Jan Hammer's Albums

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

Do any of you guys have any of Jan's albums ranging from his time in the Jan Hammer group, to some of his later stuff? I only have one album, his 1987 album "Escape From Television"

Do any of you guys have any of Jan's albums ranging from his time in the Jan Hammer group' date=' to some of his later stuff? I only have one album, his 1987 album "Escape From Television"[/quote']Yep. I pretty much have everything. Honestly, I personally don't care too much for his older stuff, but anything from 1983 on, I love.

Here's a JH song I've never heard of... PRETTY DAMN GOOD!!!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqsu45HqtE&feature=plcp

Yeah, I have that on LP and CD. I have everything.

Would you be willing to make me a CD copy of "Snapshots" and "Beyond The Mind's Eye"? Really would love to add that to my collection

Would you be willing to make me a CD copy of "Snapshots" and "Beyond The Mind's Eye"? Really would love to add that to my collection

Sorry. I don't share music. I had trust issues with my unreleased and rare Jan Hammer tracks in the past. I'm sorry. I'll answer questions though.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?758-ANSWERS-To-Your-JAN-HAMMER-MIAMI-VICE-Music-Questions

Do any of you guys have any of Jan's albums ranging from his time in the Jan Hammer group' date=' to some of his later stuff? I only have one album, his 1987 album "Escape From Television"[/quote']i find s :cool::thumbsup: a great music :):thumbsup::cool::clap: my firend

Sorry. I don't share music. I had trust issues with my unreleased and rare Jan Hammer tracks in the past. I'm sorry. I'll answer questions though.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?758-ANSWERS-To-Your-JAN-HAMMER-MIAMI-VICE-Music-Questions

Hey, it's perfectly fine, pal. I think I'll ask for the albums for Christmas. Some of my family have major $$$

• 3 years later...
On 23/10/2012 at 7:17 AM, SonnyCrockettBurnett01 said:

Here's a JH song I've never heard of... PRETTY DAMN GOOD!!!

Heard this for the first time today ! Called "No Mistake" pretty good a real Jan Hammer and MV vibe from late 1985 , released 1986. Would have fitted perfectly in an episode in a late Season 2 or Season 3 episode at that time  :D

Edited by Matt5

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Jeez I don't think I've ever heard that either! Great stuff. Thanks!

A real treat -a nice track too !

I stumbled across it today for first time ever - it's also on iTunes :D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Amazing to think you can hear an MV type composition/song from JH 31 years later after release "No Mistake" and many of us didn't know about it here !

I was so inspired I bought the CD on eBay last night :) 

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I was so inspired I bought the CD on eBay last night :) 

Ha ha ! That's dedication 

However I did download the "No Mistake" track from iTunes which  rings Miami Vice/ JH . The first one and a half minutes of that track could have easily fitted in an episode in 1985/1986:D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The JH album "Beyond the Minds Eye" from 1993 contains a few tunes that could easily have fitted into an MV episode . In particular this track "Midnight" from 1993 such a great Vice vibe and tune :done:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

YES! I've always thought so, too! 

It really is like MV 1993 style !

"Midnight" reminds me of another Hammer composition but can't quite place it ?!:)

This is another great track , Sunset, from the same album  - again with an MV feel and calypso feel. Good work here:done::)

Edited by Matt5