growing my hair Id like the "season 1/2"

Tonysmallz

hi everyone,hope everyones doin' good,i have been shaving my head for the past 8 years and just started a job that requires me to grow my hair and not be a skin head..so i have decided to go all out and grow a dj.. my hair is getting quite long on top im already able to comb it all back.. i need some advice as i have no clue on what to use to style it.. il post a pic of me with skin head and how i look now soon, but its quite frustraiting as it akes ages to grow and i have no real idea on how to get it cut and how to style it....any pointers or tips welcome..thanks MV folks... :thumbsup:

Longer on top, and progressively shorter to the sides and back (Called a taper). Most importantly longer on top, you can slick the sides back to get a similar look. Whatever you do, don't cut the top the same as the sides and back. Even in season three you can see the top is longer. Look at pictures for the part in the hair. Brush and hairspray do the trick, gel is a bit much because he usually had a dry look to his hair.That's my best advice, I'm not a hair dresser though.

so dont touch the top and taper it down the sides like a 4? can i use brill cream, to be honest i dont like gell and even wax can give you a greesy look... but il look in to spray.anyway here i am NYC 2010 shavenEingefügtes Bildand this is about a month and a half without a cut.. 1 month ago, its a lot longer now sorry for crappy instagram pic...Eingefügtes Bild

Hey Tonysmallz. Beach_Vice is right. I don,t have a taper much now, have been lazy and let mine grow out. But I use a flexible styling cream or a spray gel. Both all natural and wash straight out under water but have excellent hold and have virtually dry look. Plus when applied you can brush your hair to the desired style. Maybe try a few different products until you find the best for yourself. Thats my advice, anyway.Thanks for the before and after pics:thumbsup:Maybe next one can be the final Crockett style:cool:

thanks for the reply fan apriciate it pal..im going to the store tomorrw to see what i can get.have you got any named brands in mind i might be able to look out for here in the uk? i museless when it comes to this... lol.. anyway thanks for more tips...

Hey, a quick shout out to my main man Tonysmallz! Hows it going dude? Cool photos man. Very happy that your going with the Crockett hairstyle. Once it gets long enough, take a good photo of Season one or two Crockett to the barber, and ask if he, or she can cut it something like that. Love reading your posts pal!-COOP

its going good COOP real good,thats a good idea i have a few family members who are very good barbers im just waiting for the growth, im also happy about it as i havent really ever grown or styled my hair.. so i thought why not.. im already buying some perscription ray bans to go with it... :Dim having the hardest time finding a white sport jacket tho... i did have it in mind to come and knock on your door to chat about that...

the bestits going good COOP real good' date='thats a good idea i have a few family members who are very good barbers im just waiting for the growth, im also happy about it as i havent really ever grown or styled my hair.. so i thought why not.. im already buying some perscription ray bans to go with it... :Dim having the hardest time finding a white sport jacket tho... i did have it in mind to come and knock on your door to chat about that...[/quote']In the U.S., we have LABOR DAY in August. We are traditionally not supposed to wear white after labor day. Greys and dark colors are sold now.Screw it, I'll wear white no matter what, as long as the weather is good to do so. Nobdy cares anymore, and most don't know the rule. It's hot in California, and white can still be worn no matter what.Most men don't wear white blazers in England, do they? Most men wear white blazers here in the U.S. in April for Easter (pastel time!) or for a wedding. Most men in the U.S. don't wear white blazers normally. If you do, you'll surely stand out from the crowd. Perscription Wayfarers! Now THAT would be too awesome! If you do it, are you going to get the classic wayfarer style like Crockett wore? I'd love to see pictures if you do it!I'm looking forward to the new you! :thumbsup:Cheers Mate! :cheers:-COOP

In the U.S.' date=' we have LABOR DAY in August. We are traditionally not supposed to wear white after labor day. Greys and dark colors are sold now.Screw it, I'll wear white no matter what, as long as the weather is good to do so. Nobdy cares anymore, and most don't know the rule. It's hot in California, and white can still be worn no matter what.-COOP[/quote']I'm going to a wedding on a boat this weekend. Been so looking forward to wearing some Vice gear. There's gonna be alot of white worn on my part. Hopefully, I'll bump into Newton Blade. And Honey.

In the U.S.' date=' we have LABOR DAY in August. We are traditionally not supposed to wear white after labor day. Greys and dark colors are sold now.Screw it, I'll wear white no matter what, as long as the weather is good to do so. Nobdy cares anymore, and most don't know the rule. It's hot in California, and white can still be worn no matter what.Most men don't wear white blazers in England, do they? Most men wear white blazers here in the U.S. in April for Easter (pastel time!) or for a wedding. Most men in the U.S. don't wear white blazers normally. If you do, you'll surely stand out from the crowd. Perscription Wayfarers! Now THAT would be too awesome! If you do it, are you going to get the classic wayfarer style like Crockett wore? I'd love to see pictures if you do it!I'm looking forward to the new you! :thumbsup:Cheers Mate! :cheers:-COOP[/quote']If I saw a man in a white blazer here in England it was sure catch my eye!! It just doesn't happen very often, mainly because of our generally style-less menfolk (aside from the ones here naturally) & the changeable weather. I have seen a few white blazers on tv personalities though and some in the shops, so you never know, it may catch on again , here's hoping!!

I'm going to a wedding on a boat this weekend. Been so looking forward to wearing some Vice gear. There's gonna be alot of white worn on my part. Hopefully' date=' I'll bump into Newton Blade. And Honey.[/quote']Hey Charlie, just don't out dress the bride!! Lol

In the U.S.' date=' we have LABOR DAY in August. We are traditionally not supposed to wear white after labor day. Greys and dark colors are sold now.Screw it, I'll wear white no matter what, as long as the weather is good to do so. Nobdy cares anymore, and most don't know the rule. It's hot in California, and white can still be worn no matter what.Most men don't wear white blazers in England, do they? Most men wear white blazers here in the U.S. in April for Easter (pastel time!) or for a wedding. Most men in the U.S. don't wear white blazers normally. If you do, you'll surely stand out from the crowd. Perscription Wayfarers! Now THAT would be too awesome! If you do it, are you going to get the classic wayfarer style like Crockett wore? I'd love to see pictures if you do it!I'm looking forward to the new you! :thumbsup:Cheers Mate! :cheers:-COOP[/quote']most men in the UK dont war white at all... a shame the fashions here in the uk suck at the moment... im just doing it for me really..these are the glasses im looking atits betweenhttp://www.prescriptionsunglassesuk.com/ray-ban/prescription-sunglasses/ray-ban/ray-ban-rb-2140/ray-ban-rb-2140-901--32-black-crystal-grey/or thesehttp://www.prescriptionsunglassesuk.com/ray-ban/prescription-sunglasses/ray-ban/ray-ban-rb-4148-caribbean/ray-ban-rb-4148-601-black/what do you guys prefer

most men in the UK dont war white at all... a shame the fashions here in the uk suck at the moment... im just doing it for me really..these are the glasses im looking atits betweenhttp://www.prescriptionsunglassesuk.com/ray-ban/prescription-sunglasses/ray-ban/ray-ban-rb-2140/ray-ban-rb-2140-901--32-black-crystal-grey/or thesehttp://www.prescriptionsunglassesuk.com/ray-ban/prescription-sunglasses/ray-ban/ray-ban-rb-4148-caribbean/ray-ban-rb-4148-601-black/what do you guys prefer

Well' date=' I prefer this one[/size']http://www.prescriptionsunglassesuk....-crystal-grey/But this is not about me, it's about you and what you like, and which looks better on you. Wayfarers are what Crockett wore (50mm lenses), but you may need the larger frame. Whatever you decide will most likely be the right choice. :thumbsup:

http://www.prescriptionsunglassesuk....-crystal-grey/But this is not about me, it's about you and what you like, and which looks better on you. Wayfarers are what Crockett wore (50mm lenses), but you may need the larger frame. Whatever you decide will most likely be the right choice. :thumbsup:

i think i like them as well,i wear a 50 for my everyday glasses but they are a bit tight so im gonna go with the 54s...how did you know i had a big head lol??!! :D:D

Hey Charlie' date=' just don't out dress the bride!! Lol[/quote']No need to worry, Chloe. No one will confuse me for outdressing the bride. To paraphrase one Larry Zito, she's shorter.

• 4 weeks later...

just an update its grown a lot longer to the point i can notice hair freely moving when i move my head :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]6864[/ATTACH]a picture of me and my ladyil post some better ones soon

post-173-13892964899134_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

new pics this was December i hope COOPER likes me out in a WHITE JACKET!!!!Eingefügtes BildJanEingefügtes Bildmost recent a few weeks ago you can actually see my hair growing down behind my ears its actually passes the bottom of my chin now so its gotten quite long i have trouble managing it for work where i have to be presentable so i slick it back... to keep it out the wayEingefügtes Bildi hope people dont mine me keeping a kinda hair diary on here lol... i want that DJ season 2 :D

The slicked back hair thing has gotten more popular over the past several years. I've noticed that since movies like Inception have gotten popular, a lot of younger guys are discovering hair tonic, and older hair styles. Even I have succumbed to this. My hair looks like a cross between Colin Farrell and Don Johnson's hair styles. lol In my case I just like the low maintenance aspect of it.

The slicked back hair thing has gotten more popular over the past several years. I've noticed that since movies like Inception have gotten popular' date=' a lot of younger guys are discovering hair tonic, and older hair styles. Even I have succumbed to this. My hair looks like a cross between Colin Farrell and Don Johnson's hair styles. lol In my case I just like the low maintenance aspect of it.[/quote']same here and im actually leaning towards 06 crocketts style as dons is a bit of high maintenance each morning...

The "hair diary" is great, Tony:thumbsup:I look forward to the next installment. Who knows, maybe you can take us through all 5 seasons. That would be:cool:Although season 5 hair, I find to be a bit impractical for day to day use although it looked good.White jackets always look so cool and so Vice :cheers:

Amen my friend, i used to have season 5 hair many years ago. wore a cap for work so wasnt a prob during the day but sure lookewd the business when i went out. would love to have it back but my partner wont let me have hair longer than her!!!! :DWould be a lot of maintenance now as i work in a hospital trying to get ready in a morning lolIf i can find the pic and scan it in i`ll post it