Is this acceptable for an undershirt?

BlueAir

I want to have some nice colorful sets of blazers,pants,and shoes for me to wear around but I have this question.I like to have a pink undershirt like the one DJ has on in the sites top banner.I've been looking around on ebay to look for the right one till I found this.The question is that is this a good one to have?Any better examples suggested from you all would be most appreciated.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Multi-Button-Design-Slim-Fit-Cotton-T-Shirt-Tops-7color-XS-L-FREE-SHIPPING-/370596105012?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=640024596220&hash=item56493fcb34#ht_1866wt_868

It's a cool shirt, but it won't look like the henley 3 button shirt that Crockett wears. The buttons will remain buttoned, and look like a V-neck shirt, unbuttoned, it will be open in the middle of your chest. Also, it's a hot pink, so it will not look like the pastel colors crockett wears. If you want it as a tribute, or in the general style that reminds one of MIAMI VICE, then this would be o.k..

they do seem like they could work, but they seem very S1. During S2 he used colors that were abit more bright but yet still pale and tropical. S3 saw him using darker overcoats and windbreakers mixed in with tropical pale colors for the undershirts which I really liked personallythat and I'm starting to think that the button up shirts just look more professional and adult on Crockett, I think he had a few during S3 and I'm just kind of thinking I should go the same way.Of blue, green, yellow and black hues mostly I think for S3 along with a bizzare purple one he had mixed in with blue and white and mint green.man purple and mint green were not crocketts colors.

I don't know you, so don't think I'm assuming anything by the following comments. They're just my personal view on wearing pink.Sonny could pull it off because of his character, he's an A type personality guy. If you're going to wear a pink shirt, you gotta have the same disposition, maybe you do IDK. What I mean is don't sit with your legs crossed at the knees kinda thing. Act a little more man'ish' than you normally do if you're gonna wear pink in the same way that you act more professional when you're wearing a suit to a dinner. Pink demands an overcorrection. Be less clean, if that makes sense to you, be rougher around the edges. A lot of guys can pull it off. You just can't be a shy kinda guy, you have to be the top dog of the group, the risk taker, the care free, and you gotta be able to take the harassment you may get, and then dish it right back without being a rear. Like how sonny takes the criticism in stride in the pilot when he's wearing that black shirt. Plus you have to have a good excuse to wear a color outside the norm. Be prepared with a joke or some kind of clever excuse. We've talked about the color pink several times at this site.Yeah it's an okay shirt. A bit on the bold side though, I mean bold as in the Deep V-neck style. Deep V on a man is kinda a 'get away with' in summer thing only.

Actually it just occurred to me the colors I like from S3 kind of line up with the scarab's color scheme weirdly.Sorry just had to share as I just made the connection.

Thanks for all the advice.I was looking around in the forum and in the General section there is this thread about trying to find Henley shirts and saw this link.http://bit.ly/qwZndTUnfortunetly they don't have one in pink and it is a Deutsche version of ebay.I'll try finding these very shirts somewhere else.I wouldn't mind having that turquoise one.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the idea of just getting a plain white henley shirt and dye it pink.It would be a cool way of making your own Vice henley.Im trying to get as much Vice style shirts as possible for more combinations for wearing a blazer.

Guest myonlyvice

I got the idea of just getting a plain white henley shirt and dye it pink.It would be a cool way of making your own Vice henley.Im trying to get as much Vice style shirts as possible for more combinations for wearing a blazer.

I was going to suggest this exactly. I've done it already' date=' with great success. Target sells white, 3-button henleys that are really nice. The main difference between them and the ones Sonny wore is the buttons on the Target shirts are a bit higher and closer together. I used some pink "Rit" dye and it turned out [i']beautifully. This spring I'm gonna make me a yellow one, a blue one, and a green one (like the one he wore in "Definitely Miami"), all pastel of course. Let me know if you have any questions.

• 3 months later...
I don't know you' date=' so don't think I'm assuming anything by the following comments. They're just my personal view on wearing pink.Sonny could pull it off because of his character, he's an A type personality guy. If you're going to wear a pink shirt, you gotta have the same disposition, maybe you do IDK. What I mean is don't sit with your legs crossed at the knees kinda thing. Act a little more man'ish' than you normally do if you're gonna wear pink in the same way that you act more professional when you're wearing a suit to a dinner. Pink demands an overcorrection. Be less clean, if that makes sense to you, be rougher around the edges. A lot of guys can pull it off. You just can't be a shy kinda guy, you have to be the top dog of the group, the risk taker, the care free, and you gotta be able to take the harassment you may get, and then dish it right back without being a rear. Like how sonny takes the criticism in stride in the pilot when he's wearing that black shirt. Plus you have to have a good excuse to wear a color outside the norm. Be prepared with a joke or some kind of clever excuse. We've talked about the color pink several times at this site.Yeah it's an okay shirt. A bit on the bold side though, I mean bold as in the Deep V-neck style. Deep V on a man is kinda a 'get away with' in summer thing only.[/quote']I have to put in my two cents worth. I wear pink t shirts with my white blazer and have a favorite LeTigre 80s polo shirt which is also pink. Being in Nevada I play poker a lot. I have noticed 2 other players who I frequently compete against also have the exact LeTigre shirt. None of us have gotten weird stares or comments. In fact I have been told I am the best dressed guy in the poker room when I wear my Vice clothing! What is amazing is how confident I feel when I dress up like it is 1986.