Remote Control Scarab

67SuperSnake

Hi everyone. I am super excited for this, and so should you guys! This boat is exactly scale and 41 inches long. It looks very promising. Those are the only photos I have as of now. I have sent the owner of the company an email about when they will be available. Does anybody else on this site have Rc boats? I have a couple myself :)Eingefügtes Bild

Scarab 38KVDo you have a link or contact info? That looks like a real scale model.I just bought a Robbe "Lightning 46" which is a re-kit issue of an older Miami Vice edition 38KV Scarab. The boat is smaller at 22' and is electric. I ordered it from the UK. Cost was around $130 shipped to the USA.

Do you have a link or contact info? That looks like a real scale model.I just bought a Robbe "Lightning 46" which is a re-kit issue of an older Miami Vice edition 38KV Scarab. The boat is smaller at 22' and is electric. I ordered it from the UK. Cost was around $130 shipped to the USA.

hprotschi@bluewin.ch is the companies e-mail. I as well have the robbe Lightning kit. I really don't like the electric boats though, so it sits on my shelf. I didn't even paint it like the Miami Vice Scarab.This boat though, I would go all out like on my gas one's and give it a NICE setup.

Well guys I have an update, and it's not a good one. There wasn't enough interest in the Scarab model,so the seller will not be making any more. I am currently bidding for the pilot hull, but I'm at $925 for it right now and I don't think the other guy will give in. I will let you know what happens..

I have one too but its an old model with antiquated electric motors.It puts along very nicely only the batteries won't last more than 5-7 minutes!I would love to switch it over to modern electric motors or even gas power!!! :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]7317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7319[/ATTACH]

post-35-13892965131578_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892965132538_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892965133431_thumb.jpg

That model you showed looks impressive!I would love to get a plug off that one!Might even put a gas engine in that baby as it looks like it could handle it?

@Kavinsky it depends on how big they are and how nice of a setup you want. On one of my builds I ended up spending around 2k just for the transom equipment. That boat looks nice stinger. It would be cool to switch it to modern electric power.Regarding the new Scarab, a 2-stroke couldn't fit. So I think twin electrics would be the only way to go.

@Kavinsky it depends on how big they are and how nice of a setup you want. On one of my builds I ended up spending around 2k just for the transom equipment. That boat looks nice stinger. It would be cool to switch it to modern electric power.Regarding the new Scarab' date=' a 2-stroke couldn't fit. So I think twin electrics would be the only way to go.[/quote']ah, so I guess the people paying Steve Neill here for his workhttp://steveneill.wordpress.com/author/steveneill/

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjEaWDIo8A

must have put down some serious dollars down for it then.

How bout this one : Dumas 55

I haven't been able to find an unbuilt Dumas kit so thats why I don't have one. I never trust other peoples builds. Only company I trust is Bonzi-sports.com. I have had them build 3 boAts for me and I love them

• 1 month later...

I had two of the Dumas boats. One I built and lost it while running it, and the other I had started to build it and got layed off from my job, so I sold it to a friend. I'm not sure he still has it, but I'd like to find out. I really don't think he ever finished it, because it sat for three years after I sold it to him. Then he got upset with me over something stupid, and I lost touch with him.My first one I think I had around $1100 in it. It helps when your brother in law flys model helicopters and airplanes and had a bunch of stuff laying around that he wasn't using. I wish I had pics of that thing. I had a .90 nitro engine in it, and it was pretty quick considering it was over 4 and a half feet long. I had just lost a bid on one on e-bay here recently. I was just testing the waters to see how high it would go and quit bidding after $250. It's to my understanding that Dumas MIGHT have some of the trim pieces left, like the railing kits and things like that. I'd like to have another, cuz it was fun to build and run it.Ripper

• 2 weeks later...
I had two of the Dumas boats. One I built and lost it while running it' date=' and the other I had started to build it and got layed off from my job, so I sold it to a friend. I'm not sure he still has it, but I'd like to find out. I really don't think he ever finished it, because it sat for three years after I sold it to him. Then he got upset with me over something stupid, and I lost touch with him.My first one I think I had around $1100 in it. It helps when your brother in law flys model helicopters and airplanes and had a bunch of stuff laying around that he wasn't using. I wish I had pics of that thing. I had a .90 nitro engine in it, and it was pretty quick considering it was over 4 and a half feet long. I had just lost a bid on one on e-bay here recently. I was just testing the waters to see how high it would go and quit bidding after $250. It's to my understanding that Dumas MIGHT have some of the trim pieces left, like the railing kits and things like that. I'd like to have another, cuz it was fun to build and run it.Ripper[/quote'] I feel you regarding the ebay bidding. None of the Scarabs have all the scale equipment, and about 90% of them have been built in a horrible way. I am looking at getting a custom one off hull built as an exact replica of the 38KV, but I don't know if I trust him in making it look properly scale. Because if I shell out the cash for twin s6 drives and Blata's, I want the hull PERFECT. Spending $7,000+ means it's going to be exactly how I want it. No compromise build in any way is only what a boat like this deserves.