Episode #88 "A Bullet For Crockett"

Ferrariman

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

One my favorites from season 4.Not much original material but I thought it was put together nicely.10 for me.

• Like 1

Posted: February 01 2008 The first 10 min. of this episode is the only original story line. The best thing about it is that it shows how the care, concern & commaraderie between the OCB team developed,through the clips of the previous episodes. One thing that was real phony: When Crockett was shot, he falls head first onto the train tracks & didn't get any broken bones or bruises?? I rate it a 7/10 for the memories it revived.

• Like 2

Guest neworder

Clearly after blowing the budget on the Missing Hours special effects they ran out of money and had to make this clip show to make it a full 22ep season.Since I never watched the original run as I wasn't alive, this episode seems pointless to me in the world of DVD's and YouTube. Yes as already stated, some parts of the episode are nicely put together, but montages like the one's in this ep are common place nowadays and made just as well by fans on youtube. In addition Gina was irritating as per usual. Overall I give it a 5/10 to show my appreciation for it's relevance back in the day, but today it's a complete waste of time watching it.

To me this ep has one of the best ep starter!The way the music and actions on screen come together!The flashbacks are great to watch. Just realized once again what a great serie MV still is.As for the story line in this ep. I don't like the way the story line is written c.q. played out, The flashbacks are well placed but the storyline of the here and now is a bit weak at some places. I would have liked to see more emotion coming out of Tubss. Also I truly mist the Caitlin link. A sorry excuus to say she is in the air. At least she should have had a scene getting the phone call that Sonny was shot to put some extra emotion in to the ep.On the acting part I liked the expression on LT Castillo's face when he is taking of his operation hat ( do not know if this is the right expression) off when talking to Gina out side the operation room.Altogether a 8 from me.

• Administrators

nice episode...but the medical equipments all wrong!

+1 on that.After almost 19 years of working in hospitals, I gotta love the scenes where they are supposed to be in one with real medical equipment in use.The best one for me was Lombard when he was shot and in that 80's futuristic looking hospital room that I've never seen before or after! :D
  • Like 1

There's not much for me to say about this episode, to truly understand anything from the flashbacks you would have had to follow the entire series so for anyone who didn't catch Season One but watched this when it first ran would have been left clueless, the overall purpose of this episode is truly questionable.I give it a 4.

• Like 1

I easily give this episode a full 10. Although it had only bits of new montage at the beginning and in between flashbacks, that opening was stellar and this ep brought the show back into its original form along with Jan Hammer's scores, wich I found it strayed from for awhile in season 4. Simply one of the best episodes for me.

• Administrators

I loved the blood spot in the center of Sonny's chest from the .380 he got shot with but Mendez had no gaping holes or any blood on his bare chest from the three shots from Sonny's .45 :)I know, I know, censorship of the day. :rolleyes:Eingefügtes Bild

Or: 'So It's Come To This. A Miami Vice Clip Show' Sonny gets shot and is in a coma and, in the words of Grampa Simpson, comas are like one of those TV shows where they show a bunch of clips from old episodes. Very good opening(even though Sonny's hair changed length during the car ride) that led nicely to the incorporation of the clips. The 'bullet with your name on it' scene from Evan was a good clip to start on after Sonny got shot. The clip selection was excellent, apart from Tubbs thinking back to a season 3 speedboat chase. How was that a pivotal moment in their relationship and the show's history? I especially liked it when Switek saw the drip in Sonny's arm and he thought back to when he found Zito with a needle in his arm. Thankfully no Caitlin apart from one clip and it was actually made good by the fact it had 'Don't Dream It's Over' by Crowded House. Tubbs and Castillo looked comical in the hospital scrubs. Then Saundra overdid it as always with a dreadful crying scene. The 'Smuggler's Blues' montage was good and then the unsurprising ending. We knew Sonny wasn't a goner. He miraculously pulled through. Not an actual episode per se but as far as clip shows go it's a pretty good one. 7.5/10

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It could have been great.That whole montage filler felt useless to me. It started well. I liked the flashback with Evan but then I realized I was not going to learn anything new about the story line.The actual real acting scenes in between the clips from previous episodes felt like a dressed rehearsal on a Sunday before the real shooting week.Again, it could have been great. I wished we had learn some crazy secret like Evan was Calderone half brother or Sonny's dad was a cop turned drug dealer, Gina's mom was in the mafia, etc.thxJ.

• 3 months later...

I liked it a lot, 10 from me :-)even though I knew he will survive I was still worried and then relieved when the doctor said be was gonna be alright. I saw this for the first time in 20 years so it was easy for me to get lost in the moment :)I liked the flashbacks, kinda "best of sonny" and I liked how the flashbacks changed to the lighter and funny ones after the doctor came. I agree, Gina sucked, but I liked Izzy here, thought that was really nice of him. I didnt miss Caitlin, was glad she didn't show up but I think they should have called Caroline, after all she is the mother of his son. Even though I love Sonny I must say that getting shot was his own fault, a little stupid of him. Would have been better if he'd gotten shot in a more dangerous sitiuation. Anyways, I'm just glad he's alright.. :D

• 1 year later...

Everyone else has covered this splendidly.These days a clip show is common place in a successful tv show-but apart from the awesome music thanks to the flashbacks-i would have been annoyed about staying in on a friday night back in the day to watch this-sorely dissapointed.Still the start was good....besides two professional cops slacking off and not bothering to check in on the girl accomplice lol(at least tubbs mentioned this to castillio).Anyways ill be generous and give it a 7-just for some of the classic montage pieces.

First thing forgive my abbreviation of OMG its maybe a bit tacky but just need to write that.Its surprising this episode comes up today on the thread.Well I voted it a 10 and you know what's strange I can't even watch this episode over and over like others.Every time I see Sonny or Rico hurt.I feel for them so deeply and hits me in the emotional side.This episode hit me HARD that's for sure after seeing this screenshot again.I think the acting superb and seeing some of the past scenes like Evan is fantastic so that's why I voted it a 10.I think I am going to try to sit down and watch this episode without falling apart.
  • Like 1

First thing forgive my abbreviation of OMG its maybe a bit tacky but just need to write that.Its surprising this episode comes up today on the thread.Well I voted it a 10 and you know what's strange I can't even watch this episode over and over like others.Every time I see Sonny or Rico hurt.I feel for them so deeply and hits me in the emotional side.This episode hit me HARD that's for sure after seeing this screenshot again.I think the acting superb and seeing some of the past scenes like Evan is fantastic so that's why I voted it a 10.I think I am going to try to sit down and watch this episode without falling apart.

Alleycat - YOUR THOUGHTS ARE MY THOUGHTS!Okay... I also have voted it a 10 !There will be enough member who would share this vote in no case.I have watched this episode last year for the first time.yes yes - I have stopped with Season 3 in the 80s => :birdie:....As I saw this scene I was sitting there and have felt what you have written!It has hit me on the emotional side ! :eek::cry:Only to know and still see the rest of Season 4 and Season 5 in DVD at my livingroom table has calmed me.:):)I simply love all these reviews in this episode. Believe me I have watched last year all episodes in a few weeks and still I could found in these reviews some small details of scenes I have had already forgotten.It is to me one of the most emotional episodes of all.:thumbsup::clap::happy::cry:

Personally I like this episode...I started watching the original run here in the UK during season 3 so when this episode aired I was hooked and loved the flashbacks!It was like the montage from Freefall, I used to watch it over and over and couldnt wait for re-runs..........but they never came :(Not the best Vice episode but still a great watch 10 from me ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A bullet for crockettNot good 3/10 i mean you Know he'd live it's not like the main character would Die before the show ended and i hate in the air tonight. Good Things were angel montepina was hot and i liked the opening shootout(other than in the air tonight) approaches if not in my bottom 10 episodes

• 1 month later...

I don't hate this episode...but I don't love it either. It's obviously a "filler" and possibly one filmed where Don Johnson didn't have to be there much.You get to see all the cool action and music scenes from seasons past, in the flashbacks...but there's no real major captivating plot, other than Crockett is shot and the OCB team is reminiscing about past experiences with him.Of course he lives, so we can have a 5th season :p , and that's about all there is to it. To be honest...my favorite part of the whole episode is where even Izzy shows up to see how Sonny was doing, and he has his moment of remembrance with Crockett. Then he and Stan shake hands and hug at the end when of Course Sonny lives. That really did show the care and love that even 'ol Izz had for him and the OCB team. :clap:Overall, nothing memorable or that awesome. Not a terrible episode by any means...but not a great or captivating one either. I gave it a 5.