DONATIONS NEEDED!

Ferrariman

OK finally sent my 5bucks(off my girls card lol)but yeah the donation goal hasnt updated from 15 bucks recieved?is this normal?it would be helpful to see how much is short or whatever you are each month.Now i know how to work it ill send 5 a month minimum.Keep up the good work.

what?i wasnt asking that it be posted who has donated what,just that the goal amount updates correctly,as the topic starter stated it is people own choice if they choose to donate or not.dont really know what your statement was meaning or who it was directed to?

• 3 months later...

i was listening to an 80s radio and after few minutes of listening , first thing that came to my mind was to come around and see how you guys were doing . i canno't imagine to come out there and see the site down . there's something i would like to know isn't it possible to have you own server i mean a small computer at your home dedicated to the site . i canno't understand the 48E server cost ..? donation is not a problem the thing is "which one to choose" there are so much great sites around that need help these days (i donate a lot to Wikipedia for example myself) . well i love MVO so much , i mean so so much , be sure that site will always be in the upper part of the listedit : if donations in euro would be accepted i maybe could give a little bit more

• Administrators

Thanks to everyone who donated to our site so far.Maybe it's possible to run your own server at home. But you have to know how to connect the server to the www and it must be running all the time. 'Cause when the computer is down the site is down. Don't know if it's much cheaper to run your own server. In case there's a hardware trouble (which we had on our server some time ago) you contact your webhoster and they replace it. If it's your own computer you have to pay for everything...So to my opinion it's a good choice to rent a web server.As for the donations in Euro: if you live in the EU you can easily transfer money withour PayPal using your bank account. That's cheaper than paying the PayPal fees. I'll have to take a look if there's another donation plug-in for our website.Donations are needed all the time. If we want to keep our site going (without advertising) we need your donations. Even if it's "only" 5 Dollar/Euro: if 10 members donate 5 Euros nearly all the monthly costs are payed. So please donate and help our site being online in the future.

yes i understand but 70 $ that makes 700 $ for 10 monthes that's expensive . for 700 $ you can buy a high end computer that will be guaranted for at least 1 year and i'm pretty sure that if you give 50 more bucks you can extend the guaranted to 2 or 3 more years . i don't know much in servers myself and don't know if it can be done on a technical point of view , only thing you'll have to do will be to keep the server running 24H but that's not what will increase your electricity bill ..?

I just donated by using a bank transfer within Germany. KaeptnCaipi gave me the bank account via PM - very easy.But PayPal also works fine...Come on guys - every penny counts! ;-) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd donate but since i moved from England to Holland to be with my girlfriend i'm pretty much liing off her until i can talk Dutch fluently enough to get a decent job.

• 1 month later...

IdeaHey guys I am a professional web designer that makes websites for a living. Is there anything I can do in terms of making a new website? Thinking about it I guess we would be in the same boat because we would have to pay for hosting every year or every other year.....just a suggestion. I know its only maybe $70 oper year to host and I would do the site for free and help maintain it. My little contribution.n My website is here http://palmtreecoconutdesign.com/ Let me know. I'm in the midst of transitioning my website from a company to freelance work. It's hard running an entire company by myself. I'm Looking for a new name to reinvent it...The site will be back to an MV style as soon as I get a good name idea. Any suggestions? MV is my inspiration.....you can email me at toliverlyons@gmail.com

Hey guys I am a professional web designer that makes websites for a living. Is there anything I can do in terms of making a new website? Thinking about it I guess we would be in the same boat because we would have to pay for hosting every year or every other year.....just a suggestion. I know its only maybe $70 oper year to host and I would do the site for free and help maintain it. My little contribution.n My website is here http://palmtreecoconutdesign.com/ Let me know. I'm in the midst of transitioning my website from a company to freelance work. It's hard running an entire company by myself. I'm Looking for a new name to reinvent it...The site will be back to an MV style as soon as I get a good name idea. Any suggestions? MV is my inspiration.....you can email me at toliverlyons@gmail.com

Thanks for the kind offer. The chief administrator and computer guru KaeptnCaipi will have to take a look at it.

• 1 year later...