Hello from Upstate NY

nater86zx

Hello all Miami vice fans! I'm very glad I found this website. I am a HUGE Vice fan. I have been ever since I saw my first episodes when I was a kid. I did't have the privilege to see them when they were new, I was born in '83. I have heard from people that were lucky enough to see the show when it was new. I first saw them on re-runs on the FX network in the mid 90's. It was love at first sight. I am proud to say I have the complete 5 season dvd collection (and watch it regularly), an original 'Miami Vice II' record album (forever preserved behind glass in a frame, on display in my house), and the Crockett and Tubbs action figures that were available a few years back (still in original packaging). I was always captivated by MV, the best TV show ever, IMHO.

WELCOME!Want to see Don Johnson's blazers he wore in MIAMI VICE, and VICE photoshoots? I own several! How about rare MIAMI VICE cast and crew items? How about photos from scenes in MIAMI VICE that were cut from the show??Would you like to see props from the show?The actual script to the pilot episode? And....much, MUCH more?Then visit my Personal, Private collection of items in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION!Click here to view all the incredible threads!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/forum...Vice-ScrapbookWelcome to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!!-COOP

Hello all Miami vice fans! I'm very glad I found this website. I am a HUGE Vice fan. I have been ever since I saw my first episodes when I was a kid. I did't have the privilege to see them when they were new' date=' I was born in '83. I have heard from people that were lucky enough to see the show when it was new. I first saw them on re-runs on the FX network in the mid 90's. It was love at first sight. I am proud to say I have the complete 5 season dvd collection (and watch it regularly), an original 'Miami Vice II' record album (forever preserved behind glass in a frame, on display in my house), and the Crockett and Tubbs action figures that were available a few years back (still in original packaging). I was always captivated by MV, the best TV show ever, IMHO.[/quote']hallo my friend and welcome in a great community, i come from germany :)

That is quite an impressive collection of MV loot! I can't believe you actually own clothes that DJ wore on the show! I own a knockoff blazer suit, I wear it occasionally, like my bachelor party last year:Eingefügtes BildI am also a huge fan of everything 80's. I wear my Wayfarers and Members Only jacket regularly. :) When people say that I'm stuck in the 80's, I say "what, you mean, stuck in the now? isn't it still the 80's?" :D I even got my wife to love MV almost as much as I do. She loves to watch it with me. My love for the 80's also rubbed off on to her quite a bit.Here is my '86 Nissan 300zx, my pride and joy.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

hallo my friend and welcome in a great community' date=' i come from germany :)[/quote']Thank you! Glad to see Miami Vice fans all over the world! :thumbsup: So is Miami vice very popular in Europe?

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab75/nater86zx/Untitled.jpgI am also a huge fan of everything 80's. I wear my Wayfarers and Members Only jacket regularly. :) When people say that I'm stuck in the 80's, I say "what, you mean, stuck in the now? isn't it still the 80's?" :D I even got my wife to love MV almost as much as I do. She loves to watch it with me. My love for the 80's also rubbed off on to her quite a bit.Here is my '86 Nissan 300zx, my pride and joy.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

You have a nice car, and nice threads!Take time to look at the Scrapbook section, You won't believe all that you will find!-COOP

Great to have a season 5 fan aboard, when you're up to it, please review some of those episodes in the DVD discussion. We definitely need your help to round out the opinions because folks seem to gravitate to seasons 1-3. You will be a valuable asset.

Great to have a season 5 fan aboard' date=' when you're up to it, please review some of those episodes in the DVD discussion. We definitely need your help to round out the opinions because folks seem to gravitate to seasons 1-3. You will be a valuable asset.[/quote']Yes, many seem to like seasons 1-3 the most, but I had to get all 5 seasons because the collection would not be complete! I will review the episodes of 5 (though I will say that I did miss Jan Hammer's score in season 5). First, let me go back and watch all of 5 again. Seasons 4 and 5 may not be for the Miami Vice purists, but it is still Miami Vice. The premise is still there, and those episodes are entertaining to watch.

Good work with the clothes and car, Nater. You've got style my friend. Keep up the good work and welcome to the site! Looking forward to your season 5 input.

Thank you all! I am very enthused to learn more about my favorite show. I am so glad that there is a community like this to keep the magic of Miami Vice alive. As I type this, I am getting ready to watch another episode. Season 4 episode 18 'Badge of Dishonor' to be exact. As soon as I wrap up 4, I'll start with 5 again.Maybe some of you veteran Miami Vice fans can tell me about when the show was new. Like I said, I did not have the privilege of seeing the show at that time. People that I know that did have said privilege told me awesome stories about how popular the show was. They said that it was so popular that people would actually leave the bars on a Friday night to go home and watch the show! That is amazing. You just don't hear about shows having that much impact on peoples lives anymore. Or, maybe its just changing times, with DVR and Tivo and all. Other stories I heard were about how the fashion of the show caught on and such. My uncle who lives in Tampa said when the Testarossa came to the show, he saw a lot of rich guys driving around in them dressed like Cockett and Tubbs. :)

Miami Vice was on Friday nights, and dates, and clubbing ended early, as people did, in fact, come home to watch the show (mostly during season 2 at the higth of it's popularity) . We did have VCRs back then (I had a BETA machine first, then a VHS VCR, and recorded all the shows on them live while watching them, making sure to cut out the commericals to save tape, and save me from fast forwarding past commercials).The show changed the face of fashion, and people did wear clothes like in Miami Vice. Most people couldn't afford the clothes Crockett and Tubbs wore, so we wore clothes that resembled the white blazer, and pastel shirts. They were in every clothing store. I have a thread in the SCRAPBOOK SECTION that you can see that shows a vintage advertisement from a company at the time called, MILLER'S OUTPOST, that was in the newspaper that shows color photos of MIAMI VICE style clothes. It was the 80's, and the clothes were stylish, colorful, and fun (unlike todays drab, boring clothes)! They had cheap, cotton blazers in lots of colors, as well as three button henley shirts like crockett wore in season 1 & 2 in every pastel color under the sun.Click Belowhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1845-MILLER-S-OUTPOST-MIAMI-VICE-ADVERTISEMENT!!&highlight=miller%27s+outpost It was a fun time.

Wow. Those Miller's Outpost ads bring back some very good memories. I remember buying the grey semi-dress pants by Farah and having them tapered at the hem to 7 inches. I would wear those to high school with a collared shirt, sort of making my own style. Thanks for supplying that link, C&B. I wish that store were still around. And yes, Vice was everything once it hit its second season. It was everywhere...in fashion, on the radio, on the tv...basically, it became a huge part of everyday living. It was an example of the power of tv.

Wow. Those Miller's Outpost ads bring back some very good memories. I remember buying the grey semi-dress pants by Farah and having them tapered at the hem to 7 inches. I would wear those to high school with a collared shirt' date=' sort of making my own style. Thanks for supplying that link, C&B. I wish that store were still around. And yes, Vice was everything once it hit its second season. It was everywhere...in fashion, on the radio, on the tv...basically, it became a huge part of everyday living. It was an example of the power of tv.[/quote']....and yet, it never reached #1.....or even #2 for the week,...ever. :rolleyes:

So is Miami vice very popular in Europe?
IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!Insofar her comes the next warm WELCOME to you from Germany!Seems you will have found with this great forum a part of a new home!I HOPE SO FOR YOU!!!Looking forward to read more of your life with MV and in the 80s!You are riding a nice car!!! ;):done:
T When people say that I'm stuck in the 80's' date=' I say "what' date=' you mean, stuck in the now? isn't it still the 80's?"[/quote'']Best answer ever !!!! :happy::thumbsup::clap::D:D:DBtw... LOVE NY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy::happy::happy:

Wow I wish those styles of clothes were still readily available! It sounds like it was an awsome time during the second season. Wasn't the themes song the first ever TV soundtrack to hit #1 on the Billboard chart?

IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!Insofar her comes the next warm WELCOME to you from Germany!Seems you will have found with this great forum a part of a new home!I HOPE SO FOR YOU!!!Looking forward to read more of your life with MV and in the 80s!You are riding a nice car!!! ;):done:Best answer ever !!!! :happy::thumbsup::clap::D:D:DBtw... LOVE NY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy::happy::happy:

Hahaha thank you very much. I think I have found a home away from home. I hope to visit Germany someday. Europe is on my list of places to see.

Oh' date=' I almost forgot to mention, my wife and I named our 2 cats.... Izzy and Zito. :D:D:D[/quote']I like it. :thumbsup:Oh, and of course welcome to the site Nater!

• Administrators

Wasn't the themes song the first ever TV soundtrack to hit #1 on the Billboard chart?

The Miami Vice theme wasn't the first but the last time a TV theme hit number 1 was the theme to "Hawaii 5-0" back in the 60's. For those who don't remember that theme was done by a group called "The Ventures"

Wow I wish those styles of clothes were still readily available! It sounds like it was an awsome time during the second season. Wasn't the themes song the first ever TV soundtrack to hit #1 on the Billboard chart?

No, PETER GUNN (composed by Henry Mancini, with composer John Williams on the piano!) hit number one on the Billboard chart in the 1950's. MIAMI VICE THEME was not the first to do it, but I think it was number one longer than Peter Gunn was.

I've shared this story before but back in the day I wouldn't leave the house on friday nights. It was December 7th 1984 and my wife at the time had planned a surprise 30th birthday party for me at a local restaurant. Just so happens that my birthday fell on Friday night that year. Long story short' date=' she eventually had to spoil the surprise and tell me to get me to leave the house! I used to watch Vice and cut the commercials out of it with my VCR as I watched. The episode that night was "Give A Little, Take A Little" and it was the only episode in my collection with commercials still intact.[/quote']Thats a funny story. I think it is so cool how Vice took so much precedence on peoples lives. Too bad I didn't get to experience it in that way.

No' date=' PETER GUNN (composed by Henry Mancini, with composer John Williams on the piano!) hit number one on the Billboard chart in the 1950's. MIAMI VICE THEME was not the first to do it, but I think it was number one longer than Peter Gunn was.[/quote']Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess what I meant to say, was that the Miami Vice theme song is the ONLY TV THEME SONG THAT MATTERS! :D:)

Thats a funny story. I think it is so cool how Vice took so much precedence on peoples lives. Too bad I didn't get to experience it in that way.

Not as funny as Ferrariman's story, but back then I used to skip all my last classes at Uni because otherwise I could not arrive home on time and I didn't want to miss MV!I still wonder how I managed to get high grades in those subjects...