COOP's SANTA BARBARA / MORRO BAY TRIP PHOTOS

COOPER&BURNETT

YEAH... :D:D:D:D:D I LUV THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coming to here - finding such a great topic with thrilling pics !!!!!I am mostly touched by this one:
Eingefügtes BildCheck out THIS Art Deco building!! It's right off of Highway 1 in Morro Bay. I spotted it when I made a wrong turn. Looks like it was a 'right' turn to me! Had I not made the wrong turn' date=' I never would have found this beauty![/quote']SO GOOD you have taken the wrong turn, coop :thumbsup:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a beautiful building !! :happy::happy::happy:I have to write it again... to watch at such buildings with GERMAN eyes is like a trip in a magical world!We does not have such kind of buildings with us - no way!Maybe you will find FAKES of them at county fairs or leisure parks - ALL are simply MOST BAD copiesof such a real treasure !!!Maybe you will not read it with pleasure but buildings kinda like this one are to us like SYMBOLS of the USA !I really enjoy all shots you could taken about this BEAUTY, coop !!!!Thanks also for the great animal pics. It was a pleasure to find these unusual images here in MV forum!!DONtastic topic!! IN ANY CASE !!!!!THANKS A LOT !!!!

What a beautiful building !! :happy::happy::happy:I have to write it again... to watch at such buildings with GERMAN eyes is like a trip in a magical world!We does not have such kind of buildings with us - no way!Maybe you will find FAKES of them at county fairs or leisure parks - ALL are simply MOST BAD copiesof such a real treasure !!!Maybe you will not read it with pleasure but buildings kinda like this one are to us like SYMBOLS of the USA !I really enjoy all shots you could taken about this BEAUTY, coop !!!!Thanks also for the great animal pics. It was a pleasure to find these unusual images here in MV forum!!DONtastic topic!! IN ANY CASE !!!!!THANKS A LOT !!!!

I'm so pleased that you enjoy, and love ART DECO, like I do! America has LOTS of ART DECO places. Oh sure, they really don't do art deco here much anymore, there are still lots that have not been destroyed yet. Some buildings will do an art deco building if they are trying to replicate a look for a restaraunt, or to do a throwback building or house, but they still exist. It's a shame that you don't have art deco places there in Germany, but Germany has it's own look, and style. Most places do. I see art deco places all the time, and it warms my heart. It's such an incredible style!!So pleased you love it too!Are ZOOs common in Germany? In America, most major cities have them.

Thanks for the pics COOP:thumbsup:I love the Art Deco Building. Absolutley brilliant. Can just see Izzy standing outside it working some scam and the Crockett and Tubbs come along looking for some info:D:cool:Also good to see Elvis doing well.Excellent pics. Hope you enjoyed it. By the look of the pics you did.Thanks for sharing, mate.:thumbsup::clap::cheers:

Thanks for the pics COOP:thumbsup:I love the Art Deco Building. Absolutley brilliant. Can just see Izzy standing outside it working some scam and the Crockett and Tubbs come along looking for some info:D:cool:Also good to see Elvis doing well.Excellent pics. Hope you enjoyed it. By the look of the pics you did.Thanks for sharing' date=' mate.:thumbsup::clap::cheers:[/quote']Your perfectly welcome!

I'm so pleased that you enjoy' date=' and love ART DECO, like I do! America has LOTS of ART DECO places. Oh sure, they really don't do art deco here much anymore, there are still lots that have not been destroyed yet. Some buildings will do an art deco building if they are trying to replicate a look for a restaraunt, or to do a throwback building or house, but they still exist. It's a shame that you don't have art deco places there in Germany, but Germany has it's own look, and style. Most places do. I see art deco places all the time, and it warms my heart. It's such an incredible style!!So pleased you love it too![/quote']I AM THRILLED BY THIS ARCHITECTURE !!!You've found beautiful words to impress your feelings with these jewelries !!!!
Are ZOOs common in Germany? In America' date=' most major cities have them.[/quote']Oh yes !!!(Almost :);))Typical German culture.To me the very best ZOO we have in HANNOVER.They have tried and actually really managed to create a beautiful area in which you can go on a WORLD trip.Have not taken all main places/countries. I think my small collage shows a lot:Eingefügtes Bild

Hey COOP..... It's for Lease.....looks like a cool place for your Miami Vice Museum! :thumbsup:

Hey Tony, you may be on to something here Pal! :thumbsup:

Looks like you had a great trip Coop. Nice pictures. The central coast is so beautiful. There's an old Art Deco gas station I remember from when I lived in the Santa Barbara area. I'll see if I can find a picture of it to post. Your photo reminded me of it. By the way, does the SB Zoo still have the giraffe with the crooked neck?

Found it. It is Spanish and Art Deco combined. It's in Goleta, just outside of Santa Barbara where I lived. It was already closed in the mid-90's when I was there and remains so today from the looks of it. That would fit right into Miami.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6926[/ATTACH]

post-10973-13892964939068_thumb.jpg

Looks like you had a great trip Coop. Nice pictures. The central coast is so beautiful. There's an old Art Deco gas station I remember from when I lived in the Santa Barbara area. I'll see if I can find a picture of it to post. Your photo reminded me of it. By the way' date=' does the SB Zoo still have the giraffe with the crooked neck?[/quote']I'd love to see the photo of the gas station.No, the giraffe has died. They have a photo of it, and a plaque telling about it at the giraffe exhibit. Oddly, the plaque didn't say why it had a crooked neck.

I'd love to see the photo of the gas station.No' date=' the giraffe has died. They have a photo of it, and a plaque telling about it at the giraffe exhibit. Oddly, the plaque didn't say why it had a crooked neck.[/quote']Too bad it died. I remember seeing the giraffe, but don't remember why it had the crooked neck either. I posted the photo above. Technically the gas station is in Goleta where the university is, not Santa Barbara proper. I used to pass it on bike rides and think it was far more beautiful than modern gas stations and there it sat closed and boarded up. It was on Hollister Road way out near Winchester Canyon Road at the far western edge of Goleta in an area called Ellwood Beach. I also found it on Google maps. I'm having a nostalgic moment here. :D

It looks like you had a beautiful vacation and all the pics are wonderful, it's good that you share them with us.

Eingefügtes BildPandina' date=' ...this is for you![/quote']OOOOHHHHH IT'S FOR ME!!! I've jumped on my chair when I saw this!Thank you for the special thought Coop, you're always so lovely. :happy:I wanted a Velociraptor though... :)