Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

• Administrators
I'm AliveMmmmmmmmmmmmI get wings to flyOh, oh ... Im alive ...YeahWhen you call on meWhen I hear youBreatheI get wings to flyI feel that Im aliveWhen you look at meI can touch the skyI know that Im aliveMmmmm ohhhhh ahhhhhhWhen you blessThe dayI just drift awayAll my worries dieIm glad that imAliveYouve set my heartOn fireFilled me with loveMade me a woman onClouds aboveI couldnt getMuch higherMy spirit takes flightCause I am aliveOhhhhhWhen you call on meWhen you call on meWhen I hear you breatheWhen I hear you breatheI get wings to fly(fly)I feel that Im alive(Im alive)When you reachFor meRaising spirits highGod knows thatThat Ill be the oneStanding byThrough good andThroughTrying timesAnd its only begunI cant wait for theRest of my lifeWhen you call on meWhen you call on meWhen you reach for meWhen you reach for meI get wings to flyI feel thatIm aliveYeahWhen you blessThe dayI just drift awayAll my worries dieI know that Im aliveI getWings to flyGod knows that Im alive

• Administrators
Candle In The WindGoodbye Norma JeanThough I never knew you at allYou had the grace to hold yourselfWhile those around you crawledThey crawled out of the woodworkAnd they whispered into your brainThey set you on the treadmillAnd they made you change your nameAnd it seems to me you lived your lifeLike a candle in the windNever knowing who to cling toWhen the rain set inAnd I would have liked to have known youBut I was just a kidYour candle burned out long beforeYour legend ever didLoneliness was toughThe toughest role you ever playedHollywood created a superstarAnd pain was the price you paidEven when you diedOh the press still hounded youAll the papers had to sayWas that Marilyn was found in the nudeGoodbye Norma JeanFrom the young man in the 22nd rowWho sees you as something more than sexualMore than just our Marilyn Monroe

• Administrators
Goodbye England's Rose Goodbye England's roseMay you ever grow in our heartsYou were the grace that placed itselfWhere lives were torn apartYou called out to our countryAnd you whispered to those in painNow you belong to heavenAnd the stars spell out your nameAnd it seems to me you lived your lifeLike a candle in the windNever fading with the sunset when the rain set inAnd your footsteps will always fall hereAlong England's greenest hillsYour candle's burned out long beforeYour legend ever willLoveliness we've lostThese empty days without your smileThis torch we'll always carryFor our nation's golden childAnd even though we tryThe truth brings us to tearsAll our words cannot expressThe joy you brought us through the yearsAnd it seems to me you lived your lifeLike a candle in the windNever fading with the sunset when the rain set inAnd your footsteps will always fall hereAlong England's greenest hillsYour candle's burned out long beforeYour legend ever willGoodbye England's roseMay you ever grow in our heartsYou were the grace that placed itselfWhere lives were torn apartGoodbye England's roseFrom a country lost without your soulWho'll miss the wings of your compassionMore than you'll ever knowAnd it seems to me you lived your lifeLike a candle in the windNever fading with the sunset when the rain set inAnd your footsteps will always fall hereAlong England's greenest hillsYour candle's burned out long beforeYour legend ever will

• Administrators
You could never know what it's likeYour blood like winter freezes just like iceAnd there's a cold lonely light that shines from youYou'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you useAnd did you think this fool could never winWell look at me, I'm coming back againI got a taste of love in a simple wayAnd if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away[ Find more Lyrics at www.mp3lyrics.org/eeb ]Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever didLooking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kidI'm still standing after all this timePicking up the pieces of my life without you on my mindI'm still standing yeah yeah yeahI'm still standing yeah yeah yeahOnce I never could hope to winYou starting down the road leaving me againThe threats you made were meant to cut me downAnd if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by nowLyrics: I'm Still Standing, Elton John [end]

• Administrators
The Last Song between a Father and His SonYesterday you came to lift me upAs light as straw and brittle as a birdToday I weigh less than a shadow on the wallJust one more whisper of a voice unheardTomorrow leave the windows openAs fear grows please hold me in your armsWon't you help me if you can to shake this angerI need your gentle hands to keep me calm`Cuz I never thought I'd loseI only thought I'd winI never dreamed I'd feelThis fire beneath my skinI can't believe you love meI never thought you'd comeI guess I misjudged loveBetween a father and his sonThings we never said come togetherThe hidden truth no longer haunting meTonight we touched on the things that were never spokenThat kind of understanding sets me free`Cuz I never thought I'd loseI only thought I'd winI never dreamed I'd feelThis fire beneath my skinI can't believe you love meI never thought you'd comeI guess I misjudged loveBetween a father and his son

• Administrators
The whispers in the morningOf lovers sleeping tightAre rolling like thunder nowAs I look in your eyesI hold on to your bodyAnd feel each move you makeYour voice is warm and tenderA love that I could not forsake(first chorus)cause I am your ladyAnd you are my manWhenever you reach for meIll do all that I canLost is how Im feeling lying in your armsWhen the world outsides tooMuch to takeThat all ends when Im with youEven though there may be timesIt seems Im far awayNever wonder where I amcause I am always by your side(repeat first chorus)(second chorus)Were heading for somethingSomewhere Ive never beenSometimes I am frightenedBut Im ready to learnOf the power of loveThe sound of your heart beatingMade it clearSuddenly the feeling that I cant go onIs light years away(repeat first chorus)(repeat second chorus)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
{OK, a little pre 80's but a great song!}And now, the end is near;And so I face the final curtain.My friend, Ill say it clear,Ill state my case, of which Im certain.Ive lived a life thats full.Ive traveled each and evry highway;And more, much more than this,I did it my way.Regrets, Ive had a few;But then again, too few to mention.I did what I had to doAnd saw it through without exemption.I planned each charted course;Each careful step along the byway,But more, much more than this,I did it my way.Yes, there were times, Im sure you knewWhen I bit off more than I could chew.But through it all, when there was doubt,I ate it up and spit it out.I faced it all and I stood tall;And did it my way.Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.Ive had my fill; my share of losing.And now, as tears subside,I find it all so amusing.To think I did all that;And may I say - not in a shy way,No, oh no not me,I did it my way.For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught.To say the things he truly feels;And not the words of one who kneels.The record shows I took the blows -And did it my way!

• 4 weeks later...
Voices - Russ BallardIf you could see my mind, if you really look deep, then maybe you'll findThat somewhere there will be a place, hidden behind my comedian faceYou will find somewhere there's a house, and inside that house there's a roomLocked in the room in the corner you seeA voice is waiting for me, to set it freeI got the key, I got the keyVoices, I hear voicesIn my head the voice is waiting, waiting for me to set it freeI locked it inside my imagination, but I'm the one who's got the combinationSome people didn't like what the voice did saySo I took the voice and I locked it awayI got the key, I got the keyVoices, I hear voices, voices, I hear voicesChorus:Don't look back, look straight ahead, don't turn away, then the voice it saidDon't look back, yesterday's gone, don't turn away, you can take it on(Solo)Voices, I hear voices, voices, I hear voices(chorus repeats 3x)Voices, voices, voices, voices - don't look backVoices, voices(chorus repeats 2x)...Hell, I didn't write the lyrics, I would have made the end better.

The whispers in the morningOf lovers sleeping tightAre rolling like thunder nowAs I look in your eyesI hold on to your bodyAnd feel each move you makeYour voice is warm and tenderA love that I could not forsake(first chorus)cause I am your ladyAnd you are my manWhenever you reach for meIll do all that I canLost is how Im feeling lying in your armsWhen the world outsides tooMuch to takeThat all ends when Im with youEven though there may be timesIt seems Im far awayNever wonder where I amcause I am always by your side(repeat first chorus)(second chorus)Were heading for somethingSomewhere Ive never beenSometimes I am frightenedBut Im ready to learnOf the power of loveThe sound of your heart beatingMade it clearSuddenly the feeling that I cant go onIs light years away(repeat first chorus)(repeat second chorus)
Wasn't this one from the 90's?Edited by...timm525: Yea, well no one's perfect! :D

Oh boy, I could post any number of Springsteen songs, but I'll stick to two singles many will be familiar with:Hungry HeartGot a wife and kids in Baltimore, JackI went out for a ride and I never went backLike a river that don't know where it's flowingI took a wrong turn and I just kept goingCHORUSEverybody's got a hungry heartEverybody's got a hungry heartLay down your money and you play your partEverybody's got a hungry heartI met her in a Kingstown barWe fell in love I knew it had to endWe took what we had and we ripped it apartNow here I am down in Kingstone againCHORUSEverybody needs a place to restEverybody wants to have a homeDon't make no difference what nobody saysAin't nobody like to be aloneCHORUSAnd...I'm On FireHey little girl is your daddy homeDid he go away and leave you all aloneI got a bad desireI'm on fireTell me now baby is he good to youCan he do to you the things that I doI can take you higherI'm on fireSometimes it's like someone took a knife babyedgy and dull and cut a six-inch valleythrough the middle of my soulAt night I wake up with the sheets soaking wetand a freight train running through themiddle of my headOnly you can cool my desireI'm on fire

Did anyone do Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Relax"? RelaxOh ohWee-ell-Now!Relax don't do itWhen you want to go to itRelax don't do itWhen you want to comeRelax don't do itWhen you want to comeWhen you want to comeRelax don't do itWhen you want to to go to itRelax don't do itWhen you want to comeRelax don't do itWhen you want to suck to itRelax don't do itWhen you want to comeCome-oh oh ohBut shoot it in the right directionMake making it your intention-ooh yeahLive those dreamsScheme those schemesGot to hit meHit meHit me with those laser beamsI'm comingI'm coming-yeahRelax don't do itWhen you want to go to itRelax don't do itWhen you want to comeRelax don't do itWhen you want to suck to itRelax don't do it (love)When you want to comeWhen you want to comeWhen you want to comeCome-huhGet it upThe scene of loveOh feel itRelaxHigher higherHey-Pray

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always loved the theme song 'Maybe Tomorrow' from the '80s TV show The Littlest Hobo. Great songhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFwThere's a voice that keeps on calling meDown the road is where I'll always beEvery stop I make, I'll make a new friendCan't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone againMaybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle downUntil tomorrow, I'll just keep moving onDown this road, that never seems to endWhere new adventure, lies just around the bendSo if you want to join me for a whileJust grab your hat, come travel lightThat's hobo styleMaybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle downUntil tomorrow, the whole world is my homeSo if you want to join me for a whileJust grab your hat, come travel lightThat's hobo styleMaybe tomorrow, I'll want settle downUntil tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on(Instrumental Break)Maybe tomorrow, I'll want settle downUntil tomorrow, I'll just keep moving onThere's a world, that's waiting to unfoldA brand new tale, no one has ever told,We've journey'd far but, you know it won't be longWe're almost there and we've paid our fare with the hobo songMaybe tomorrow, I'll want settle downUntil tomorrow, I'll just keep moving onSo if you want to join me for a whileJust grab your hat, come travel lightThat's hobo styleMaybe tomorrow, I'll find what I call homeUntil tomorrow, you know I'm free to roam

I forgot about that show, Tommy V. Here is one of my all time favorites:

And here's Sonny and his love interests in a clip with this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ew74qY9cmgSo long, I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too longSometimes I don't know what I will find, I only know it's a matter of timeWhen you love someone, when you love someoneIt feels so right, so warm and true, I need to know if you feel it too Maybe I'm wrong, won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strongThis heart of mine has been hurt before, this time I wanna be sure I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my lifeI've been waiting for a girl like you, your loving will surviveI've been waiting for someone new to make me feel aliveYeah, waiting for a girl like you to come into my life You're so good, when we make love it's understoodIt's more than a touch or a word can sayOnly in dreams could it be this wayWhen you love someone, yeah, really love someone Now I know it's right, from the moment I wake up till deep in the nightThere's nowhere on earth that I'd rather be than holding you tenderly I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my lifeI've been waiting for a girl like you, your loving will surviveI've been waiting for someone new to make me feel aliveYeah, waiting for a girl like you to come into my life I've been waiting, waiting for you, ooh, I've been waitingI've been waiting(I've been waiting for a girl like you, I've been waiting)Won't you come into my life?
  • Like 1

She's got a smile that it seems to meReminds me of childhood memoriesWhere everythingWas as fresh as the bright blue skyNow and then when I see her faceShe takes me away to that special placeAnd if I stared too longI'd probably break down and cry(Woahhhh) Sweet child o' mine(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet love of mineShe's got eyes of the bluest skiesAnd if they thought of rainI hate to look into those eyesAnd see an ounce of painHer hair reminds me of a warm safe placeWhere as a child I'd hideAnd pray for the thunderAnd the rainTo quietly pass me by(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet child o' mine(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet love of mine(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet child o' mine(Woah oh oh oh) Sweet love of mine Where do we goWhere do we go nowWhere do we go Sweet child o' mine

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silencehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p59L5eY51JwWords like violenceBreak the silenceCome crashing inInto my little worldPainful to mePierce right through meCant you understandOh my little girlAll I ever wantedAll I ever neededIs here in my armsWords are very unnecessaryThey can only do harmVows are spokenTo be brokenFeelings are intenseWords are trivialPleasures remainSo does the painWords are meaninglessAnd forgettableAll I ever wantedAll I ever neededIs here in my armsWords are very unnecessaryThey can only do harmEnjoy the silence

The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour But heaven knows I'm miserable now I was looking for a job, and then I found a job And heaven knows I'm miserable now In my life Why do I give valuable time To people who don't care if I live or die ? Two lovers entwined pass me by And heaven knows I'm miserable now I was looking for a job, and then I found a job And heaven knows I'm miserable now In my life Oh, why do I give valuable time To people who don't care if I live or die ? What she asked of me at the end of the day Caligula would have blushed "You've been in the house too long" she saidAnd I (naturally) fled In my life Why do I smile At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye ? I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour But heaven knows I'm miserable now "You've been in the house too long" she said And I (naturally) fled In my life Why do I give valuable time To people who don't care if I live or die ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
He said, baby, what's wrong with youWhy don't you use your imagination(Oh-no, oh-no)Nations go to warOver women like youIt's just a form of appreciationCome on over hereLay your clothes on the chairNow let the lace fall across your shoulder(Oh-no, oh-no)Standing in the half lightYou're almost like herSo take it slow like your daddy told youStrut, pout, put it outThat's what you want from womenCome on baby, what'cha taking me forStrut, pout, cut it outAll taking and no givingWatch me baby, while I walk out the doorI said, honey, I don't like this gameYou make me feel like a girl for hire(Oh-no, oh-no)All this fascination with leather and laceIs just the smoke from another fireHe said, honey, don't stop a speeding trainBefore it reaches its destination(Oh-no, oh-no)Lie down here beside meOh, have some fun tooDon't turn away from your true vocationStrut, pout, put it outThat's what you want from womenCome on baby, what'cha taking me forStrut, pout, cut it outAll taking and no givingWatch me baby, while I walk out the doorI won't be your baby doll, be your baby dollI won't be your baby doll, be your baby doll[instrumental Interlude]Strut, pout, put it outThat's what you want from womenCome on baby, what'cha taking me forStrut, pout, cut it outAll taking and no givingWatch me baby, while I walk out the doorStrut, pout, put it outThat's what you want from womenCome on baby, what'cha taking me forStrut, pout, cut it outAll taking and no givingWatch me baby, while I walk out the doorStrut, pout, put it outThat's what you want from womenCome on baby, what'cha taking me forStrut, pout, cut it outAll taking and no givingWatch me baby, while I walk out the door

• Administrators
FarWe've been travelling farWithout a homeBut not without a starFreeOnly want to be freeWe huddle closeHang on to a dreamOn the boats and on the planesThey're coming to AmericaNever looking back againThey're coming to AmericaHome, don't it seem so far awayOh, we're travelling light todayIn the eye of the stormIn the eye of the stormHome, to a new and a shiny placeMake our bed, and we'll say our graceFreedom's light burning warmFreedom's light burning warmEverywhere around the worldThey're coming to AmericaEvery time that flag's unfurledThey're coming to AmericaGot a dream to take them thereThey're coming to AmericaGot a dream they've come to shareThey're coming to AmericaThey're coming to AmericaThey're coming to AmericaThey're coming to AmericaThey're coming to AmericaToday, today, today, today, todayMy country 'tis of thee(Today)Sweet land of liberty(today)Of thee I sing(today)Of thee I sing(today)(today)(today)(today)

• Administrators
Cracklin rosie, get on boardWere gonna ride till there aint no more to goTaking it slowLord, dont you knowHave made me a time with a poor mans ladyHitchin on a twilight trainAint nothing here that I care to take alongMaybe a songTo sing when I wantDont need to say please to no man for a happy tuneOh, I love my rosie childYou got the way to make me happyYou and me, we go in styleCracklin rose, youre a store bought womanYou make me sing like a guitar humminSo hang on to me, girlOur song keeps runnin onPlay it nowPlay it now, my babyCracklin rosie, make me a smileGirl if it lasts for an hour, thats al rightWe got all nightTo set the world rightFind us a dream that dont ask no questions, yeahOh, I love my rosie childYou got the way to make me happyYou and me, we go in styleCracklin rose, youre a store-bought womanYou make me sing like a guitar humminSo hang on to me, girlOur song keeps runnin onPlay it nowPlay it nowPlay it now, my babyCracklin rosie, make me a smileGirl if it lasts for an hour, thats all rightWe got all nightTo set the world rightFind us a dream that dont ask no question, yeah

• Administrators
Neil Diamond, Sweet CarolineWhere it beganI cant begin to knowinBut then I know its growin strongWas in the springAnd spring became the summerWhod have believed youd come alongHands, touchin handsReachin outTouchin meTouchin youSweet carolineGood times never seemed so goodIve been inclinedTo believe they never wouldBut now iLook at the nightAnd it dont seem so lonelyWe fill it up with only twoAnd when I hurtHurtin runs off my shouldersHow can I hurt when Im with youWarm, touchin warmReachin outTouchin meTouchin meSweet carolineGood times never seemed so goodIve been inclinedTo believe they never wouldOh, no, noSweet carolineGood times never seemed so goodIve been inclinedI believed they never couldSweet caroline

• Administrators

Hi gang,Some of the original "youtube" video links are no longer available.I have updated the links that I found to current "youtube" links.It is possible that I may have inadvertently changed the song version that you had originally posted. If this is so, I apologize and ask that you edit and repost the version you originally wanted here if it is still available.Thanks.