DONATIONS NEEDED!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Let me begin by saying that I hate posting topics like this one, and I wouldn't unless it was absolutely necessary. As you all know, this site stays running on donations from the membership and the administrators. To all of you who have donated, we thank you, but the truth of the matter is there isn't very much in the till these days. According to Chris a few euros which is not enough to keep us going.I've always felt that donations should come from the heart. If you like what you see here and feel inclined to throw in a few bucks, that's great! and if you don't then that's ok too. I know that when the site goes down or members have a hard time logging in I get dozens of e-mails asking "what's wrong with the site?" "When will it be up and running?" Well just imagine for a moment that my reply to you is "it won't be coming back" It's a scary thought for those of us that visit here everyday. If each of those e-mails were followed by a donation you would never have to worry about hearing me say that. Just remember, any amount is acceptable. It doesn't have to be $10 or $20. Even $1 helps.Thanks!FerrarimanPlease note: The paypal link on our site is in German. For the English version please click here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/...

Only a suggestion...It would also help a lot and the account could finally grow up again if with our names over every post also our donation level is to see.THAT WAS SIMPLY GOOD !!!!:thumbsup::clap::done:

• Administrators

Only a suggestion...It would also help a lot and the account could finally grow up again if with our names over every post also our donation level is to see.THAT WAS SIMPLY GOOD !!!!:thumbsup::clap::done:

Unfortunately this mod is no longer available for the latest vBulletin software version. Let's see if they upgrade then it would be possible to bring back the gold bars.

• Administrators
Whoa' date=' goal 50$, received 60$. :D How much is the server costs anyway?[/quote']It's about 55 Euros/month for our server, domains etc.Here's a detailled list of all monthly costs:Server 48.98€ / monthmiami-vice.info 1,22€ / monthmiami-vice.ws 2,04€ / monthmiamivice.info 1,22€ / monthmiamivice.eu 1,53€ / monthmiamiviceonline.com 1,22€ / monthvicemail.de 1,02€ / monthIn total: 57.23€ (about 71 $) per month (tax included) for server and domains.

That's very expensive. Not the domains but the hosting is. What specifications do you need (bandwith, traffic etc.)? Maybe there's a better alternative.

• Administrators
That's very expensive. Not the domains but the hosting is. What specifications do you need (bandwith' date=' traffic etc.)? Maybe there's a better alternative.[/quote']Please note that we run a server on our own. It's not just some webspace which is less expansive that our costs. We don't have to share the server with other sites running on it and we can install any software we want which isn't possible if you only run your website on some GB of webspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Also donated. Thanks Ferrariman and Caipi for your outstanding work for this great site!:thumbsup:I hope we are going to find more friends to spend a few bucks.Come on guys! If it is only a dollar!:thumbsup:

Just donated. No need to apologise, Ferrariman, for asking for donations. I know to well sites need money to keep going. Have had times when I have gone to donate but it would not let me because the monthly target was reached?Not sure if that is still the same. Hopefully you can go past the monthly target, now, and that way have surplus funds each month. Just a thought.Thanks for the work you all do keeping this site running:cheers::thumbsup::clap:

• Administrators

Yes paypal is the way to go. Just click on "Donation" on the blue bar under the banner. Thank you! If you have any problems let me know.

Hi i go to donate and it takes me to a paypal site with german writing-i go to change my country to UK or Great Britain but it isn't listed?????can someone check this for me?Every other country is listed maybe i'm missing something.thanks

• Administrators

ok yes!!!that turns it into english thanks and the payment goes to caipi@miamivice.euis that correct?but i still pay in dollars?sorry bout this i have never used paypal before lol seriously.

Yes, it's right you can only donate in US$. Don't know how to change this.

• Administrators

Thanks grave_digga! I have added the link for the English version of paypal to my initial post.

You're welcome Ferrariman. Maybe the "Donate now" site should be fixed so that english is the standard language. Otherwise it would only work like i described in my first post. @ DA_PAUL2: The payment is in US$ but this shouldn't be a problem, the actual exchange rate is used and they charge you for (example) 5 US$ whatever this is in your currency.[Edit]I donated a few seconds ago and the Donation was 5 US$ which is 4,08€ in my currency.[/Edit]