brightens up my day when I am having a bad time after everything that happend. I really appriciate it!Thanks!

Maybe I am a little late for the bandwagon but it is :balloon: for this item Cooper.So very,very :cool:from a historic episode of Vice.Wrong word were not that old but a mega thing anyway to all of us at least.You know I always thought it was a small jacket not a shirt don't ask me why just the look of it.But Cooper you really hit this ball out of park with this one.Now when I watch the pilot and the other episodes and see this shirt I will know that someone is really wearing it.I can't forget when there racing to get Calderone at the end of the pilot in the beloved Daytona :glossy:,Wow I will say.A fantastic surprise Cooper and so great for you to share with all of us die hard fans of Vice with this great item :thumbsup::happy:;) and pretty :hot: in my opinion too.

That site can get snobby when it comes to allowing links' date=' so that may be the problem. I did notice that someone in the comments section wrote something like "Sonny Burnett lives."[/quote']Yeah, I saw that! :):clap:

That is SUPER find Coop' date='I'm very glad for you and that is such a good feeling to see the shirt from Pilot episode in such a closeup:thumbsup:as always Coop your are the greatest Vice collector in the world with your unique,rare and so AWESOME Vice items:clap:[/quote']I think it's great to see this shirt up close and personal. I tried to take shots of it to show it off properly. I figured that members here would like to see what it really looks like up close, and to see the details, such as buttons, and a chest pocket! It's fun when you learn something new about something you saw on a hit TV show for many years, ....and now have the real inside details of what it really is like!

Pal, I'm honored to share with you guys. That's why I'm here. To help make your enjoyment of MIAMI VICE even more fun, and to keep coming back to this site! :thumbsup:

So yeah' date=' I would agree that seeing coop's latest aquisition and his ever-growing collection does make things seem not so bad...[/quote']Every little fun thing helps. Hang in there buddy. I'm glad I could help take your mind off of things for a little while. :thumbsup:

Holly cow' date=' so you ment this ONE, I thought you ment the salmon colored one he wore at the beach with tubbs mixed in with the light blue undershirt that he wore in out where the busses dont run with a black T under it.kind of funny actually I started doing the same thing with an old beaten up button up shirt too with a T under it about a month ago. looks more like the thing Hickok45 wears in his vids over a white T shirt though not the Crockett pilot shirt sadly because of the oversized two front pockets that give it a more utlitarian look. although oddly its suede and like in the same shade of blue as Vercettis Soiree outfit so I reckon its atleast half vice lol.anyways back ontopic I guess this explains why I initially thought it was in a sort of purplish blue tint when I first saw the pilot, I thought I was going nuts but it was in that shade after all lolEscapism at its finest really, its what all keeps us going at the worst of times and thus all the more important that we set aside time for it and never give up no matter how bad things get.and I've found that its always the best to focus on the good things and usually because of that things will get better no matter what anyone tells you, after all life is all about how you perceve things in it.[/quote']"Escapism". Boy, you hit the nail square on the head with that one Kavinsky! :clap:Now I just need to borrow someone's Ferrari Daytona replica so I can reenact the IN THE AIR TONIGHT scene! :thumbsup:

Wow I am speechless.I really really love that shirt.Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Thank you for sharing.And I feel just the same as CharlieGlide and mvnyc.I am so happy you share your collections with us. It really brightens up my day when I am having a bad time after everything that happend. I really appriciate it!Thanks!

I'm so glad I could brighten your day' date=' even if it's just for a fleeting moment. All I want to do is make members happy, and share my love of MIAMI VICE with other fantastic fans, such as yourself 2morgen. Very happy you like it! I still think about you my friend, and your situation. I have not forgotten.All the best,-COOP [/size']

Maybe I am a little late for the bandwagon but it is :balloon: for this item Cooper.So very' date='very :cool:from a historic episode of Vice.Wrong word were not that old but a mega thing anyway to all of us at least.You know I always thought it was a small jacket not a shirt don't ask me why just the look of it.But Cooper you really hit this ball out of park with this one.Now when I watch the pilot and the other episodes and see this shirt I will know that someone is really wearing it.I can't forget when there racing to get Calderone at the end of the pilot in the beloved Daytona :glossy:,Wow I will say.A fantastic surprise Cooper and so great for you to share with all of us die hard fans of Vice with this great item :thumbsup::happy:;) and pretty :hot: in my opinion too.[/quote']You can imagine how thrilled I was when I had the opportunity to obtain this?? WOW! I couldn't sleep I wanted it so bad. Now that all is said and done, and I have it, I'm a really, really happy guy! I was just dying to share it with you, and everyone! That's the first thing I think when I get an item like this. "The VICEONLINE members are going to LOVE this!!" I just can't wait to post it!I'm so very happy it was the hit I knew it was with members. All these kind words inspire me to locate more, and more items in which to share!I love this website, and all of it's members! :thumbsup:Let's face it... WE ROCK!!

Congratulations Coop, I'm happy for you sir :p Do you have the pink looking jacket that Crockett wore in the when he gets into Leon's car? and the beach scene, you obviousley know which one I'm on about :p [ATTACH=CONFIG]6619[/ATTACH]

post-11023-13892964771943_thumb.jpg

lol indeed, I'm certain that either Sonny, Jurrasic, brian or probably even camera wouldnt mind lol, The Daytona returns to Miami: 2012!but I've been thinking personally I should start to save up to get out of my state instead of aquiring one first (I dont even have a clean garage to store it in away from the winters and I KNOW I have mice in mine!) as the more I think about it this state is anti everything I like it seems and is getting that way more and more.plus well I'm about to drop 500 on a new computer, my old one died yesterday like an hour after seeing this thread (atleast it had a hell of a final act huh?!) but thankfully the harddrive is intact, as I'm talking to you on a friends computer.

• Administrators

Once again Coop comes through! The items you find always manage to (as Sonny would say) keep the natives restless! It's also cool to see these things actually being worn where we get to see the finer details such as that cool hidden pocket! Now, if the model only had a head! ;)Very cool! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

wow coop i am verry awe-inspiring:eek: of the jacket:thumbsup::cool:, you are always.for a surprise :clap: the jacket is cool my friend , I envy your for the jackett . that changes nowt on ouer friendship my friend

:thumbsup::cool:

lol indeed' date=' I'm certain that either Sonny, Jurrasic, brian or probably even camera wouldnt mind lol, The Daytona returns to Miami: 2012!but I've been thinking personally I should start to save up to get out of my state instead of aquiring one first (I dont even have a clean garage to store it in away from the winters and I KNOW I have mice in mine!) as the more I think about it this state is anti everything I like it seems and is getting that way more and more.plus well I'm about to drop 500 on a new computer, my old one died yesterday like an hour after seeing this thread (atleast it had a hell of a final act huh?!) but thankfully the harddrive is intact, as I'm talking to you on a friends computer.[/quote']Just don't move to California Pal. It's the most expensive State in the Union in which to Live. We pay more for Gas, Taxes then anyone else. Also, the nutjob Mayor (Governor Jerry (moonbeam) Brown) is asking the State voters to vote "yes" on RAISING our taxes to pay the State out of debt! (The Bush tax cuts end, and the Health Care law (which was ruled a tax) will soon come into effect, making it the highest single Government tax increase in the World.) Don't move to California!(I went on a long rant, but deleted all but the above. I just had to get it off my chest, and this is not the thread for that)I too want a Daytona, but I don't need any more cars now. Four is enough for me at the moment, but I'll get one someday.Hope you get a new computer, and hope all goes well Kavinsky! :thumbsup:

Once again Coop comes through! The items you find always manage to (as Sonny would say) keep the natives restless! It's also cool to see these things actually being worn where we get to see the finer details such as that cool hidden pocket! Now' date=' if the model only had a head! ;)Very cool! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:[/quote']O.k., I will! :thumbsup:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iK-oUDyrM :thumbsup::cool:

Your so cool my friend!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Thanks for such kind words.-COOP

Coop I have to say this pal but I love you man! :happy: you've got me looking around for more Vice stuff! I love you man, your in inspiration, and I look up to you a lot with the clothing dude, I hope you continue being that inspiration, THANKS A BUNCH BRO!!!DETECTIVE_CROCKETT!!!!:radar: