Which version of "Tubbs and Valerie" is your favorite?

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

The first version in "Rites of Passage", the 2nd version featuring more of Jan Hammer's keytar in "The Prodigal Son", or the official version released on both "Escape From Television" in 1987 and "Miami Vice: The Complete Collection" in 2002?[ATTACH=CONFIG]7135[/ATTACH]

Do you have a link to the first (t.v.) version? I have the Album version.Speaking of which, I was just listening to 'Gina'. That's some silky smooth synth right there.

The TV versions are the best. PRODIGAL SON did a great job using it. I really liked the variations of it like when Crockett and Tubbs drive at night to try and stop Valerie from killing the bad guy in RITES OF PASSAGE. Even had a type of synth violin in that piece near the begining. Wonderful sound of the sequencer! Also used in PRODIGAL SON in the last gun battle and when Crockett shoots down the helicopter. PRODIGAL SON used a variation well too when the lead melody was not used, and the underscore of the song is used when Tubbs, at night watches Frank Sacco's limmo drives up, picks up Frank, then drives off, and he goes up stairs and asks Valerie, "Forgot how to use the phone?" That's a great variation of it.The closest to the TV version of TUBBS AND VALERIE is the long version 12" single version of the song. The longer version uses great "JAN HAMMER SOUND" guitar bending in there that isn't in the ESCAPE FROM TELEVISION CD version. There is actually three different TUBBS AND VALERIE versions available to the consumer. 1. is the album version that we already know2. is on the 12" single album that starts differently.3. is the 12" extended single (my favorite consumer version)

I think the best version is "The Prodigal Son" version. I also like the "Rites Of Passage" version, but I also love the album version as well. I really wish JH would release either one!

I think the best version is "The Prodigal Son" version. I also like the "Rites Of Passage" version' date=' but I also love the album version as well. I really wish JH would release either one![/quote']It may happen one day.....but not anytime soon. :cry:

• 5 months later...

I wonder if JH will release some more of the unreleased gems from the show - he still has many many scores unreleased.:thumbsup::D

• 9 months later...

Yeah I'm with coop&burnett, the extended version (from the 12" and i believe a cd single as well) is the best, it's got a nice keytar middle section

Yes definately the extended ( !2' /Cd ) has a great bluesy mid section which co-incidentally sounded like that in "The Prodigal Son" epsiode. :D  :fireworks:

• Like 1