• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Sonny-Burnett

• Ferrariman

• 80'sRule

Did anyone else notice that the letter is dated '1986' but the body of the letter indicates that Vice ran from 1984 - 1989?I'm very interested how Ackerman knew in 1986 that the Vice would conclude in 1989.

Did anyone else notice that the letter is dated '1986' but the body of the letter indicates that Vice ran from 1984 - 1989?I'm very interested how Ackerman knew in 1986 that the Vice would conclude in 1989.

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :dance2:

Great catch on the date..I could hardly read the letter so I missed it. A pretty stupid blunder if you're forging a letter. :)I must be losing my influence with Ebay as the listing is still there. Anyone else want to report him?

Great catch on the date..I could hardly read the letter so I missed it. A pretty stupid blunder if you're forging a letter. :)I must be losing my influence with Ebay as the listing is still there. Anyone else want to report him?

It's cyber monday, so they may have their hands full today.

I sincerely doubt don would get caught in a volks porsche, the only possibile thing that could be true is maybe at one point it was considered during the pilot and even then you'd need proof it was in Miami around that time. as there was a mention in the pilot script about him driving a porsche but a 944? that doesnt fit at all.the closest Don has been to a porsche beside the 911 was the 959 that Hammond on top gear said he supposedly owned. How he knows that I dont know.

Hot Damn! We have a fortune teller on Ebay! :D

The leesting' date=' senor, she is gone now. Hasta la vista, baby. :)[/quote']Really maing? Choo think it was because of something we said? ;)

• Administrators

Really maing? Choo think it was because of something we said? ;)

Oh I definitely hope so! Good work gentlemen! :thumbsup:

Really maing? Choo think it was because of something we said? ;)

Si.. el gringo ...he got cold feet or was loco in la cabeza for tinking he could fool us on dees site, no?Albondegas!!

Maybe the seller made a big mistake. I think he normally wanted to sell it as the "16 candles" 944. ;)"Click me"

Yeah he was probably just confused. :)or maybe he meant this one from the film Easy A.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7198[/ATTACH]

post-36-13892965097106_thumb.jpg

Yeah he was probably just confused. :)or maybe he meant this one from the film Easy A.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7198[/ATTACH]

Doesn't explain the forged letter stating that it was from MIAMI VICE, and the jacket that didn't match the photo....That was fraud by design.

Doesn't explain the forged letter stating that it was from MIAMI VICE' date=' and the jacket that didn't match the photo....That was fraud by design.[/quote']Yep and to paraphrase our pal, think we should be feeling like Izzy here. :)These mangs plunges hisself into the murky waters of the underworld... to risk life and limb to try and stem the crime flow... and keep us all from drowning in a cesspool of lawlessness... susussudia!

Interesting that both listings of Daytona replicas on Ebay now say (or imply) they MAY have been used on the TV show:First one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-365-GTB-SPIDER-CONVERTIBLE-CONVERTIBLE-365-GTB-FER-RRI-DAYTONA-SPIDER-365-GTB-/330832638995?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d07297413The owner says"i was told it was 1 of the 4 cars from the tv show miami vice"Second one -http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-ferrari-Ferrari-Corvette-miami-vice-replica-convertabile-/321030050257?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4abee1d1d1The owner says"its the type used on the original Miami Vice series in the 80's according to the previous owner it may be one of the extras from the movie i have no way to verify, although said replicas were built in kingsport tn approx 50 miles from my location. i'v had the oppertunity to show the car to one of the guys who worked for c.a.b. corvettes ( company that built the replicas for the show ) he believed too it may be one of the cars they built as i said i DONT know."I guess that is the way to sell a Daytona replica now.

Interesting that both listings of Daytona replicas on Ebay now say (or imply) they MAY have been used on the TV show:First one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-365-GTB-SPIDER-CONVERTIBLE-CONVERTIBLE-365-GTB-FER-RRI-DAYTONA-SPIDER-365-GTB-/330832638995?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d07297413The owner says"i was told it was 1 of the 4 cars from the tv show miami vice"Second one -http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-ferrari-Ferrari-Corvette-miami-vice-replica-convertabile-/321030050257?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4abee1d1d1The owner says"its the type used on the original Miami Vice series in the 80's according to the previous owner it may be one of the extras from the movie i have no way to verify' date=' although said replicas were built in kingsport tn approx 50 miles from my location. i'v had the oppertunity to show the car to one of the guys who worked for c.a.b. corvettes ( company that built the replicas for the show ) he believed too it may be one of the cars they built as i said i DONT know."I guess that is the way to sell a Daytona replica now.[/quote']I've never heard of c.a.b. corvettes. These scammers never quit do they. They try to con unsuspecting buyers and inflate the value of their cars by attaching some connection to the show. Btw the one listing where the guy talks about his "illness" is recycled from about 3 or 4 years ago when he was selling other cars.I just filed a listing violation on one and see the other listing has ended.

This is getting as bad as the deal with the Vanishing Point Challengers and saying it was used in the original film.what happened was that Chrysler lent out I think two or three cars for the film in 1970. a 383, a 440 with the pistol grip shifter and I think a 340 all of which probably were considerably damaged by the production of the film.and were promptly returned to them at the end of production and the cars provided by credit dropped from the credits as Chrysler didnt want there name associated with the film after viewing it. the catch was that there was a warehouse fire which destroyed the records of what cars were used in the film a couple of years latter and ever since then everyone who's found a white '70 challenger has at some point probably claimed it was the original vanishing point car. even though in all likelyhood all three cars were either scrapped or rebuilt for sale as used models.and I know they jumped one of them and it did not look like a soft landing so that's atleast one that was probably scrapped, might have been the 440 as the 383 seemed to show up the most in the middle of the film while the 440 was only at the start. and it seems Mr Miami Spyders is using the same tactic, even though well he failed to understand key details about the cars. I guess its a good thing he aint too bright and if anyone seeks to do there research about it beforehand we can easily warn them away.

This is getting as bad as the deal with the Vanishing Point Challengers and saying it was used in the original film.what happened was that Chrysler lent out I think two or three cars for the film in 1970. a 383' date=' a 440 with the pistol grip shifter and I think a 340 all of which probably were considerably damaged by the production of the film.and were promptly returned to them at the end of production and the cars provided by credit dropped from the credits as Chrysler didnt want there name associated with the film after viewing it. the catch was that there was a warehouse fire which destroyed the records of what cars were used in the film a couple of years latter and ever since then everyone who's found a white '70 challenger has at some point probably claimed it was the original vanishing point car. even though in all likelyhood all three cars were either scrapped or rebuilt for sale as used models.and I know they jumped one of them and it did not look like a soft landing so that's atleast one that was probably scrapped, might have been the 440 as the 383 seemed to show up the most in the middle of the film while the 440 was only at the start. and it seems Mr Miami Spyders is using the same tactic, even though well he failed to understand key details about the cars. I guess its a good thing he aint too bright and if anyone seeks to do there research about it beforehand we can easily warn them away.[/quote']Hmm, I never knew about this story and can't recall Vanishing Point at the moment. But I must say I never saw one where the Seller went so far out of his way in creating such a scam as with this Porsche 944. I was initially thinking it could be the real thing...photo, jacket used in the show, letter from Mann, etc. But things started unraveling pretty quickly when I posted it in here.I am truly amazed sometimes at the depth of dishonesty that exists out there.