Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I'd do anything for loveAnd I would do anything for love, I'd run right into hell and back, I would do anything for love, I'll never lie to you and thats a fact. But I'll never forget the way you feel right now - Oh no - no way - I would do anything for love, But I wont do that, I wont do that, anything for love, I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, But I wont do that, I wont do that. Some days it dont come easy, Some days it dont come hard Some days it dont come at all, And these are the days that never end. Some nights you breath fire, Some nights your carved in ice, Some nights your like nothing I've ever seen before, Or will again. Maybe Im crazy, But it's crazy and it's true, I know you can save me, No one else can save me now but you. As long as the planets are turning, As long as the stars are burning, As long as your dreams are coming true - You better believe it! - That I would do anything for love, And I'll be there until the final act - I would do anything for love! And I'll take a Vow and Seal a pact - But I'll never forgive myself if we dont go all the way - Tonight - I would do anything for love! I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, But I wont do that, I wont do that... I would do anything for love, Anything you've been dreaming of, But I just wont do that... Some days I pray for Silence, Some days I pray for Soul, Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N' Roll. Some nights I lose the feeling, Some nights I lose control, Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls. Maybe I'm lonely, And thats all I'm qualified to be, There's just one and only, The one and only promise I can keep. As long as the wheels are turning, As long as the fires are burning, As long as your prayers are coming true - You better believe it - ! That I would do anything for love! And you know it's true and thats a fact, I would do anything for love! And there'll never be no turning back - But I'll never do it better than I do it with you, So long - So long - I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, But I wont do that, I wont do that! I would do anything for love, Anything you've been dreaming of, But I just wont do that... But I'll never stop dreaming of you Everynight of my life - No Way - I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, But I wont do that, I wont do that! Girl : Will you raise me up? Will you help me down? Will you help get me right out of this Godforsaken town? Will you make it a little less cold? Boy : I can do that! I can do that! Girl : Will you hold me sacred? will you hold me tight? Can you colorize my life I'm so sick of black and white? Can you make it a little less old? Boy : I can do that! I can do that! Girl : Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands? Can you build an Emerald city with these grains of sand? Can you give me something that I can take home? Boy : I can do that! I can do that! Girl : Will you cater to every fantasy that I've got? Will ya hose me down with holy water - if I get too hot - ? Will you take me to places that I've never known? Boy : I can do that! I can do that! Girl : Afert a while you'll forget everything, It was a brief interlude, And a midsummer night's fling, And you'll see that it's time to move on. Boy : I wont do that! I wont do that! Girl : I know the territory - I've been around, It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down, And sooner or later you'll be screwing around. Boy : I wont do that! I wont do that! Anything for love, I would do anything for love, I would do anything for love, But I wont do that, I wont do that., no i won't do that

• Administrators
Do Anything, Natural SelectionOh yeah Whatcha gonna do for me Whatcha gonna do for my love Just cant Just cant get Just cant get enough Talk to me Hey I really love you Love you so so much Put my lady next to you To always feel your touch Every lttle thing you do Seems to turn me on Even when youre talking nasty to me Over the telephone Honey Ill stay up late for you And wait for your call Buzz me up at 5 AM And I dont mind at all Cuz Ill do anything for your loving Yes will Ill do anything But with a serious step are you qualified? Just cant Just cant get Just cant get enough Talk to me First thing in the morning Ill be at your door o tough All day long and All night strong Just cant get enough Honey if you let me start you up We can begin I play your game Everytime Baby wont you let me win Cuz Ill do anything for your loving Do anything for your loving or would you send me off like a third class lover Do anything for your loving til the break of dawn Do anything for your loving baby on Just cant Just cant get Just cant get enough Talk to me You got to know The way I feel Is for real its everlasting me what you need And Ill take heed And lead you in the right direction for affection See what Im saying I aint playin Stop delayin girl And make me yor natural selection Ha ha ha ha Youre crazy I dont know about you But I think I like you Do anything for your lovin Could you find the time to make me yours? Take me out and rock the floors? GIve me every little bit of your loves what I said Make it smooth to the groove Like sandwich bread Well its you for me And me for you Theres not one thing I wouldnt do Hey Ill do most anything You and me were meant to swing Swing Do do dodo Just cant Just cant get Guess what Just cant get enough I want to be your baby Just cant Just cant get Just cant get enough

• Administrators
Tie a yellow ribbon "Round the old oak treeI'm comin' home, I've done my timeNow I've got to know what is and isn't mineIf you received my letter telling you I'd soon be freeThen you'll know just what to doIf you still want meIf you still want meWhoa, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak treeIt's been three long yearsDo ya still want me?If I don't see a ribbon round the old oak treeI'll stay on the busForget about usPut the blame on meIf I don't see a yellow ribbon round the old oak treeBus driver, please look for me'cause I couldn't bear to see what I might seeI'm really still in prisonAnd my love, she holds the keyA simple yellow ribbon's what I need to set me freeI wrote and told her pleaseWhoa, tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak treeIt's been three long yearsDo ya still want me?If I don't see a ribbon round the old oak treeI'll stay on the busForget about usPut the blame on meIf I don't see a yellow ribbon round the old oak treeNow the whole damned bus is cheerin'And I can't believe I seeA hundred yellow ribbons round the old oak treeI'm comin' home(Tie a ribbon round the old oak tree)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
The Wreck of the Edmun FitzgeraldThe legend lives on from the Chippewa on downOf the big lake they call Gitche GumeeThe lake, it is said, never gives up her deadWhen the skies of November turn gloomy.With a load of iron ore - 26,000 tons moreThan the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed emptyThat good ship and true was a bone to be chewedWhen the gales of November came earlyThe ship was the pride of the American sideComing back from some mill in WisconsonAs the big freighters go it was bigger than mostWith a crew and the Captain well seasoned.Concluding some terms with a couple of steel firmsWhen they left fully loaded for ClevelandAnd later that night when the ships bell rangCould it be the North Wind they'd been feeling.The wind in the wires made a tattletale soundAnd a wave broke over the railingAnd every man knew, as the Captain did, too,T'was the witch of November come stealing.The dawn came late and the breakfast had to waitWhen the gales of November came slashingWhen afternoon came it was freezing rainIn the face of a hurricane West WindWhen supper time came the old cook came on deckSaying fellows it's too rough to feed yaAt 7PM a main hatchway caved inHe said fellas it's been good to know ya.The Captain wired in he had water coming inAnd the good ship and crew was in perilAnd later that night when his lights went out of sightCame the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.Does anyone know where the love of God goesWhen the words turn the minutes to hoursThe searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish BayIf they'd fifteen more miles behind her.They might have split up or they might have capsizedThey may have broke deep and took waterAnd all that remains is the faces and the namesOf the wives and the sons and the daughters.Lake Huron rolls, Superior singsIn the ruins of her ice water mansionOld Michigan steams like a young man's dreams,The islands and bays are for sportsmen.And farther below Lake OntarioTakes in what Lake Erie can send herAnd the iron boats go as the mariners all knowWith the gales of November remembered.In a musty old hall in Detroit they prayedIn the Maritime Sailors' CathedralThe church bell chimed, 'til it rang 29 timesFor each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald.The legend lives on from the Chippewa on downOf the big lake they call Gitche GumeeSuperior, they say, never gives up her deadWhen the gales of November come early.

Who's that? :confused: :p

Toto were a group of session musicians who decided to form a band and cut an album together.It was so successful they put out another one, The song Africa was from their second cut.I'm surprised you never heard of them as they were HUGE! They had other hits like "99" and "Hold the Line" was their breakthrough hit in the late 70'sI saw them in concert in 1977 and again in 1982

Not meaning to pick on you Timm, but "Candle in the Wind" and "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" and "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" were all 70's songs???There sure were a good number of tunes from the eighties though! That music will never be done again as it was a different time. Todays music has so little to say?Eighties music had intelligent lyrics and had social or political connotations. That song mentiond earlier about "Sun City" was an anti-Aparthied song against the South African Government (great tune by the way)Bands like Tears for Fears looked into topics like child abuse, U2 talked about suicide, and of course "VIDEOS" had just arrived in the mid eighties creating a new medium to present this artform. Peter Gabriel, Dire Straits, Art of Noise and numerous others took this artform to a new level.Its sad that today the music video channels (MTV and Muchmusic) don't play much of the "Typical" videos anymore. Their hours are filled with reality shows like Flavo-Flav (or whatever the heck his name is?) and Gene Simmons show or Ozzy........Waste of time if you ask me?????????????

• Administrators
Not meaning to pick on you Timm' date=' but "Candle in the Wind" and "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" and "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" were all 70's songs???...[/quote']Yes, the decades have seemed to spread out a bit. ;)

• 1 month later...
I get lost, in your eyes And I feel my spirits rise And soar like the wind Is it love that I am in? I get weak in a glance Isn't this what's called romance? And that's what I know Cause when I'm lost I can't let go (Chorus) I don't mind Not knowing what I'm headed for You can take me to the skies It's like being lost in heaven When (and) I'm lost in your eyes I just felt Don't know why Something is there We can't deny Ooh, when I first knew Was when I first looked at you And if I Can't find my way If salvation Seems miles away Oh, I'll be found When I'm lost in your eyes (Repeat Chorus) I get weak in a glance Isn't this what's called romance Oh, I'll be found When I am lost In your eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
Cruel Summer - Bananarama Hot summer streetsAnd the pavements are burningI sit aroundTrying to smile butThe air is so heavy and dryStrange voices are sayingThings I can't understandIt's too close for comfortThis heat has gotRight out of hand CHORUS:It's a cruel, cruel summerLeaving me here on my ownIt's a cruel, cruel summerNow you're gone The city is crowdedMy friends are awayAnd I'm on my ownIt's too hot to handleSo I got to get up and go
  • Like 1

• Administrators
Two kinds of people in this worldWinners, losersI lost my power in this worldBecause I did not use it CHORUS:And I go insaneLike I always doAnd I call your nameShe's a lot like you Two kinds of things in this worldLiving, dyingI lost my power in this worldAnd the rumours are flying

• Administrators
Sundown all aroundWalking through the summer's endWaves crash baby, don't look backI won't walk away again Oh, baby, anywhere you goWe are bound togetherI begin, baby, where you endSome things are forever CHORUS:Circle in the sand, 'round and 'roundNever ending love is what we've foundAnd you complete the heart of meOur love is all we needCircle in the sand Cold wind, tide moves inShiver in the salty airDay breaks, my heart achesI will wait for you right here Oh, baby when you look for meCan you see foreverI begin baby, where you endWe belong together CHORUS Circle in the sand Baby can you hear meCan you hear me calling Circle In The Sand - Belinda Carlisle Sundown all aroundWalking through the summer's endWaves crash baby, don't look backI won't walk away again Oh, baby, anywhere you goWe are bound togetherI begin, baby, where you endSome things are forever CHORUS:Circle in the sand, 'round and 'roundNever ending love is what we've foundAnd you complete the heart of meOur love is all we needCircle in the sand Cold wind, tide moves inShiver in the salty airDay breaks, my heart achesI will wait for you right here Oh, baby when you look for meCan you see foreverI begin baby, where you endWe belong together CHORUS Circle in the sand Baby can you hear meCan you hear me calling ]Circle In The Sand - Belinda Carlisle Sundown all aroundWalking through the summer's endWaves crash baby, don't look backI won't walk away again Oh, baby, anywhere you goWe are bound togetherI begin, baby, where you endSome things are forever CHORUS:Circle in the sand, 'round and 'roundNever ending love is what we've foundAnd you complete the heart of meOur love is all we needCircle in the sand Cold wind, tide moves inShiver in the salty airDay breaks, my heart achesI will wait for you right here Oh, baby when you look for meCan you see foreverI begin baby, where you endWe belong together CHORUS Circle in the sand Baby can you hear meCan you hear me calling
  • Like 1

• Administrators
Two kinds of people in this worldWinners, losersI lost my power in this worldBecause I did not use it CHORUS:And I go insaneLike I always doAnd I call your nameShe's a lot like you Two kinds of things in this worldLiving, dyingI lost my power in this worldAnd the rumours are flying

• Administrators
Her hair is Harlow gold, her lips sweet surpriseHer hands are never cold, she's got Bette Davis eyesShe'll turn the music on you, you won't have to think twiceShe's pure as New York snow, she got Bette Davis eyes And she'll tease you, she'll unease youAll the better just to please youShe's precocious, and she knows justWhat it takes to make a pro blushShe got Greta Garbo's stand off sighs, she's got Bette Davis eyes She'll let you take her home, it whets her appetiteShe'll lay you on the throne, she got Bette Davis eyesShe'll take a tumble on you, roll you like you were diceUntil you come up blue, she's got Bette Davis eyes She'll expose you, when she snows youOff your feet with the crumbs she throws youShe's ferocious and she knows justWhat it takes to make a pro blushAll the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes And she'll tease you, she'll unease youAll the better just to please youShe's precocious, and she knows justWhat it takes to make a pro blushAll the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes...
  • Like 1

• Administrators
In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh LordI've been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh LordCan you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord Well, if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a handI've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I amWell, I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyesSo you can wipe off the grinI know where you've beenIt's all been a pack of lies CHORUS:And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh LordI've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh LordI can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh LordAnd I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord Well I remember, I remember don't worryHow could I ever forget, it's the first time, the last time we ever metBut I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you don't fool meThe hurt doesn't showBut the pain still growsIt's no stranger to you or me

• Administrators
Little ditty about Jack and DianeTwo American kids growin' up in the heartlandJackie gonna be a football starDiane debutante backseat of Jackie's car Suckin' on chili dogs outside the Tastee FreezeDiane's sittin' on Jackie's lapHe's got his hand between her kneesJackie say, "Hey Diane let's run offBehind a shady treeDribble off those Bobby BrooksLet me do what I please."And Jackie say CHORUS:Oh yeah life goes onLong after the thrill of livin' is goneOh yeah say life goes onLong after the thrill of livin' is gone, they walk on Jackie sits back reflects his thoughts for the momentScratches his head and does his best James Dean.Well you know Diane, we oughta run off to the cityDiane says "Baby, you ain't missin' nuth-in"Jackie say-a CHORUS Gonna let it rockLet it rollLet the Bible Belt come andSave my soulHold on to sixteen as long as you canChanges come around real soonMake us women and men Little ditty about Jack and DianeTwo American kids done the best they can

• Administrators
The devil went down to GeorgiaHe was lookin' for a soul to stealHe was in a bind 'cause he was way behindand he was willin' to make a deal When he came across this young mansawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hotAnd the devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said,"Boy, let me tell you what. "I guess you didn't know itbut I'm a fiddle player, too.And if you'd care to take a dare,I'll make a bet with you. "Now, you play pretty good fiddle, boy,but give the devil his due.I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your soul,'cause I think I'm better than you." The boy said, "My name's Johnny,and it might be a sin,but I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret,'cause I'm the best that's ever been." Johnny, rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard,'cause hell's broke loose in Georgia and the devil deals the cards.And if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of goldBut if you lose, the devil gets your soul... The devil opened up his caseand he said, "I'll start this show."And fire flew from his fingertipsas he rosined up his bow. And he pulled the bow across the stringsand it made an evil hiss.Then a band of demons joined inand it sounded somethin' like this. When the devil finished, Johnny said,"Well, you're pretty good, old son,but sit down in that chair right thereand let me show you how it's done." Fire on the mountain. Run, boys, run.The devil's in the House of the Rising Sun.Chicken in the bread pan pickin' out dough.Granny, does your dog bite? No, child, no. The devil bowed his headbecause he knew that he'd been beat.And he laid that golden fiddleon the ground at Johnny's feet. Johnny said, "Devil, just come on backif you ever want to try again.'Cause I told you once, you son of a gun,I'm the best that's ever been."

• Administrators
Sara - Fleetwood Mac Wait a minute babyStay with me awhileSaid you'd give me lightBut you never told me about the fire Drownin', in the sea of loveWhere everyone would love to drownBut now it's gone, it doesn't matter what forSo when you build your house, then call me home Oooooooo..And it was just like a great dark windWithin the wings of a stormAnd I think I had met my matchHe was singin' to meAnd undoing and undoingThe laces, the laces He said "Sara, you're the poet in my heartNever change, never stop..."But now it's gone, it doesn't matter what forAnd when you build your house, well then, call me home Hold on baby the night is comin'And the starling flew for days and daysAnd I would stay home at night all the timeWhen I could go anywhere - anywhere - anywhere Ask me and I'm there, yeahOooh, you ask me and I'm there, 'cause I careIn the sea of love where everyone would love to drownBut now it's gone, it doesn't matter what forWhen you build you house I will come by Ooooooooo, SaraOooooooooOooooooooAll I ever wanted was to know that you were dreamingSaraOh...Oooooooo, Sara, babyWell, there was a heartbeat and it never really died

• Administrators
ForeignerI gotta take a little timeA little time to think things overI better read between the linesIn case I need it when Im olderNow this mountain I must climbFeels like a world upon my shouldersI through the clouds I see love shineIt keeps me warm as life grows colderIn my life theres been heartache and painI dont know if I can face it againCant stop now, Ive traveled so farTo change this lonely lifeI wanna know what love isI want you to show meI wanna feel what love isI know you can show meIm gonna take a little timeA little time to look around meIve got nowhere left to hideIt looks like love has finally found meIn my life theres been heartache and painI dont know if I can face it againI cant stop now, Ive traveled so farTo change this lonely lifeI wanna know what love isI want you to show meI wanna feel what love isI know you can show meI wanna know what love isI want you to show meAnd I wanna feel, I want to feel what love isAnd I know, I know you can show meLets talk about loveI wanna know what love is, the love that you feel insideI want you to show me, and Im feeling so much loveI wanna feel what love is, no, you just cannot hideI know you can show me, yeahI wanna know what love is, lets talk about loveI want you to show me, I wanna feel it tooI wanna feel what love is, I want to feel it tooAnd I know and I know, I know you can show meShow me love is real, yeahI wanna know what love is...

• Administrators
The Power of LoveThe whispers in the morningOf lovers sleeping tightAre rolling like thunder nowAs I look in your eyesI hold on to your bodyAnd feel each move you makeYour voice is warm and tenderA love that I could not forsake(first chorus)cause I am your ladyAnd you are my manWhenever you reach for meIll do all that I canLost is how Im feeling lying in your armsWhen the world outsides tooMuch to takeThat all ends when Im with youEven though there may be timesIt seems Im far awayNever wonder where I amcause I am always by your side(repeat first chorus)(second chorus)Were heading for somethingSomewhere Ive never beenSometimes I am frightenedBut Im ready to learnOf the power of loveThe sound of your heart beatingMade it clearSuddenly the feeling that I cant go onIs light years away(repeat first chorus)(repeat second chorus)

• Administrators
The heat is on, on the streetInside your head, on every beatAnd the beat's so loud, deep insideThe pressure's high, just to stay alive'Cause the heat is on Oh-wo-ho, oh-wo-hoCaught up in the action I've been looking out for youOh-wo-ho, oh-wo-ho(Tell me can you feel it)(Tell me can you feel it)(Tell me can you feel it)The heat is on, the heat is on, the heat is onthe heat is on Oh it's on the street, the heat is - on. Oh-wo-ho, oh-wo-hoCaught up in the action I've been looking out for youOh-wo-ho, oh-wo-ho(Tell me can you feel it)(Tell me can you feel it)(Tell me can you feel it)The heat is on, the heat is on, the heat is onOh it's on the street, the heat is - on. The shadows are on the darker sideBehind those doors, it's a wilder rideYou can make a break, you can win or loseThat's a chance you take, when the heat's on youWhen the heat is on Oh-wo-ho, oh-wo-hoCaught up in the action I've been looking out for youOh-wo-ho, oh-wo-ho(Tell me can you feel it)(Tell me can you feel it)(Tell me can you feel it)The heat is on, the heat is on, the heat is on It's on the streetThe heat is on, the heat is on, the heat is onYeah it's on the streetThe heat is on

Yes I remember that song. Quite forgetable as you said.Tonight I was cruising in the Bronco and it has a cassette player still, so I dug deep into the console and guess what I found?Scritti Politti! They were kind of cheezy, but one song reminds me of Vice called "Pray like Aretha Franklin" Has a good beat and sounds very typical of the Vice era. Very dance oriented...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Is this the real life-Is this just fantasy-Caught in a landslide-No escape from reality-Open your eyesLook up to the skies and see-Im just a poor boy,i need no sympathy-Because Im easy come,easy go,A little high,little low,Anyway the wind blows,doesnt really matter to me,To meMama,just killed a man,Put a gun against his head,Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,Mama,life had just begun,But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-Mama ooo,Didnt mean to make you cry-If Im not back again this time tomorrow-Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-Too late,my time has come,Sends shivers down my spine-Bodys aching all the time,Goodbye everybody-Ive got to go-Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-Mama ooo- (any way the wind blows)I dont want to die,I sometimes wish Id never been born at all-I see a little silhouetto of a man,Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-Galileo,galileo,Galileo galileoGalileo figaro-magnifico-But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me-Hes just a poor boy from a poor family-Spare him his life from this monstrosity-Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-Bismillah! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him goBismillah! we will not let you go-let me goWill not let you go-let me goWill not let you go let me goNo,no,no,no,no,no,no-Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye-So you think you can love me and leave me to die-Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-Nothing really matters,Anyone can see,Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,Any way the wind blows....
  • Like 1