Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

Burnin' For You, Blue Oyster Cult
Home in the valleyHome in the cityHome isn't prettyAin't no home for meHome in the darknessHome on the highwayHome isn't my wayHome will never beBurn out the dayBurn out the nightI can't see no reason to put up a fightI'm living for giving the devil his dueAnd I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for youI'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for youTime is the essanceTime is the seasonTime ain't no reasonGot no time to slowTime everlastingTime to play besidesTime ain't on my sideTime I'll never knowBurn out the dayBurn out the nightI'm not the one to tell you what's wrong or what's rightI've seen signs of what (freezing their eyes) went throughWell I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for youBurn out the dayBurn out the nightI can't see no reason to put up a fightI'm living for giving the devil his dueAnd I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you (repeat)

I don't know if this is qualified as one of the greatest '80 songs but it's one of my favorites.P Machinery by Propagandahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch6pz-i90_IMotor-power-Forks-motion-Drive-motor-Forks-motion-Drive-motor-Forks-motion-Drive-power-Forks-motion-Drive-propaganda-On joyless lanes we walk in linesA calm but steady flowAccompanied by loud commandsOur strength is running lowAnother hope feeds another dreamAnother truth installed by the machineA secret wishThe marrying of lifeToday comes true what common sense deniesRotating wheels are destinyIn flame the city liesMachines call out for followers far out into the nightThe calls of the machines drowning in the steamAnother hope feeds another dreamAnother truth installed by the machineA secret wishThe Marrying of lifeToday comes true what common sense deniesThe calls of the machine drowning the steamOn joyless lanes we walk in linesA calm but steady flowOur strength is running lowAnother hope-another dream-another truth-Installed by the machine-Installed by the machine

Agent47, do you like Kate Bush? For some reason I was thinking of Running Up That Hill when P-Machinery came on, long time since I heard that one.

Agent47' date=' do you like Kate Bush? For some reason I was thinking of Running Up That Hill when P-Machinery came on, long time since I heard that one.[/quote']Not really, I've only heard her song "Wow" from the Vice City soundtrack and I read a song of hers was on Miami Vice before but beyond that I'm not that big a fan of hers.

By the way, another '80's classic popped into my head just now ...Family Man by Hall & Oateshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvSoSq2m9zM&feature=relatedShe had a sulky smileShe took her standard pose as she presented herselfShe had sultry eyes, she made it perfectly plain that she was hisfor a priceBut he said leave me aloneI'm a family man and my bark is much worse than my biteHe said leave me aloneI'm a family man but if you push me too far I just mightShe wore hurt surprise as she rechecked her make-up to protect herselfDropped her price and pride she made it totally clear she was his for a nightShe gave him her lookIt would have worked on any other man aroundHe looked her up and downShe knew he couldn't decide if he should hold his groundShe turnedTossed her head unlike her opening move her final exit line He waited much too long but by the time he got his courage up she was gone Then he screamed leave me alone I'm a family man and my bark is much worse than my biteHe said leave me aloneI'm a family man, but if you push me too far I just might

Here's another catchy tune, lol.The Human League - Life On Your Own

Winter is approachingThere's snow upon the groundIt's good of you to visit meI'm glad you came aroundI don't know how you found meI didn't let you knowI only moved to this addressAbout a week agoI guess you think i ran outBut that's not trueOther people settle downI never doI always have to move onJust have to goI've often wondered why that isI'd like to say but i just don't knowI guess you always wantedLife on your ownI guess you always wantedLife on your ownUp here the summer's shorterAnd winter's very coldI'm looking forward to the peaceMy lonely life will holdI'm really glad you came hereThank you for the talkIt's funny how my problem stoppedWhen we went for a walkStanding here togetherMeans so muchI won't forget your confidenceI won't forget your touchYou know i'll come to see youPassing throughWe'll always be a world apartI'll travel on but i will be trueI guess you always wantedLife on your ownI guess you always wantedLife on your ownI guess you always wantedLife on your ownI guess you always wantedLife on your own

• 3 weeks later...

Snow Police - Every Car You Chase

We do it allEverythingOn our ownWe don't need anything or anyoneIf I lay hereIf I just lay hereWould you lay with me and just forget the worldOh, can't you seeYou belong to meHow my poor heart acheswith every step you takeIf I lay hereIf I just lay hereWould you lay with me and just forget the worldSince you've gone I've been lost without a traceI dream at night I can only see your faceI look around but it's you I can't replaceI feel so cold and I long for your embraceI keep cryin'. Baby baby pleaseI don't quite know how to say how I feelThose three words are said too muchThey're not enoughOh can't you seeYou belong to meHow my poor heart achesWith every step you takeIf I lay hereIf I just lay hereWould you lay with me and just forget the worldI'll be watching you

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my top 80's hit collection, all in 3 volumes, lol.#1Irene Cara-What A feelingAnimotion-ObsessionLuba-Let It GoPartland Brothers-Soul CityStarship-We Built This CityLaura Branigan-Self ControlPatti LaBelle-New AttitudeGlenn Frey-The Heat Is OnTears For Fears-ChangeKajagoogoo-Too ShyThe Romantics-Talking In Your SleepMr. Mister-Broken WingsDuran Duran-The ReflexPhil Collins-Easy LoverTina Turner-What's Love Got To Do With ItJean Beauvoir-Feel The Heat

#2Autograph-Turn Up The RadioShalamar-Don't Get Stopped in Beverly HillsShannon-Give Me TonightYaz-Don't GoDepeche Mode-Everything CountsDuran Duran-New Moon On MondayAndy Taylor-When The Rain Comes DownHoneymoon Suite-Burning In LoveCutting Crew-(I Just) Died In Your ArmsRockwell-Somebody's Watching MeChaka Khan-Own The NightMr. Mister-KyrieDon Henley-Dirty LaundryRobert Tepper-No Easy Way OutBananarama-Cruel SummerCommuter-Young HeartsRobert Palmer-I Didn't Mean To Turn You OnWham!-Everything She Wants

#3Talk Talk-It's My LifePat Benatar-Love Is A BattlefieldStevie Nicks-Stand BackAlfie Zappacosta-We Should Be LoversThe Cars-MagicNaked Eyes-Promises, PromisesEight Seconds-Kiss You (When It's Dangerous)Haywire-Standing In LineA-Ha-The Sun Always Shines On TVSimple Minds-Alive And KickingGlass Tiger-Thin Red LineDead Or Alive-You Spin Me 'RoundShannon-Do You Wanna Get Away?Expose-Come Go With MeStarship-It's Not EnoughDon Johnson-Heartbeat

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Has our conscience shown?Has the sweet breeze blown?Has all kindness gone?Hope still lingers on.I drink myself of newfound pitySitting alone in New York CityAnd I don't know why.Are we listening?Hymns of offering.Have we eyes to see?Love is gathering.All the words that I've been readingHave now started the act of bleedingInto one.So I walk up on highAnd I step to the edgeTo see my world below.And I laugh at myselfWhile the tears roll down.'Cause it's the world I know.It's the world I know.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many 80s songs I think are great, its my absolute favorite music, but if I had to pick ONE, Id say it has to be Phil Collins (I can Feel it)Coming in the air tonight-

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh LordI've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh LordCan you feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh LordWell, if you told me you were drowningI would not lend a handI've seen your face before my friendBut I don't know if you know who I amWell, I was there and I saw what you didI saw it with my own two eyesSo you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've beenIt's all been a pack of liesAnd I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh LordI've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh LordI can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh LordAnd I've been waiting for this moment all my life, Oh Lord, Oh LordWell I remember, I remember don't worryHow could I ever forget, it's the first time, the last time we ever metBut I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you don't fool meThe hurt doesn't show; but the pain still growsIt's no stranger to you or meAnd I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord...

• 1 month later...
Guest kleine miss jackie

@Mac:Awesome song !!! :clap::thumbsup:It's full of emotions, yearning and endless feelings.... :happy::glossy:

Foreigner - I want to know what love is:radio:...love this great song!

• Administrators

Are you asking how to embed the video in the thread or something else?Don't forget to check out our "How To..." section:Click ---> hereand our FAQ section:Click ---> hereBoth contain lots of info. ;)

Are you asking how to embed the video in the thread or something else?Don't forget to check out our "How To..." section:Click ---> hereand our FAQ section:Click ---> hereBoth contain lots of info. ;)

Many thanks, Tim. :thumbsup:

Guest kleine miss jackie

This song isn't from the lovely 80ies, but it sounds like the 80ies...:happy: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2aa3q_def-leppard-when-love-hate-collide_music

Def Leppard - When Love And Hate Collide You could have a change of heart, if you would only change your mind Instead of slamming down the phone girl, for the hundredth timeI got your number on my wall, but I ain't gonna make that callWhen divided we stand baby, united we fallGot the time got a chance gonna make itGot my hands on your heart gonna take itAll I know I can't fight this flameYou could have a change of heart, if you would only change your mindCause I'm crazy 'bout you baby, time after timeWithout youOne night alone Is like a year without you babyDo you have a heart of stoneWithout youCan't stop the hurt insideWhen love and hate collideI don't wanna fight no more, I don't know what we're fighting forWhen we treat each other baby, like an act of warI could tell a million lies and it would come as no surpriseWhen the truth is like a stranger, hits you right between the eyesThere's a time and a place and a reasonAnd I know I got a love to believe inAll I know got to win this time[Repeat Chorus][sOLO]You could have a change of heart, if you would only change your mindCause I'm crazy 'bout you baby...Crazy...CrazyWithout youOne night aloneIs like a year without you babyDo you have a heart of stoneWithout youOne night aloneIs like a year without you babyIf you have a heart at allWithout youCan't stop the hurt insideWhen love and hate collide

:happy:

Long Way To GoI'm new here and this is my first post. I loved the song "Long Way To Go" by Phil Collins and Sting that appeared in "Sons and Lovers", the season 2 finale:While I sitting here trying to think of things to saySomeone lies bleeding in a field somewhereSo it would seem we've still got a long long way to goI've seen all I wanna see todayWhile I sitting here trying to move you anyway I canSomeone's son lies dead in a gutter somewhereAnd it would seem that we've still got a long long way to goBut I can't take it anymoreTurn it off if you want toSwitch it off it will go awayTurn it off if you want toSwitch it off or look awayWhile we're sitting and we talk and talk and we talk some moreSomeone's loved one's heart stops beating in a street somewhereSo it would seem we've still got a long long way to go, I knowI've heard all I wanna hear todayTurn it off if you want to(Turn it off if you want to)Switch it off it will go away(Switch it off it will go away)Turn it off if you want to(Turn it off if you want to)Switch it off or look away(Switch it off it will go away)Switch it off, switch it offSwitch it off, switch it offSwitch it off, switch it offSwitch it off, turn it off