Going to add some Vice to my style

BlueAir

After doing some looking around and researching I am going to have the Miami Vice look.Ever since I saw Duran Duran's video of Rio with them wearing colorful blazers on that boat a few years ago I thought "Wow,that is a nice look!".When I started watching Miami Vice when I was 17 in 2010 I watched and admired.Now I made my first step in getting that look by buying this blazer.http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stylish-Mens-Casual-Slim-fit-Suit-One-Button-Blazer-Coat-Jacket-4-Colors-/321016308653?pt=US_CSA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&var=510086907434&hash=item4abe1023adIts a slimmer fit than what Crockett and Tubbs would wear but it will do nicely.They have four colors light blue,light pink,light green,and white.I got the light blue one because its a nice color and plan on getting the white one for my birthday.Now for the pastel shirt I will buy a pink one from here and get a blue one when I get the white blazer.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blank-T-Shirts-100-Cotton-Plain-Tee-S-M-L-XL-2X-3X-Pastel-Colors-Heavyweight-/380435828106?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=650046696054&hash=item5893be0d8aFor shoes I am going to go for these Vans.http://www.ebay.com/itm/VANS-CLASSIC-SLIP-ON-True-White-Core-Basic-Canvas-Men-/250986875931?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=550088674464&hash=item3a6ffbcc1bAs for pants I could see myself wearing this stuff with jeans but I am going to find white jeans.To complete the look I'll throw this one in.http://www.ebay.com/itm/80s-RETRO-GLOSSY-Black-WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-SUPER-DARK-LENS-SHADES-Free-Pouch-/280937602911?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item41692f9f5f

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved my pastel shirts from the one I listed in my previous post.Despite it being from Oregon it was delivered fast!It was ordered a couple days ago and was recieved here in Ohio in from then to now.I got light blue and cotton candy pink in medium size for around $7.00 each.They are a good fit and material.The neat part is it is made Haiti which Miami has plenty of culture and influence from.I would post pics but it is already wrapped up for Christmas:oThe light blue slim fit blazer is on its way and it should be arriving between the 11th-28th.

Just recieved my pastel shirts from the one I listed in my previous post.Despite it being from Oregon it was delivered fast!It was ordered a couple days ago and was recieved here in Ohio in from then to now.I got light blue and cotton candy pink in medium size for around $7.00 each.They are a good fit and material.The neat part is it is made Haiti which Miami has plenty of culture and influence from.I would post pics but it is already wrapped up for Christmas:oThe light blue slim fit blazer is on its way and it should be arriving between the 11th-28th.

Make sure you take pictures after X-mas! Also, wash in cold water, not hot. I shrunk some really great henleys (the same type that crockett wore in season 1&2) and they were too small to wear after that.

Thanks for the tip C&B,I'll be sure to post pics.I also got an early Christmas gift,Miami Vice the board game which is pretty cool.Im thinking about posting pics of some of my '80s clothing style impressions in a sepatate thread.

Thanks for the tip C&B' date='I'll be sure to post pics.I also got an early Christmas gift,Miami Vice the board game which is pretty cool.Im thinking about posting pics of some of my '80s clothing style impressions in a sepatate thread.[/quote']Bring it on! :thumbsup:

hmm the vans classic, more or less what I wear in black except with laces, for the pants you could go to the local JC penny, I found my dark grey, light tan pants there and they should have something along the lines of the pants you seek there.hell they had a line of pastel colored shirts there called the 1986 brand or something, one of which seemed to be a dead ringer for the orange shirt Sonny wore onboard the boat at the end of the Bruce Willis episode.also the stafford shirts seem to really mimic the vice style in a nice way, those are the ones I bought to sort of get a S3 look going while mixing in with my wardrobe to make it seem like a half modern/half tropic vice style.as they have this sort of really nice pattern to them that I really likehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/STAFFORD-PERFORMANCE-V-NECK-TEE-SHIRT-T-SHIRT-TAG-FREE-WHITE-LARGE-RETAIL-16-/330830133467?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&hash=item4d070338dbthat one seems to really mimic the shirt he wore in sons and lovers:Eingefügtes Bild hell the whole stafford line just from the look of it on ebay seems to be vice oriented and this is the purple one I wore with my dark blue coat, seemed to work but it seemed more plumb crazy than the light purple he wore in S3http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MENS-STAFFORD-PERFORMANCE-COTTON-L-S-TAGLESS-CREW-NECK-TEE-SHIRT-PURPLE-S-/370687706414?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&hash=item564eb5852ealso I bought a pair of raybans that seemed like a psudo mix between the Persols and my old raybans which were almost like reading glasses, cant remember the model number as there in the car right nowadditionally if you want to maybe get your hands on maybe some sort of a carrera sunglasses replica for cheap the blueblocker brand has a few like themhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Blueblocker-Sunglasses-with-Black-Metal-Frame-Blu-blocker-Blueblockers-/170831176332?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item27c654e28cthey also have a rayban replica in there lineuphttp://www.ebay.com/itm/WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-Driving-SUNNIES-BLACK-FRAME-HIGH-CONTRAST-BLUE-BLOCKER-LENS-/281037312935?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item416f2113a7just be warned that they sometimes have a rough feel to them on the stems, and might need a little sanding.need to do that to the ones I have on the left one, the mold is a little rough.

Im going to try to get me a plain white sleeveless shirt and dye it in the shade of blue like the one Crockett wore in Brothers Keeper.Im getting me some henleys and sleeveless shirt and color them in blue,pink,and yellow,maybe in purple and orange.On the blue henley Im going to switch the buttons with darker blue ones just like Crocketts.

Im going to try to get me a plain white sleeveless shirt and dye it in the shade of blue like the one Crockett wore in Brothers Keeper.Im getting me some henleys and sleeveless shirt and color them in blue' date='pink,and yellow,maybe in purple and orange.On the blue henley Im going to switch the buttons with darker blue ones just like Crocketts.[/quote']Man, your going all out!! :thumbsup:

Im thinking about posting pics of some of my '80s clothing style impressions in a sepatate thread.

I'll take that back.Im just going to post them right here because I have such a limited amount of clothes for that style.Heres a purple Stafford dress shirt with a light blue Aeropostale polo shirt underneath it.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7263&d=1355362057

I'll take that back.Im just going to post them right here because I have such a limited amount of clothes for that style.Heres a purple Stafford dress shirt with a light blue Aeropostale polo shirt underneath it.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7263&d=1355362057

Nice color combination.

Its all the Vice I can muster till Christmas.The New Wave and Miami Vice style is what I like compared to everything else.If its pastels or bright colors its fine by me.Another good thing about watching Miami Vice is that I can find some clothing ideas.Im planning on getting some brightly colored skinny ties (like pink,apple green,light blue,ect.) to add to clothing combos like the one I posted.Skinny ties on ebay go for at least a few dollars and in many colors.When Chrismas comes I will post more pics.

Its all the Vice I can muster till Christmas.The New Wave and Miami Vice style is what I like compared to everything else.If its pastels or bright colors its fine by me.Another good thing about watching Miami Vice is that I can find some clothing ideas.Im planning on getting some brightly colored skinny ties (like pink' date='apple green,light blue,ect.) to add to clothing combos like the one I posted.Skinny ties on ebay go for at least a few dollars and in many colors.When Chrismas comes I will post more pics.[/quote']I own a rainbow of colors when it comes to my skinny ties. I have tons. 99% of mine are vintage 80's. I love them.

I own a rainbow of colors when it comes to my skinny ties. I have tons. 99% of mine are vintage 80's. I love them.

Sweet!The Chinese seem to have many accsessories that I can add to my Miami Vice/New Wave look cheap.Im tempted in getting the silk hankerchiefs (for the blazer pocket for the gentlemanly look:))that are Buy it Now for $0.99 a piece!In the pastel colors of course,theres no such thing as "too much pastel".

by the way just looking up the number for my sunglasses its the Raybans rb 3269 modelhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RAY-BAN-Sunglasses-Matte-Black-Frame-RB-3269-006-G-15-Glass-Lenses-/110989822720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d7824b00which kind of reminds me of the persols with thinner stems on the side and a thinner nose bridgeEingefügtes Bildand I used Cooper And Burnett's little trick to remove the white ray ban labeling on the lens there. mind you I kind of wish I had gone more for this lense colorhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Ray-Ban-Active-Lifestyle-RB3269-014-57-Brown-Crystal-Brown-Polarized-63mm-/221099241064?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item337a8aae68as the lenses I think in the screen worn raybans was actually like a matt red like that, so it didnt reflect the camera crew and the backdrop back into the film, although for the daytona blowing up scene I believe they were regular persols as to reflect the explosion off of them.and I went for those instead of the persols and the wayfarers because well they dont suit my face too well, those do however so if that turns out to be the case for you too atleast you have a fallback and ironically alone they dont look very vice like but on my face they really do remind me of how the persols look on him.come to think of it I think with Tubbs he used that color scheme with the clothing there you posted but introverted, the shirt color was the suit color and vice versa.

Had a Vice style going today when I hung out with my friend today.I had a mostly white American Outfitter button down shirt on with a JC Penny lilac polo underneath.Went to Burger King,not many people around to show it off.I put my aviators on when we were ready to leave there and then he said "Dude,you look like Miami Vice right there!" (how he knows about the Vice look Im not so sure but I did mention the show to him a couple of times).It was dark so when we were driving home I couldn't resist leaning up to see the reflection of lights off his hood and then he said "What are you doing?".Not a bad day just eating BK,driving into town with a friend,and feeling like Crockett:cool:

Had a Vice style going today when I hung out with my friend today.I had a mostly white American Outfitter button down shirt on with a JC Penny lilac polo underneath.Went to Burger King' date='not many people around to show it off.I put my aviators on when we were ready to leave there and then he said "Dude,you look like Miami Vice right there!" (how he knows about the Vice look Im not so sure but I did mention the show to him a couple of times).It was dark so when we were driving home I couldn't resist leaning up to see the reflection of lights off his hood and then he said "What are you doing?".Not a bad day just eating BK,driving into town with a friend,and feeling like Crockett:cool:[/quote']Tonight.....you were Crockett.

by the way just looking up the number for my sunglasses its the Raybans rb 3269 modelhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RAY-BAN-Sunglasses-Matte-Black-Frame-RB-3269-006-G-15-Glass-Lenses-/110989822720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d7824b00which kind of reminds me of the persols with thinner stems on the side and a thinner nose bridgeEingefügtes Bildand I used Cooper And Burnett's little trick to remove the white ray ban labeling on the lens there. mind you I kind of wish I had gone more for this lense colorhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Ray-Ban-Active-Lifestyle-RB3269-014-57-Brown-Crystal-Brown-Polarized-63mm-/221099241064?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item337a8aae68as the lenses I think in the screen worn raybans was actually like a matt red like that' date=' so it didnt reflect the camera crew and the backdrop back into the film, although for the daytona blowing up scene I believe they were regular persols as to reflect the explosion off of them.and I went for those instead of the persols and the wayfarers because well they dont suit my face too well, those do however so if that turns out to be the case for you too atleast you have a fallback and ironically alone they dont look very vice like but on my face they really do remind me of how the persols look on him.come to think of it I think with Tubbs he used that color scheme with the clothing there you posted but introverted, the shirt color was the suit color and vice versa.[/quote']I like your Ray Bans Kavinsky. :thumbsup:

I like your Ray Bans Kavinsky. :thumbsup:

Thanks, it kind of funny how the style of vice is sort of more like a philosophy and can keep evolving based on the times based on the users preference and the influence they took away from the show.you know you can take influence from all of the seasons be it the 84 one or the 89', kind of shows that despite the bad episodes and Dick wolfs influence even in the later seasons the show was still very influential.

Thanks' date=' it kind of funny how the style of vice is sort of more like a philosophy and can keep evolving based on the times based on the users preference and the influence they took away from the show.you know you can take influence from all of the seasons be it the 84 one or the 89', kind of shows that despite the bad episodes and Dick wolfs influence even in the later seasons the show was still very influential.[/quote']Exactly. I agree.

Thanks' date=' it kind of funny how the style of vice is sort of more like a philosophy and can keep evolving based on the times based on the users preference and the influence they took away from the show.you know you can take influence from all of the seasons be it the 84 one or the 89', kind of shows that despite the bad episodes and Dick wolfs influence even in the later seasons the show was still very influential.[/quote']Its amazing how a TV series like Miami Vice can have an impact on my taste in lifestyle.I guess the lifestyle of the show appeals to me very much.Its just one of those shows that you can easily base your lifestyle with it.Plus it is an easier way for me to connect with a period of time that I was born too late to see a year of that decade.Its one of those shows that everyone is going to find cool in some way.