Location resources

CarolineUK

I used this link to check on locations in my own city, Long Beach, CA.  It was fun to see my home, Marina Pacifica in Alamitos Bay, listed as a location.  I knew this was true as I have seen episodes where it was filmed in series ranging from Cannon in the 70’s to CSI Miami in the 2010’s.  Still, it’s fun to see!

I also found many other places around that I frequent, including a local bar that is about to celebrate its 100th anniversary the year after next. I have been going to Joe Jost’s for almost thirty years now, and it’s not only “locally famous”, but I have received comments about my Joe Jost’s shirt all over California when camping and vacationing, and also in Las Vegas and Seattle!

• 5 months later...

CGlide´s site www.miamivicelocations.org is offline.

As he has not been here on the forum since May 2021, but still posting on FB, I am not sure what´s the reason and if he still has any motivation left to deal with MV locations.

This is a nutty situation given the fact that we have found 116 new locations since 2020 and only 8 are missing overall.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

CGlide´s site www.miamivicelocations.org is offline.

It must have been a temporary issue because it's working for me right now.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

Then maybe he turned off access from Central Europe, because I cannot access it from several devices.

19 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Working for me also, would be a shame to lose it.  He did not respond when I brought up the subject of this site on an email. 

Airtommy why don't you try asking him what's goin' on?  I have been communicating with him for years and respect him a lot but have never met him face to face.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Airtommy why don't you try asking him what's goin' on?  I have been communicating with him for years and respect him a lot but have never met him face to face.

15 years ago I spent a day Vicing with him and DanJ.  Other than that, my only communication with him has been on this message board.

• Like 1

@Tom you can reach out to me if I can ever need a reference. I’ll send you screenshots, or whatever you need. 

I also have that entire site downloaded on a flash drive somewhere (sans many updates). 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

@Tom you can reach out to me if I can ever need a reference. I’ll send you screenshots, or whatever you need. 

I also have that entire site downloaded on a flash drive somewhere (sans many updates). 

Thanks, good to know. On my wireless network, his site is not accessible anymore, but on the mobile network it is. Seems that some networks don´t digest his site protocols that are not up to date anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Working for me also, would be a shame to lose it.  He did not respond when I brought up the subject of this site on an email. 

I’ve never met him face to face either but we realized several years ago that we had many of the same “haunting grounds” in SoCal a couple of decades back and would reminisce about them.  The same was true with Cooper & Burnett.  Both of them lived just a few miles south of me, here in Long Beach.  I still think about their absence here sometimes.

The website is available to me also.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...