Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

I'm new here and this is my first post. I loved the song "Long Way To Go" by Phil Collins and Sting that appeared in "Sons and Lovers"' date=' the season 2 finale:While I sitting here trying to think of things to saySomeone lies bleeding in a field somewhereSo it would seem we've still got a long long way to goI've seen all I wanna see todayWhile I sitting here trying to move you anyway I canSomeone's son lies dead in a gutter somewhereAnd it would seem that we've still got a long long way to goBut I can't take it anymoreTurn it off if you want toSwitch it off it will go awayTurn it off if you want toSwitch it off or look awayWhile we're sitting and we talk and talk and we talk some moreSomeone's loved one's heart stops beating in a street somewhereSo it would seem we've still got a long long way to go, I knowI've heard all I wanna hear todayTurn it off if you want to(Turn it off if you want to)Switch it off it will go away(Switch it off it will go away)Turn it off if you want to(Turn it off if you want to)Switch it off or look away(Switch it off it will go away)Switch it off, switch it offSwitch it off, switch it offSwitch it off, switch it offSwitch it off, turn it off[/quote'] This is a GREAT song. :thumbsup:

Save a Prayer by Duran Duran

Thank you for this video, the song always reminds me of my teenage years, I remember I liked it so much when I was 17... A long time ago, yet not entirely forgotten. Have any DD songs appeared in the show? I can't remember any yet perhaps they should have as I read somewhere that someone hit upon the idea of creating Sonny Crockett's memorable outfits after watching a "Hungry like a Wolf" video on MTV...
  • Like 1

I think it was in 'Little Prince' when Power Station played a song, you probably know they were a temporary group formed from some of the former Duran Duran members. Would be a good idea for me to get a refresher on Power Station's history.By the way, Duran Duran's new album is almost out!

I think it was in 'Little Prince' when Power Station played a song' date=' you probably know they were a temporary group formed from some of the former Duran Duran members. Would be a good idea for me to get a refresher on Power Station's history.By the way, Duran Duran's new album is almost out![/quote'] Think Power Station did the ending music for Commando as well.

Think Power Station did the ending music for Commando as well.

Ha! I didn't know that! All those action movie ballads were the best.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkTz38gdwO0&feature=related

Ha! I didn't know that! All those action movie ballads were the best.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkTz38gdwO0&feature=related

Yeah, think the lead singer of Power Station also had a singing role in a Vice ep ---think was the ep with the bad cops.

Guest kleine miss jackie

such a great song & video...a-ha'hunting high & low'

Here I amAnd within the reach of my handsShe's sound asleepand she's sweeter nowThan the wildest dreamcould have seen herAnd I watch her slipping awayBut I knowI'll be hunting high and lowHighThere's no end to the lengths I'll go toHunting high and lowHighThere's no end to lengthsI'll goTo find her againUpon this my dreams are dependingThrough the darkI sense the pounding of her heartNext to mineShe's the sweetest love I could findSo I guess I'll be hunting high and lowHighThere's no end to the lengthsI'll go to Hunting High and LowHighDo you know what it means to loveI'm hunting high and lowAnd now she's telling me she's got to go awayI'll always be hunting high and lowHungry for youWatching me tearing myself to piecesHunting high and lowHighThere's no end to the lengths I'll go toOh, for you I'll be hunting high and low:happy::glossy:

such a great song & video...a-ha'hunting high & low'[URL">

Here I amAnd within the reach of my handsShe's sound asleepand she's sweeter nowThan the wildest dreamcould have seen herAnd I watch her slipping awayBut I knowI'll be hunting high and lowHighThere's no end to the lengths I'll go toHunting high and lowHighThere's no end to lengthsI'll goTo find her againUpon this my dreams are dependingThrough the darkI sense the pounding of her heartNext to mineShe's the sweetest love I could findSo I guess I'll be hunting high and lowHighThere's no end to the lengthsI'll go to Hunting High and LowHighDo you know what it means to loveI'm hunting high and lowAnd now she's telling me she's got to go awayI'll always be hunting high and lowHungry for youWatching me tearing myself to piecesHunting high and lowHighThere's no end to the lengths I'll go toOh' date=' for you I'll be hunting high and low[/color']:happy::glossy:
Never heard this one before. I only knew of one AHA song. ;)

Guest kleine miss jackie

Never heard this one before. I only knew of one AHA song. ;)

you don't know 'hunting high and low???? :confused:what a shame... :thumbsdown:Do you like that song currently?let me guess, the only a-ha song you know is 'Take on me', hm?Am I right at this point? :radar:

you don't know 'hunting high and low???? :canfused:what a shame... :thumbsdown:Do you like that song currently?let me guess' date=' the only a-ha song you know is 'Take on me', hm?Am I right at this point? :radar:[/quote'] Not nice to make fun of Burnett, you know. He's a dangerous guy. :evil:

Guest kleine miss jackie

Duran Duran - wild boys(long version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCWyYOOS8FQWild boys, wild boys, wild boysWild boysWild! (wild)Boys! (boys)The wild boys are calling on their way back from the fireIn august moon’s surrender to a dust cloud on the riseWild boys fallen far from glory, reckless and so hungeredOn the razors edge you trail because there’s murder (murder)By the roadside in a sore afraid new worldThey tried to break us, looks like they’ll try againWild boys.. never lose itWild boys.. never chose this wayWild boys.. never close your eyesWild boys.. always shineYou got sirens for a welcome, there’s bloodstain for your painAnd your telephone been ringing while you’re dancing in the rainWild boys wonder where is glory where is all you angelsNow the figureheads have fell?And lovers war with arrows over secrets they could tellThey tried to tame you, looks like they’ll try again(chorus)

Guest kleine miss jackie

Depeche Mode stripped (live -101):glossy::glossy::glossy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4yl9VUC11Y:glossy::glossy::glossy: Come with me Into the trees We'll lay on the grass And let the hours pass Take my hand Come back to the land Let's get away Just for one day Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Metropolis Has nothing on this You're breathing in fumes I taste when we kiss Take my hand Come back to the land Where everything's ours For a few hours Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you Make decisions Without your television Let me hear you speaking Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you speaking Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you crying Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you speaking Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you crying Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you speaking Just for me...

Guest kleine miss jackie

New Ordertrue faith

I feel so extraordinarySomething's got a hold on meI get this feeling I'm in motionA sudden sense of libertyI don't care 'cause I'm not thereAnd I don't care if I'm here tomorrowAgain and again I've taken too muchOf the things that cost you too muchI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...When I was a very small boy,Very small boys talked to meNow that we've grown up togetherThey're afraid of what they seeThat's the price that we all payOur valued destiny comes to nothingI can't tell you where we're goingI guess there was just no way of knowingI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...I feel so extraordinarySomething's got a hold on meI get this feeling I'm in motionA sudden sense of libertyThe chances are we've gone too farYou took my time and you took my moneyNow I fear you've left me standingIn a world that's so demandingI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...

[SIZE=4">

New Ordertrue faith

I feel so extraordinarySomething's got a hold on meI get this feeling I'm in motionA sudden sense of libertyI don't care 'cause I'm not thereAnd I don't care if I'm here tomorrowAgain and again I've taken too muchOf the things that cost you too muchI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost' date=' replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...When I was a very small boy,[/b']Very small boys talked to meNow that we've grown up togetherThey're afraid of what they seeThat's the price that we all payOur valued destiny comes to nothingI can't tell you where we're goingI guess there was just no way of knowingI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...I feel so extraordinarySomething's got a hold on meI get this feeling I'm in motionA sudden sense of libertyThe chances are we've gone too farYou took my time and you took my moneyNow I fear you've left me standingIn a world that's so demandingI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...

Nice. I like this song as well. :thumbsup:

The Brits strike again. I love New Order. Have always been in my top ten. Their 90s and 00s albums are absolutely, 100% worth buying [Republic (1993), Get Ready (2001), Waiting for the Sirens' Call (2005)] and I think are better produced than their '80s. Here's Regret (1993, sorry for bending the rule a bit): http://www.guba.com/watch/3000095603 .

Guest kleine miss jackie

AlphavilleDance with Me

(great German synthie-pop)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfoIF8zpVCw&NR=1

When the heat of light melts into the speeding time When the king returns from the ivory city side. Let the magnet-images wave the signals flashing oh so fast Then you'll meet me there under the moonshine. In a lover's heaven we'll keep our promises at last In a lover's heaven we'll forget the past. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're reaching the gardens of delight. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're drowning in empires of delight. In the stardust dawn underneath the chrystal roofs Where the solar boys 're playing games they never loose. Where the sailors 're swaying through the lightdomes Shining from the skies There you'll meet me daxling anyway. In a lover's heaven we'll keep our promlses at last In a lover's heaven we'll forget the past. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're reaching the gardens of delight. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're drowning in empires of delight. In a lover's heaven we'll keep our promises at last In a lover's heaven we'll forget the past. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're reaching the gardens of delight. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're drowning in empires of delight. Do you want to dance with me through one of those lonely nights? It's more than a dream maybe we're reaching the gardens of delight.

[SIZE=4">

New Ordertrue faith

I feel so extraordinarySomething's got a hold on meI get this feeling I'm in motionA sudden sense of libertyI don't care 'cause I'm not thereAnd I don't care if I'm here tomorrowAgain and again I've taken too muchOf the things that cost you too muchI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost' date=' replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...When I was a very small boy,[/b']Very small boys talked to meNow that we've grown up togetherThey're afraid of what they seeThat's the price that we all payOur valued destiny comes to nothingI can't tell you where we're goingI guess there was just no way of knowingI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...I feel so extraordinarySomething's got a hold on meI get this feeling I'm in motionA sudden sense of libertyThe chances are we've gone too farYou took my time and you took my moneyNow I fear you've left me standingIn a world that's so demandingI used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fearI used to think that the day would never comeThat my life would depend on the morning sun...

How ironic. I just heard this in my car on the radio. Great song. ;)

Depeche Mode stripped (live -101):glossy::glossy::glossy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4yl9VUC11Y:glossy::glossy::glossy: Come with me Into the trees We'll lay on the grass And let the hours pass Take my hand Come back to the land Let's get away Just for one day Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Metropolis Has nothing on this You're breathing in fumes I taste when we kiss Take my hand Come back to the land Where everything's ours For a few hours Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you Make decisions Without your television Let me hear you speaking Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you speaking Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you crying Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you speaking Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you crying Just for me Let me see you Stripped down to the bone Let me hear you speaking Just for me...

Is it just me or is it getting warm here on the Forum??? :hot::hot::o:o:p:p