Don Johnson on Conan

Kavinsky

Yeah cooper should get a kick out of that, guess that also kind of explains why he hasnt done anything really vice related in quite some time. He really did get did get burned out about it at the end.gotta love that line though, yeah we kind of killed off everyone in Miami and moved on lol

Yeah cooper should get a kick out of that' date=' guess that also kind of explains why he hasnt done anything really vice related in quite some time. He really did get did get burned out about it at the end.gotta love that line though, yeah we kind of killed off everyone in Miami and moved on lol[/quote']Your right bud, I loved it! And yes, he was burned out with it. Five years doing it day in, and day could burn many people out. I was very happy to hear him freely talk about it. He's proud of his work on the show, but, unlike me, he has moved on from it, and is doing other things in his life. He's happy with his fame, and work on the show, but, that's now in the past.Great find KAVINSKY!!

• 2 weeks later...
really though' date=' damn it conan ask about the daytona next time! I gotta wonder what Don's reaction would be if camera daytona pulled up with his old car.[/quote']It would be interesting to have Don Johnson see the car again and see what his reaction would be. Before the new Miami Vice movie came out, I did send a note to Universal Pictures and offered the car if they wanted to use it to promote the new movie - but I never heard back.

Interesting - I just posted a reply to Kavinsky's note, but it was put before Kavinsky's in the order (even though it used a quote from his post). I see that Kavinsky's post is dated 7:20 pm today and it is now 2:05 pm - must be a bug in the system somewhere. (This post will probably be before Kavinsky's also.)

Your right bud' date=' I loved it! And yes, he was burned out with it. Five years doing it day in, and day could burn many people out. I was very happy to hear him freely talk about it. He's proud of his work on the show, but, unlike me, he has moved on from it, and is doing other things in his life. He's happy with his fame, and work on the show, but, that's now in the past.Great find KAVINSKY!![/quote']thanks and poped up when I typed in testarossa on youtube (I was looking for a video of it at the swap meet in florida for the thread about things he should look for in florida) and also I do like the car I just really wish they had redone the front end and the sides and left it black in the show.still though paid off nonetheless though..and I'm glad he's easing into it too, you know it looks like the nostalgia factor is finally kicking in with him and he's starting to look at it for the good times. not the bad ones of S4 and S5 which probably left a bad taste in his mouth.which I can not say I blame him about with Cows Of October, good god that was painfull to watch. let alone work on and memorize the words for.remember the good, forget the bad after all.really though, damn it conan ask about the daytona next time! I gotta wonder what Don's reaction would be if camera daytona pulled up with his old car.you know if the white jacket kicked it in like that, what the hell would the car do?!
Could you imagine Don riding with Conan in the '92 Ford Tauris? Mr. Cool with Mr. Geek! Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild
Taurus SHO I believe' date=' single overhead cam I believe that stands for, the same sort of car robocop drove in the first movie. I remember they did a scene with it when he got the tonight show before NBC kicked him off for not pulling in the ratings like leno did.[url']
funny though they did a scene on the old conan show where they showed him looking at ferraris and he bragged about it there, the car he was looking at was a black ferrari testarossa too so it must have left an impression on him.

Interesting - I just posted a reply to Kavinsky's note' date=' but it was put before Kavinsky's in the order (even though it used a quote from his post). I see that Kavinsky's post is dated 7:20 pm today and it is now 2:05 pm - must be a bug in the system somewhere. (This post will probably be before Kavinsky's also.)[/quote']Yeah ferrariman said he contacted the guy running the site about the weird glitches going on here, so hopefully this will all get ironed out eventually.hell the guy who worked on vice here:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16790-Q-amp-A-with-miami-vice-post-production-crew-member!&p=261467#post261467was saying he was having trouble creating an account, I dont know just kind of a really odd weekend or something
It would be interesting to have Don Johnson see the car again and see what his reaction would be. Before the new Miami Vice movie came out' date=' I did send a note to Universal Pictures and offered the car if they wanted to use it to promote the new movie - but I never heard back.[/quote']hmmm honestly I don't know why they would have not contacted you back about that, especially considering well I only first came across vice because they ran the pilot as a promo for the film, complete with the daytona scenes and all. I mean it would have made a hell of promo for the film to do that like right at the end of the showing of the pilot after all that. I don't know maybe Mann shot that down or something as I remember that the original cast members said were never asked about about reprising there roles for the film. where as well with the starksy and hutch film they had both of the leads in it at the end as a fitting tribute to them. With Don I dont know maybe you could contact Conan, it wouldn't be the first time he's done something along the lines of that for the show.hell I still remember that bit he did with the guy who was famous for gonzo type reporting, Hunter S Thompson where they at his request went to there ranch to have some range fun there shooting guns at his books and weird stuff like that.
man what a strange fellow that Thompson guy was, along with having Mr T on for the in the year 2000 bit.or maybe even his agent, I mean he was working now on that Tarantino film so he must have an active agent right now.