Interesting Find.....

67SuperSnake

Nice find!Looks to be in good shape?Nice interior too!Recently I saw one just like it with a red leather interior...how awful!!!Red does nothing for me..........................

Ah that one, I showed that to alleycat a little while back as it showed up on ebay motors of all places.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-Testarossa-2-Owner-Low-1986-FERRARI-TESTAROSSA-FLYING-MIRROR-2-OWNER-EXTRA-CLEAN-LOW-MILE-/121038684835?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c2e77c2a3cant say I care for the interior colors, way too brown, I kind of miss the beadblasted finish on the rims plus I was reading a post on ferrarichat about how you have to have those kind of rims checked out to make sure there still goodas there made of magnesium and can crack and become brittle over time, hence why while there on the classic ferrari's they stopped putting them on past the 86, 87 model years, which means that unless that means they've been chromed he may have put the rims at risk there by polishing off the beadblasted finish.but that also means that don's was one of the last a pillars and one of the last cars to come standard with those rims which I honestly like better than the latter ones. but still I think this one to me just looks a 100 times better to me than that onehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-Testarossa-Euro-50-State-Legal-1985-Ferrari-Testarossa-Flying-Mirror-Engine-Out-Major-/271117735700?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f1fe05714latter two piece turn signal that's mostly white making the nose seem less boxy, silver paint job and an all black interior

Very nice find. The many pictures on the Seller's website gave a particularly detailed view of the interior as well and I had not seen that before. Thanks for sharing.But the price seems a little high to me, given that I have seen several later model Ferraris selling for that price range. Just this summer a mechanic I know was trying to find a buyer for a 96 in that range.

Very nice find. The many pictures on the Seller's website gave a particularly detailed view of the interior as well and I had not seen that before. Thanks for sharing.But the price seems a little high to me' date=' given that I have seen several later model Ferraris selling for that price range. Just this summer a mechanic I know was trying to find a buyer for a 96 in that range.[/quote']I heard it's an expensive car to own. I heard that they have to drop the engine to do some service on it. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard it's an expensive car to own. I heard that they have to drop the engine to do some service on it. Can anyone confirm this?

Yep. The mechanic I mentioned did pull the engine on the 96 Ferrari model he was servicing this summer. I think he said he charged the owner around $12,000 for maintenance on the car and the Dealer wanted closer to $17,000. It was a pretty major maintenance. But I am told you can even spend $6K to $8K on normal maintenance per year on some of these older cars. So to your point before buying one of these you'd have to see when the last major service was done and verify same before settling on a price.

Yep. The mechanic I mentioned did pull the engine on the 96 Ferrari model he was servicing this summer. I think he said he charged the owner around $12' date='000 for maintenance on the car and the Dealer wanted closer to $17,000. It was a pretty major maintenance. But I am told you can even spend $6K to $8K on normal maintenance per year on some of these older cars. So to your point before buying one of these you'd have to see when the last major service was done and verify same before settling on a price.[/quote']It's not just the cost of the car, or the insurance, but the maintenance will kill ya!

It's not just the cost of the car' date=' or the insurance, but the maintenance will kill ya![/quote']yeah I think its a standard clutch job, something to do with the way it was rigged up that its on par with an evo.basically I think its every 15,000 miles the clutch needs to be changed, or atleast checked.a 5K job I think.96 though, are you sure I thought they stopped making the tr in 1995, when they went over to the 550 after the 512.

96 though' date=' are you sure I thought they stopped making the tr in 1995, when they went over to the 550 after the 512.[/quote']It was a 1996 Ferrari 355, not a Testa. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7298[/ATTACH]

post-36-13892965123581_thumb.jpg

ah that's why, didnt figure the 355 would be one of the ones effected by that.but as of late they did say that for the recent models like the ferrari kharma ghia herehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_California that they were going to try and redesign them so it was easier for people to work on and thus less costlyprobably try and pull the engine far enough forward or not so close to the firewall so that people can work on the clutch and the internals for the most part without pulling the motoron the other hand maybe it had some serious problems with the 355 there, it is a 18 year old car by now and they typically dont get driven like they should and it is 5 valves per cylinder but the reason that the cars have to have the engines pulled to have work done like that is why GM sticks to the corvette's current front engine layout and had stuck with the traditional engine and tranny in the front from the C1 to C4.not sure if after that it became harder for them to work on with them moving over to a transaxel on the C5 and from the sound of it they did try and make another roatary engined midengined vette for the C7 like they tried to do with the C3 in 1977 but that fell through. probably why it looks like the rear area is as big as the front on it and it looks more like a new skyline and the roatary engine prototype of 77' than the normal corvette. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Aerovette

cost again, yet despite the advances there still using the rear axel fiberglass leafsprings of the 1980 corvette's on them, 30 years later and for the new car.its gotten to the point that when someone wants to make one handle better that's the first thing they tear out and redo on them yet they still keep putting it on, weird.but still regardless that's why you still see american everyday cars and sedans with that layout and I still think he should have been driving a F355 in Nero black metalico with a saddle leather interior in the vice movie as to follow the same cut as the show.using a coveted, the last of its kind vintage ferrari as the 355 was the last of the old school ferrari's in alot of ways.