Porsche 944 in Auction, purported to be driven by DJ in MV

Sonny-Burnett

Originally thought this was from the beginning of Forgive Us Our Debts but now know is not so. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Premium-Sports-Car-/130809605691?item=130809605691&ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123&forcev4exp=true[ATTACH=CONFIG]7187[/ATTACH]The Jacket purportedly worn by Crockett as well as an autographed photo are included and the provenance of a letter from a location coordinator seems to be legit. Nice Michael Mann letterhead on the letter.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7186[/ATTACH]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Sonny-Burnett

• Ferrariman

• 80'sRule

Here are the photos of the Jacket purportedly worn by DJ and photo of him wearing same included with the car.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7192[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7189[/ATTACH]

post-36-1389296506934_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892965069902_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hey Coop! Looks like someone's been raiding your collection! ;)The Porsche isn't ringing any bells. Does anyone remember DJ driving it in an episode?

Hey Coop! Looks like someone's been raiding your collection! ;)The Porsche isn't ringing any bells. Does anyone remember DJ driving it in an episode?

See my first post, F-man. I think it was the beginning of Forgive Us our Debts.

• Administrators

Saw it but I'm pretty sure the one in "Forgive Us Our Debts" was a 1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa. Same as the one buried at the beginning of "Definitely Miami"Eingefügtes Bild

Saw it but I'm pretty sure the one in "Forgive Us Our Debts" was a 1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa. Same as the one buried at the beginning of "Definitely Miami"http://www.miamivice.info/screenshots/thumbnails/deliver01.jpg

Now that's interesting. I just saw the screen cap in the Glossary and you're right...the body in 'Forgive/Deliver' is different than this 944. The headlights are fixed and raised but the 944's are retractible. I sent the seller a message asking if he knew where it was driven by DJ. Maybe not so legit after all? Hmm, I could not recall another instance of Sonny in a Porsche. ?(

Here are the photos of the Jacket purportedly worn by DJ and photo of him wearing same included with the car.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7192[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7189[/ATTACH]
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....1. The photo of DJ is not the same as the jacket that he says he has. They are two different jackets. One looks to be linen' date=' and the one in the photo is leather.2. I own the leather jacket from the photoshoot that DJ is wearing.So' date=' "Hey guy who's selling this Porche,...put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!" :)P.S. The letterhead doesn't match any of the ones I have. Michael Mann's letterhead is certainly different, as is another letter I own from the production company. Say, just where does Crockett drive a [u'']RED porsche anyway???Perhpas someone can write him and ask him which episode exactly this car was seen in MIAMI VICE, if he can't answer this simple question, then this is all bogus in my opinion.-COOP

After F-Man debunked the model of the car, and no one else could think of an ep the car was used in, I did send the Seller a note and asked him if he knew which ep the car was used in. Here's the reply:" Well honestly I don't know exactly which episode but being that it was his car I am sure it was in quite a few no doubt. This car runs awesome and is fun to drive. Still gets lots of attention even though it's almost 30 years old. "So this tells me a few things: he has not watched Vice much or at all, certainly he should know that "his car" was either a Daytona or Testa. And if I owned a piece of the show's history, I would attempt to know every single bit of info about it and certainly what eps it was used in. His vague answer gives me zero comfort. So then I decided to look closer at the autograph of DJ on the photo, and as I own a number of authentic DJ autographed photos it is clear to me this is not Don Johnson's signature either. And then the jacket not matching up to the photo as well.Conclusion: BOGUS

• Administrators

Of course he's bogus. When would Michael Mann ever let Crockett drive a red car?! Answer - NEVER! Send that guy another note and give him our link if he wants a lesson about Vice. As Coop has said in numerous posts, all the experts are here! In other words, we can't be scammed!

Of course he's bogus. When would Michael Mann ever let Crockett drive a red car?! Answer - NEVER! Send that guy another note and give him our link if he wants a lesson about Vice. As Coop has said in numerous posts' date=' all the experts are here! In other words, we can't be scammed![/quote']Damn straight brother!

Of course he's bogus. When would Michael Mann ever let Crockett drive a red car?! Answer - NEVER! Send that guy another note and give him our link if he wants a lesson about Vice. As Coop has said in numerous posts' date=' all the experts are here! In other words, we can't be scammed![/quote']Well paint color can be changed so I gave him a pass on that one. But not body style.As to sending him here I instead did one better...I filed a listing violation on Ebay. I don't like scammers, as you already know. :evil:

Originally thought this was from the beginning of Forgive Us Our Debts but now know is not so. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Premium-Sports-Car-/130809605691?item=130809605691&ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123&forcev4exp=true[ATTACH=CONFIG]7187[/ATTACH]The Jacket purportedly worn by Crockett as well as an autographed photo are included and the provenance of a letter from a location coordinator seems to be legit. Nice Michael Mann letterhead on the letter.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7186[/ATTACH]

According to my 1987 listing on staff and crew, the Location Coordinator was Pandee Rosen, not "Gary Ackerman". So was he replaced the following year? I'm guessing it's bogus.

• Administrators
As to sending him here I instead did one better...I filed a listing violation on Ebay. I don't like scammers' date=' as you already know. :evil:[/quote']lol excellent! I also sent him a message telling him to get his facts straight. That makes 2 of us that have called him out now. Wanna bet the add is pulled before they even see your listing violation?We've all seen these bogus listings before. The guy probably has a spare Scarab in his garage for sale too.

lol excellent! I also sent him a message telling him to get his facts straight. That makes 2 of us that have called him out now. Wanna bet the add is pulled before they even see your listing violation?

I'll let him know that I own the jacket in the photo! :D

lol excellent! I also sent him a message telling him to get his facts straight. That makes 2 of us that have called him out now. Wanna bet the add is pulled before they even see your listing violation?We've all seen these bogus listings before. The guy probably has a spare Scarab in his garage for sale too.

LOL. I just sent him a note through Ebay as well and told him the same thing. As to pulling his listing we'll have to see. They pulled miamispyder's listings pretty fast when I reported him...but I had a long history of reporting his cars.

I'll let him know that I own the jacket in the photo! :D

Now THAT's FUNNY. What can he possibly say to that?ROTFL.

Now THAT's FUNNY. What can he possibly say to that?ROTFL.
I sent him a pretty detailed letter as to why this car was NOT in Miami Vice' date=' [u']including that I own the suede leather blazer! :D:clap:I doubt he'll respond, but if he does, I'll post it!

• Administrators

Here's what I wrote to him:Dear yourfavoritejeweler, Not so much a question as a statement. Sonny Crockett NEVER drove a red Porsche or a red anything in "Miami Vice" The one Porsche he did drive was a 1978 911 Targa. Get your facts straight. Uh...you did know that Sonny Crockett was Don Johnson's character name...right?

Here's what I wrote to him:Dear yourfavoritejeweler' date=' Not so much a question as a statement. Sonny Crockett NEVER drove a red Porsche or a red anything in "Miami Vice" The one Porsche he did drive was a 1978 911 Targa. Get your facts straight. Uh...you did know that Sonny Crockett was Don Johnson's character name...right?[/quote']OMG! ROTFL!!!!! :D:D:D:clap:

Here's what I wrote to him:Dear yourfavoritejeweler' date=' Not so much a question as a statement. Sonny Crockett NEVER drove a red Porsche or a red anything in "Miami Vice" The one Porsche he did drive was a 1978 911 Targa. Get your facts straight. Uh...you did know that Sonny Crockett was Don Johnson's character name...right?[/quote']Nice one! I found this banner on his linkedin profile: "Are you looking for a rock star district manager or regional manager? Click here!!"So now we know he's not just trying to slick-sell cars.

Nice one! I found this banner on his linkedin profile: "Are you looking for a rock star district manager or regional manager? Click here!!"So now we know he's not just trying to slick-sell cars.

He has 100% positive feedback. However, he's wrong on this one.

He has 100% positive feedback. However' date=' he's wrong on this one.[/quote']So did miamispyders (have 100% feedback) for awhile. And then after he got some negative ratings he would close his account and use another that he had previously opened. He had at least 4 going that I knew of. In this case I do not believe this was unintentional, especially since more than just the car were at issue. A forged autograph, a coat that doesn't match the photo, someone who originally bought a vaulable piece of show history but yet can't explain any details about it?And apparently the doctored MM letter? No, there are way too many discrepancies here for me to believe this was unintentional.

So did miamispyders (have 100% feedback) for awhile. And then after he got some negative ratings he would close his account and use another that he had previously opened. He had at least 4 going that I knew of. In this case I do not believe this was unintentional' date=' especially since more than just the car were at issue. A forged autograph, a coat that doesn't match the photo, someone who originally bought a vaulable piece of show history but yet can't explain any details about it?And apparently the doctored MM letter? No, there are way too many discrepancies here for me to believe this was unintentional.[/quote']Choogotitmaing!

• Administrators

That letter head could have easily been saved as a screenshot from the end of almost any episode and stretched out to look professional. Nice try. Coop do you have a pic of a real MM letter head? Yeah I know, stupid question! :birdie:

That letter head could have easily been saved as a screenshot from the end of almost any episode and stretched out to look professional. Nice try. Coop do you have a pic of a real MM letter head? Yeah I know' date=' stupid question! :birdie:[/quote']Yes. Give me a sec to post it.