Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

@Sonny-Burnett:I think you should simply put sometimes the heating a little low' date=' maybe this could help you... :D:D:D:p;)[/quote'] Yeah, that's just what I needed......Not. :p:pI think I need some Foreigner on.

Guest kleine miss jackie

@Sonny_Burnett:Oh yes, some foreigner sounds damn good to me... :glossy:please post the video of 'waiting for a girl like you' again.... PLEASE! :radio::radar:

@Sonny_Burnett:please post the video of 'waiting for a girl like you' again.... PLEASE! :radio::radar:

Anything for LMD. It is one of my all time favorites for many moons now.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDqMUzwO7yg

Thank you Mr. Burnett, I love Foreigner (although I don't like Callie, hihi). I've been listening to it all evening long - "Head Games", "Feels like the First Time", "Urgent" and so many other tracks. It's the end of the 1970s, though, I know...

Thank you Mr. Burnett' date=' I love Foreigner (although I don't like Callie, hihi). I've been listening to it all evening long - "Head Games", "Feels like the First Time", "Urgent" and so many other tracks. It's the end of the 1970s, though, I know...[/quote'] You're very welcome, Brenda. Me too. I have the 2 disc Definitive Collection of Foreigner. Great tracks.You're right about the time period. Didn't some of their hits go into the 80s?But I still like Callie. ;);)

I have the 2 disc Definitive Collection of Foreigner. Great tracks.You're right about the time period. Didn't some of their hits go into the 80s?
Their biggest hits went into the 80s' date=' that's right - I remember that in my country they reached the peak of popularity in that decade ("Foreigner 4", "Agent Provocateur" and "Inside Information" were their most popular albums here).
But I still like Callie. ;);)
You're still blind, pal.:D

Guest kleine miss jackie

RoxetteListen to your Heart (before you tell him goodbye...)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktRsl2hAPhY&feature=related

I know there's something in the wake of your smile I get a notion from the look in your eyes yeah you built a love but that love falls apart your little piece of heaven turns too dark Listen to your heart when he's calling for you listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile the precious moments are all lost in the tide yeah they're swept away and nothing is what it seems the feeling of belonging to your dreams Listen to your heart when he's calling for you listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye And there are voices that want to be heard so much to mention but you can't find the words the scent of magic the beauty that's been when love was wilder than the wind Listen to your heart (take a listen to him) when he's calling for you listen to your heart (take a listen to him) there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why listen to your heart before oh Listen to your heart (take a listen to him) when he's calling for you listen to your heart (take a listen to him) there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye Oh take a listen to it oh oh oh oh take a take a listen to it hey yeah yeah hey yeah

RoxetteListen to your Heart (before you tell him goodbye...)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktRsl2hAPhY&feature=related

I know there's something in the wake of your smile I get a notion from the look in your eyes yeah you built a love but that love falls apart your little piece of heaven turns too dark Listen to your heart when he's calling for you listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile the precious moments are all lost in the tide yeah they're swept away and nothing is what it seems the feeling of belonging to your dreams Listen to your heart when he's calling for you listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye And there are voices that want to be heard so much to mention but you can't find the words the scent of magic the beauty that's been when love was wilder than the wind Listen to your heart (take a listen to him) when he's calling for you listen to your heart (take a listen to him) there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why listen to your heart before oh Listen to your heart (take a listen to him) when he's calling for you listen to your heart (take a listen to him) there's nothing else you can do I don't know where you're going and I don't know why listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye Oh take a listen to it oh oh oh oh take a take a listen to it hey yeah yeah hey yeah
I have this CD --wasn't this around '93? Great track. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest kleine miss jackie

Phil CollinsAgainst all Odds (Take a look at me now)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjEcIANv1o

How can I just let you walk away Just let you leave without a trace When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh You're the only one who really knew me at all How can you just walk away from me When all I can do is watch you leave Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain And even shared the tears You're the only one who really knew me at all So take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space And there's nothing left here to remind me Just the memory of your face Take a look at me now, 'cause there's an empty space And you coming back to me is against all odds and that's what I've got to face I wish I could just make you turn around Turn around and see me cry There's so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why You're the only one who really knew me at all So take a look at me now, 'cause there's an empty space And there's nothing left here to remind me Just the memory of your face Take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space But to wait for you, well that's all I can do and that's what I've got to face Take a good look at me now, 'cause I'll still be standing here And you coming back to me is against all odds That's the chance I've got to take, oh, oho Just take a look at me now

Guest kleine miss jackie

a-haManhattan Skyline

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoaQeXBpLdA&playnext=1&list=PL6CB67F103F1298F2&index=7

We sit and watch umbrellas fly I'm trying to keep my newspaper dry I hear myself say, "my boat's leaving now" ...so we shake hands and cry Now i must wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye You know I don't want to cry again I don't want to cry again Don't want to say goodbye I don't want to cry again I don't want to run away Don't want to race this pain I'll never see your face again Oh but how How can you say That i didn't try... you know i did We leave to their goodbyes I've come to depend on the look in their eyes My blood's sweet for pain The wind and the rain bring back words of a song And they say: wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye But you know I don't want to fall again Don't want to look this pain Don't want another friend Don't want to try again Don't want to see you hurt Don't let me see you hurt I don't want to cry again I'll never see your face again How can you say That i didn't try You know i did You see things in the depths of my eyes That my love's run dry ...so i read to myself: A chance of a lifetime to see new horizons On the front page A black and white picture Of manhattan skyline

Guest kleine miss jackie

Pet Shop BoysRent

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLsPomQw_s

You dress me up I'm your puppet you buy me things I love it you bring me food I need it you give me love I feed it And look at the two of us in sympathy with everything we see I never want anything it's easy you buy whatever I need but look at my hopes look at my dreams the currency we've spent I love you you pay my rent I love you you pay my rent You phone me in the evening on hearsay and bought me caviar you took me to a restaurant off Broadway to tell me who you are we never ever argue we never calculate the currency we've spent I love you you pay my rent I love you you pay my rent I'm your puppet – I love it And look at the two of us in sympathy and sometimes ecstasy words mean so little and moneyless when you're lying next to me but look at my hopes look at my dreams the currency we've spent I love you you pay my rent I love you you pay my rent Look at my hopes look at my dreams the currency we've spent I love you you pay my rent I love you you pay my rent I love you you pay my rent…. you pay my rent

[SIZE=5">

Phil CollinsAgainst all Odds (Take a look at me now)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjEcIANv1o

How can I just let you walk away Just let you leave without a trace When I stand here taking every breath with you' date=' ooh You're the only one who really knew me at all[/b'] How can you just walk away from me When all I can do is watch you leave Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain And even shared the tears You're the only one who really knew me at all So take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space And there's nothing left here to remind me Just the memory of your face Take a look at me now, 'cause there's an empty space And you coming back to me is against all odds and that's what I've got to face I wish I could just make you turn around Turn around and see me cry There's so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why You're the only one who really knew me at all So take a look at me now, 'cause there's an empty space And there's nothing left here to remind me Just the memory of your face Take a look at me now, 'cause there's just an empty space But to wait for you, well that's all I can do and that's what I've got to face Take a good look at me now, 'cause I'll still be standing here And you coming back to me is against all odds That's the chance I've got to take, oh, oho Just take a look at me now
Great song and good movie. Sad ending though...

Guest kleine miss jackie

a-haThere's never a forever thing

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqBB17zUvTQ

Dearest...Dry your eyes nowDon't you cryIt's all rightLie backLeave the light onIt's all right, dearI'll be here through the nightWith you till the first signs of lightSay the word and i'll come tonightIt's all right now Don't you cry nowHush...Wipe your tears awayThere's never a forever thingAll through the nightI'll try so hard to be there somehowWith you till the first signs of lightSay the word and i'll comeTonightDarling, don't youCry.....

Guest kleine miss jackie

Public Image Ltd. Order Of Death [MV / Little Miss Dangerous]

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lv1nRmaeoU

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBj0XNgt-IM&feature=related

Guest kleine miss jackie

No Mr. Burnett, I just love this track 'the order of death' and of course the end_sequence of 'LMD'... :glossy::glossy:Even though this one never made the charts I play it often:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjGwhHFNow&playnext=1&list=PL1DA7D7E6C71D3357&index=11

This is really a good one from T.Truman !!!:radio:

[SIZE=5">

a-ha

Manhattan Skyline

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoaQeXBpLdA&playnext=1&list=PL6CB67F103F1298F2&index=7

We sit and watch umbrellas fly I'm trying to keep my newspaper dry I hear myself say' date=' "my boat's leaving now" ...so we shake hands and cry Now i must wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye[/b'] You know I don't want to cry again I don't want to cry again Don't want to say goodbye I don't want to cry again I don't want to run away Don't want to race this pain I'll never see your face again Oh but how How can you say That i didn't try... you know i did We leave to their goodbyes I've come to depend on the look in their eyes My blood's sweet for pain The wind and the rain bring back words of a song And they say: wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye Wave goodbye But you know I don't want to fall again Don't want to look this pain Don't want another friend Don't want to try again Don't want to see you hurt Don't let me see you hurt I don't want to cry again I'll never see your face again How can you say That i didn't try You know i did You see things in the depths of my eyes That my love's run dry ...so i read to myself: A chance of a lifetime to see new horizons On the front page A black and white picture Of manhattan skyline

Somehow that song seems very depressing to me...

Guest kleine miss jackie

@Sonny-Burnett:Many songs of a-ha have a little depressing undertone, that's one of the reasons why I like their music that much.And 'Manhattan Skyline' is one of my all time favourites. I like especially the switch between smoothly & ruff in this song :glossy::radio: