Sign in to follow this  
COOPER&BURNETT

FOUND! PILOT EPISODE JACKET/ SHIRT!

daytona365    189
daytona365

Anyone believes someone could design this shirt without having watched the pilot?

Shirt-vi.jpg

It's now hanging in my closet...still not the original that C&B has, but probably the closest I will ever get to that. I still need to replace the buttons with some dark blue ones though.

• Like 2

Detective_Crockett    388
Detective_Crockett

Anyone believes someone could design this shirt without having watched the pilot?

Shirt-vi.jpg

It's now hanging in my closet...still not the original that C&B has, but probably the closest I will ever get to that. I still need to replace the buttons with some dark blue ones though.

I like it!

COOPER&BURNETT    987
COOPER&BURNETT

Great looking shirt Daytona365! Worn with a black t-shirt, and you'll have the Pilot episode look! I'm always THRILLED when I see someone still dedicated to getting the MIAMI VICE look! 

The closest I ever saw to the original was actually a shirt last year in Sears of all places. IThe markings were very, VERY close to the original. It was a cotton shirt, and short sleeved. I went back twice thinking about getting it, but then I thought....I already own the original shirt, what do I hope to accomplish buying it? I didn't get it, as I couldn't do better than what I already had.

Nice shirt. When do we get to see a photo of you wearing your new Crockett Pilot episode shirt?!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Matt5    1,919
Matt5

Well done James !! a great looking shirt !!

COOPER&BURNETT    987
COOPER&BURNETT

The original shirt Don Johnson wore is 100% linen, and it's a size large. It's a thin, light, big, very roomy shirt. It doesn't fit like a regular shirt, as it's cut to be roomy.

pilot%20stipe_zpsnj1rnibl.png

So the advice of buying a larger size may be a smart idea.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Jerry B.    479
Jerry B.

Great findings, guys. The alternative shirts recall the original a lot. And Coop's right: the size (and cut) is what sets them apart, which applies to almost all the fashion of the 80s compared to what we have now.

The size trick is something I've been using a lot since the mid 90s, when everything became tight and stuffed. It can work as a breeze in some cases. Other times you need adjustments on the sleeves or  more, like working on the back. But if the item worth the price and you - addicted vicer - are happy with it, well you're going to wear it for a lifetime ;-)

So is quite a good investment.

I did it with my white blazer I bought last year: believe me, it looks cut and packed in the 80s. Pics on arrival ;-)

• Like 1

COOPER&BURNETT    987
COOPER&BURNETT

Not sure why they are still doing "SLIM FIT" clothes. Personally, I don't like it. If I do buy it, it has to now be an XL or an XXL for it to fit me correctly.

I still prefer how much of the clothes in the 80's fit. Linen, loose and comfy!  Plus, it was colorful, inventive, and stylish!!

• Like 1

James    1,194
James

Not sure why they are still doing "SLIM FIT" clothes. Personally, I don't like it. If I do buy it, it has to now be an XL or an XXL for it to fit me correctly.

I still prefer how much of the clothes in the 80's fit. Linen, loose and comfy!  Plus, it was colorful, inventive, and stylish!!

I actually prefer slim fit shirts, because I'm a slim guy myself, so then I can undo the top buttons and show off my gold chain and chest hair. :)

I guess if you're slim, you buy slim fit, if you're a big fella, you buy loose clothes.

But yeah, I have a pastel blue loose shirt and it just looks very baggy on me, even though it's a size S. Slim fits my slim body perfectly, and that is why they are still making slim fit clothes.

daytona365    189
daytona365

Great looking shirt Daytona365! Worn with a black t-shirt, and you'll have the Pilot episode look! I'm always THRILLED when I see someone still dedicated to getting the MIAMI VICE look! 

The closest I ever saw to the original was actually a shirt last year in Sears of all places. IThe markings were very, VERY close to the original. It was a cotton shirt, and short sleeved. I went back twice thinking about getting it, but then I thought....I already own the original shirt, what do I hope to accomplish buying it? I didn't get it, as I couldn't do better than what I already had.

Nice shirt. When do we get to see a photo of you wearing your new Crockett Pilot episode shirt?!

you're gonna see it....right now:

Style62-vi.jpg

COOPER&BURNETT    987
COOPER&BURNETT

It looks great! You pulled it off, as it get's more than a passing grade. This must be based on the original without directly copying it. Too much of a coincidence.

Great Job daytona365!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT