ORIGINAL MV MEMORABILIA FOR AUCTION !!!!

Ell.a

• Administrators

John Diehl liked the two charity auctions for the benefit of "Vacation from War" very much. Thus he contributed a very special and definitely unique piece of Miami Vice: His very personal Miami Vice bathrobe!The bathrobe is made of light blue terry cloth - unfortunately the photos show only a pale color, but I couldn't get them better in the dull and gray German winter daylight. There is an appliqué (NBC logo) stiched on the left front side. On its back you'll find the Miami Vice logo and "John Diehl aka L. Zito". He also personally signed the collar with "John Diehl" and "12/08".

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes BildThe bathrobe will be auctioned exactly like he sent it to me, of course with his original letter that guarantees its authenticity. The auction will start by the end of January.Eingefügtes BildMerry Christmas! :xmas:

• 5 weeks later...

ELL.A,I want to bid, but it appears that I have to join the german website, but I can't read German, so I'm unable to do so.Can I bid on THIS thread?If not, can you bid for me on my behalf.I have a pay pal account, and I'm good for the money. Can you do this for me?-COOP

• Administrators

I also thought about posting bids in two threads, but I guess this would be too difficult for the participants. Therefore I decided to run the auction only on .info. Thanks for your offer! I already posted your bid. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Due to the bids of two members of this board (Cooper&Burnett and cigarette) the bathrobe's auction closed at 355 € (about 455 $)! Thanks a bunch to Cooper&Burnett and all the other who participated and made this auction a blast!The winner is cigarette! Congratulations! :glossy::flowers:

Due to the bids of two members of this board (Cooper&Burnett and cigarette) the bathrobe's auction closed at 355 € (about 455 $)! Thanks a bunch to Cooper&Burnett and all the other who participated and made this auction a blast!The winner is cigarette! Congratulations! :glossy::flowers:

CONGRADULATIONS CIGARETTE!!!:clap::clap::clap:

thanks for making it expencive :) LOL well well I did not think I would get it. Im going to bring it to Miami :baby: as a bathrobe when im going to take a swim at south beach. .........

thanks for making it expencive :) LOL well well I did not think I would get it. Im going to bring it to Miami :baby: as a bathrobe when im going to take a swim at south beach. .........

I would have purchased a 7 foot tall, four sided glass display case, and hung the cherished robe on a manaquin torso right in the middle of the case. Then, I would have added one of the glass shelves to the very bottom of the case, and placed a picture of JOHN DIEHL to the left, and the letter he wrote about the robe on the right protecting his robe, and preserving it along with other rare, vintage MIAMI VICE collectibles. Then I would have shown pictures of it, with additional information for our members here.That's what I would have done with this special robe.

• Administrators

Gosh! :oI'm sorry - This is another proof that elder people should never loose their glasses ... :blind: Hope that I used the "dot" this time ... :rain:

Well for any of you with really deep pockets check out the online auction for one of the MV restored Daytonas below:http://volocars.com/1973-ferrari-daytona-from-miami-vice-c-670.htm:hot:

I'm so on it!!!Just kidding!I'd like to know what JURRASIC NARC thinks about their claims. He could tell us if they are true are not. EVERYONE claims that they have one of the original cars.

I know I posted last year when Volo auto museum acquired the unrestored Daytona and they had "before" pics that were in the link. I'd have to go back and see where I posted it here but maybe jurassicnarc can check that as well. I think I recall that they found the rusting body in total disrepair somewhere.

I know I posted last year when Volo auto museum acquired the unrestored Daytona and they had "before" pics that were in the link. I'd have to go back and see where I posted it here but maybe jurassicnarc can check that as well. I think I recall that they found the rusting body in total disrepair somewhere.

For almost the price of a real one, they better have paperwork proof for it. I know the FERRARI horse logo on the back of the car was not on the show.Seems like the exhaust seems too close, and the interior looks a bit off. What's the deal with the holes in the trunk lid?I'd say (as beautiful as it is) the asking price is a fantasy.I'd take jurrasic narc's Daytona over this one any day.

• Administrators

Today cigarette's Paypal transfer was announced by email.I forwarded the full amount of 355 Euro to the project.I also substitited 15 Euro Paypal fees personally, as well as about 30 Euro postage for a insured parcel to Norway (due to the Paypal safety guideline).Alltogether about 45 Euro donation to miamivice.info/ws as well. :baby:;)What a successful action! :glossy::balloon::dance2: