DVD French Twist Reunion II

Ell.a

• Administrators

Like I already wrote in the other thread, I got all available video material from FTR II. Now I'm working on the DVD, trying to put together all the pieces and clips to a "single huge event" ;)All I can say for now is that there will be three sessions with the actors:John Diehl + Michael Talbot about 45 minutesOlivia Brown + Saundra Santiago about 53 minutesThe FAB FOUR together about 40 minutesSo yet the main part is nearly ready. During the next days I will work on the impressions of the surrounding events of the convention. I'll keep you posted.:cool:

• Administrators

Just forgot to mention:This time the event was taped by serveral fans and guest of the convention with their consumer cameras. That's the material I'm talking about and I'm working with. So please don't expect a HiFi sound experience ... :pBut though there was no prof audio equipment used the audio quality isn't much worse than the one on the last DVD (FTR I).

• Administrators

DVD ready!The DVD is ready now, just needs to be checked by Alex. Its content is as follows:01. Intro [01:10]02. Session with John & Michael [45:05]03. Izzy’s Corner [02:44]04. Autographs [02:47]05. Session with Olivia & Saundra [53:35]06. Meeting Fans & Actors [01:25]07. Photographs [01:50]08. Session with all actors [39:07]09. Credits [00:48]Total: 2:28:46If you wish to order the DVD, you can do it on --> Alex' website <--. It's 18 €, that includes the shipping - even to the US. You can order now. We will keep you posted about the exact release date.:balloon:

post-92-13892965025314_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

The DVD is ready for delivery now.If you'd like to order, please visit ---> Alex' website <---You'll find links to order DVD FTR I and DVD FTR II on the right hand side - below the the world map.:cool:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just watched it and really enjoyed it.I am reviewing the dvd itself here and not the event-i imagine it is a whole different feeling actually being there!A few criticisms though at one point when Olivia is talking just before she is talking about missing hours scene there are people talking amongst themselves which makes it very hard to hear what she is saying and to me personally very rude.I appreciate these people have paid for a ticket and are entitled to speak or conversate during the event to each other if they wish but maybe next time a different audio set up for the dvd could be used?Saundra turned up for maybe 10mins of the advertised session with her and Olivia?I didn't mind because i thought Olivia was great and her getting the time to herself was maybe better.Micheal Talbott didn't want to seem to take part in the final session-he was reluctant to sit down and kept going out the room lol?Finally there was a little child being told to "shhhhhhhhhh!" often lol-if only the concerned parent had told the people talking during Olivia the same lol!!Overall i think Olivia was worth the dvd alone-while we did hear some new stories from the returning 3 members i thought last years was better stuff from them which i guess is to be expected as most of the anticipated questions have already been answered.I still think any miami vice fan should buy this and the first dvd(and the 3rd when it comes!)Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just watched it and really enjoyed it.I am reviewing the dvd itself here and not the event-i imagine it is a whole different feeling actually being there!

Thanks a lot for your review. I appreciate your "critisism"! :thumbsup:

(...) but maybe next time a different audio set up for the dvd could be used? (...)

That's the point. On FTR I we were able to use a professional audio equipment (a cameraman owed me a big favor). Though the actors refused to use the hand-held microphone cause we were only few people, we were able to place a mic on a tripod right in front of their seats.Last September (FTR II) I wasn't able to go there. So I got all the video stuff from some fans who recorded the sessions with their camcorders. As you know camcorders for home use don't have a connection for professional audio equipment ...Nearly the same situation this time on FTR III. Though I could attend this time, I had no camera man and no prof audio equipment. I used my DV camera and an external mic, but of course it's not HiFi.The problem is that only few fans were really interested in the first DVD. I got no money for my work (yes, I did it just for fun - and it WAS fun!) - the DVD charge was thought to cover a part of the conventions costs. If there had been more interest in the DVD, we would have been able to plan better for the next conventions and to buy/lend professional equipment.That was not the case - so the whole thing remained a "no-budget"-project.I agree, it's a pity.