Miami Blues locations

Tommy Vercetti

I think it was Sy Rosenthal in Victims of Circumstance' date=' is that it?[/quote']Tommy,Very good he was Sy in Victims. I didn't know he was in that one also. I just watched the episode but that's not the episode I had in mind. Think Season four.

It's a really good movie. Probably Alec Baldwin's best performance, and Jennifer Jason Leigh and Fred Ward were both excellent too.Great intro to Baldwin with the Hare Krishna at the airport ("What's your name? - Trouble!")I loved the scene at Venetian Pool. Beautiful location and funny dialogue:Jennnifer: They don't have that up in OkeechobeeAlec: Where's that?Jennifer: That's where I'm from! You heard of Lake Okeechobee?Alec: I'm from California. I don't know sh!t about Florida. You ever heard of Lake Tahoe?And I loved that song 'Spirit In The Sky' by Norman Greenbaum. Awesome song.Did you have any favourite scenes Jim?

• Like 1

I agree that the movie was good, it keeps you interested and is entertaining. All the scenes with Fred Ward were good- he was kind of pathetic but funny.

Tommy,I was wondering that myself. The residential street and the size of the house reminds me of Alcazar Ave in the Gables. The only hope of finding it is to find a clue in the movie and I lost my copy because I just had to replace my DVR.Jim

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some filming was done at the Hyatt Regency at 57 Alhambra Plaza in Coral GablesThe purse snatching scene was filmed at the front of the hotelEingefügtes BildThe hotel pool was seen in the movieEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildI've stayed at this hotel. It's very nice

I haven't read this thread because I haven't seen the whole movie yet and I don't want to spoil any location surprises. I'm weird like that. :) I do remember seeing Big Fish, that's all.I just ordered it. I hope to watch it next weekend and then join the discussion (if there's anything left to find).

Some filming was done at the Hyatt Regency at 57 Alhambra Plaza in Coral GablesThe hotel pool was seen in the movieEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild
This Hotel Pool and Terrace was used in the Season 4 Episode "Rock and a Hard Place" when Sonny and Caitlin talk out their problems around the Pool ( at their LA Hotel ) . They Shot around the East and South Sides of the Pool near the Tiled Roof Terrace which backs onto Giraida Ave' date=' Coral Gables.Interiors , including the Reception Desk and Hotel Suite would not suprise me - if they were also filmed here at The Hyatt Regency , Coral Gables [again doubling as their La Hotel Suite']http://www.miamivice.info/screenshots/hardrock21.jpg:D

Good work Matt. I had no idea that location was on Vice too.Rock and a Hard Place is one of my least watched episodes. because of bloody Caitlin obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I finally watched the movie and spent some time sleuthing the locations. Looks like Tommy Vercetti did some great work and found just about everything.The house looks very much like it is in Coral Gables as described in the movie. The 1024 address may or may not be accurate. If it is, it should be easy to find. Between 10th and 11th, and at a T intersection.

There's still a couple of unidentified locations. The store where Baldwin steals the TV looks like it was in South Beach. And was Biscayne Boulevard whereFred Ward was tailing Baldwin before the pawn shop scene? They drove past a BMW dealership

Yes, the driving scene was southbound on Biscayne Blvd. He comes to a stop at NE 19th St and you can see this distinctive building. The BMW dealership that you noticed is Braman Motors at 2060 Biscayne Blvd. We saw glimpses of this during the Phil the Shill nighttime tailing scene. I saw an IHOP (blue roof) during the drive. I think that is a location that has been demolished but was at 2450 Biscayne Blvd.The electronics robbery was at or near "219", so either it was in a part of SoBe that is probably gone or downtown.One more note: I thought I saw a large body of water near the airport where the Eastern Airlines airplane touches down, which would mean this was not Miami.

they shot all the LA hotel scenes there' date=' including the scene where Crockett is stopped by Freemont&Wiggins in the hotel entrance.[/quote']I knew they filmed the pool and hotel interior scenes - but didnt know they shot the scene where Crockett is stopped bt F&W on the forecourt . !:DHere's Forecourt Entrance at Alhambra Plaza, Coral Gables of the Hotel on Streetview http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=50+alhambra+plaza,+miami+,+fl+&sll=34.052234,-118.243685&sspn=1.231074,2.106628&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=50+Alhambra+Plaza,+Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida+33134,+United+States&ll=25.752452,-80.255752&spn=0.001256,0.003079&z=19&layer=c&cbll=25.752281,-80.255673&panoid=eS0WwLAsdwgMo8byD4hy_A&cbp=12,222.47,,0,-12.01

Alec and Jennifer had an apartment at Calusa Club Village in Kendall (8888 SW 131sr Ct)

I think she parks her car right about here.I think this apartment complex has different addresses for different buildings. There's a big "13255" sign behind them as they park, so I'd guess the address is 13255 SW 88th Lane.

• 2 years later...

I found the house rented by Fred for Susie in the 1990 movie Miami Blues. The house number really is 1024 just like the sign in the movie. There are lots of 1024's in the Gables but the house is at 1024 Milan Ave, Coral Gables. This is a great old flick starring Alec Baldwin, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Fred Ward. Entertaining but sad. Fred Ward is funny however. Has several actors you see in Vice and lots of Miami locations. I had just watched the movie again since it was on MGM's HD channel. I noticed on this thread that no one had found it so I just noodled around Coral Gables, an area I'm pretty familiar with. First is a screen cap from the movie, then a shot from Google Earth. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1