The Testarossa at night in 2012

Kavinsky

Well we had a homage to the daytona scene with a dodge charger

now we have it with the Testarossa in red

gotta say she looks far cooler in red than white.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7S9sbzSx00

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX9Yk_B3cwY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Great clip - looks brill- thankyou :D

Yeah its nice to see him behind the wheel given his music has been used for Vice fan videos before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uszxvNTHk

just not with him, the artist behind the wheel, guess I should have also taken the name as a hint now that I think of itTestarossa = Red Head, meaning the company probably recommends it be in red, and I know the 84 prototype was in Red as well

I really enjoyed these videos Kavinsky.Do you have any idea who made them, or why?Also, a Dodge charger is, in fact a pretty fast car isn't it?The video that has the Ferrari is also cool, but that Ferrari should have been able to corner, and drive faster than the Mustang, yet the mustang was on his tail. Great videos! It shows once again, MIAMI VICE still influences people. The IN THE AIR TONIGHT night driving scene from the pilot is almost as famous as anything from a movie in theaters. People just know it. What a true work of art that scene was. Absolutely the most famous scene from MIAMI VICE. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed these videos Kavinsky.Do you have any idea who made them' date=' or why?Also, a Dodge charger is, in fact a pretty fast car isn't it?The video that has the Ferrari is also cool, but that Ferrari should have been able to corner, and drive faster than the Mustang, yet the mustang was on his tail. Great videos! It shows once again, MIAMI VICE still influences people. The IN THE AIR TONIGHT night driving scene from the pilot is almost as famous as anything from a movie in theaters. People just know it. What a true work of art that scene was. Absolutely the most famous scene from MIAMI VICE. :thumbsup:[/quote']With the TR being followed by the econobox Ford Mustang 2 there the idea is that he is purposely leading him somewhere to ambush him like he does with the testarossa's cloaking devicehence why he just doesnt do what I think Crockett should have done in stones war when being chased by the bad guys in that shitbox, shift it into third at 2:49
hit a straight, put a quarter mile between them pull a hard right into an alleyway and watch them go by after putting a and then just drive off in the opposite direction at high speed for awhileor do what michale weston did in the pilot episode of burn notice, get them stuck behind a fence by driving through random back roads and alleyways and drive away with that old beameractually in the way the Character is rigged up basically he and his car are a ghost, a self repairing one, ala christine from the steven king book
brought back to play music lol, hence the whole vibe of Kavinsky's musicthat song was also featured in GTA 4 by the way, right off the bat he got a serious boost in popularity as soon as he hit the scene, granted it was a slight remix of it
The bit with the charger was done for a movie camera blogspot thing, one of the other members posted it here first, basically showing that what took probably 300 pounds of video equipment, serious mods to the car and all that could be done with a 500 dollar camera mounted to the car without damaging it nowadaysas the car was being sold overseas I think it said, it may now be an english or euro charger now, not that unusual, one of the 14 hemi cuda covertibiles of 71' was found in of all places franceand that is what leno does with his car vids now, right at the begining of the ZR1 video you can see the camera they use now
although I found the video of the charger when it was uploaded to youtube while searching for videos of a 69 Charger I believethe dodge charger back in the day was a fast sedan, but not that fast. It is a heavy something like 4000 pound car with a 280 - 320 horsepower motor depending on how its rigged up with the 440 CI motor
not the 383 the dukes of hazzard 69 charger frequently had, that's tops with a heavier but much more powerful big block motor, the 383 was probably about 220 - 250 if thatas a recent test of a GM COPO (cop car motor, they used a loop hole in the GM ordering system to give that to civilians for about 5 years curtsey of Don Yenko and Baldwin Moton out of New York) 427 put out approximately 280 HP, and that was with all of the trimmings, but the CI back then does make a huge difference in HP ratingsalso the 426 and 427's are supposed to be a middle ground between the big and small blocks, on the upper end unlike the 383 and the one chevy had for that, forget the number396 I thinkso the 426 hemi thing does not mean its more powerful and faster than all of them, its just a tougher and more reliabile engine, THAT'S IT and that's where it falls in the food chain of performancehell my old man told me they used to use them as energy generators on the airbase he was stationed at, the would go hours upon hours without any trouble, industrial hemi generators provided by the Chrysler corporation back when they were heavily branched out and a much more capable engineering firm back in the 50's till the early 70's hell they had a branch completely devoted to air conditioning back then and when you got a luxury car from them like my old man had with the 66 Imperial with all the trimmings it cooled like you wouldnt believe and they were one of the few to get the old school bias ply tires and old style suspension to handle like modern car with the torsion bar suspension back in 69'
mind you with modern parts and all the trimmings they can reach there previously exagerated HP and torque figures and above with the 427 and 440's, hell the modernized version of the 350 I found in a 72 Corvette with solid lifters and all of the specialites made today was putting out a healthy 250 HPand that's the small block.but top top end on them is a 140, 0 - 60 sub 10 seconds, about sub 8 vs the real daytona and testarossa's acceleration about sub 6 secondsvs the top end of the vette with a 190 HP 350 V8 of 77 with a top speed of a 132 mph, vs the daytona at 170 with 360 HP and the TR at 180 with 380HPkeep in mind though, those had the equivalent of one barrel per cylinder on the daytona, 6, 2 barrel carbs hence tommy's comment when working on the real onemost V8's of that time period to get better gas mileage had only one 2 or 4 barrel carb and there was a 6 barrel race one that wasnt used too much on the road cars out therehence why on the TR even though the thing could probably of had 440 HP in euro spec form with the same layout of carbs like the daytona they kept it down to 380, while the eurospec countach was 440 HP with 6 webber carbs,detuned down to the 400 some HP in american spec, putting it at about the TR level with 20 more HP but about half the gas mileage. The charger is aerodynamically limited to that by the way, the thing has the aerodynamics of a brick sadly, hence the superbird version of it with the modified nose and the area over the rear window
which gave it a much higher top speed supposedly with the race engines, if you were crazy enough to do that back then.mind you nowadays supercars are reaching that in 3 seconds now with the 0 - 60 times.but regardless I'm glad to see the man behind the wheel of the TR and it seeing some vice action again, even if the white ones stuck in the swap meet and the D is retired and living a comfortable life.Edit: Forgot one thing, one of the main strengths of the In The Air Tonight scene is that you can clearly hear the engine during a good part of it, namely when the tempo kicks up after the phone call and Crockett floors it, sadly the only time you hear the 440 of that charger is right at the beginning, kind of why it seems a little off along with the spicing in the middle.

hit a straight, put a quarter mile between them pull a hard right into an alleyway and watch them go by after putting a and then just drive off in the opposite direction at high speed for awhileor do what michale weston did in the pilot episode of burn notice, get them stuck behind a fence by driving through random back roads and alleyways and drive away with that old beameractually in the way the Character is rigged up basically he and his car are a ghost, a self repairing one, ala christine from the steven king book
brought back to play music lol, hence the whole vibe of Kavinsky's musicthat song was also featured in GTA 4 by the way, right off the bat he got a serious boost in popularity as soon as he hit the scene, granted it was a slight remix of it
The bit with the charger was done for a movie camera blogspot thing, one of the other members posted it here first, basically showing that what took probably 300 pounds of video equipment, serious mods to the car and all that could be done with a 500 dollar camera mounted to the car without damaging it nowadaysas the car was being sold overseas I think it said, it may now be an english or euro charger now, not that unusual, one of the 14 hemi cuda covertibiles of 71' was found in of all places franceand that is what leno does with his car vids now, right at the begining of the ZR1 video you can see the camera they use now
although I found the video of the charger when it was uploaded to youtube while searching for videos of a 69 Charger I believethe dodge charger back in the day was a fast sedan, but not that fast. It is a heavy something like 4000 pound car with a 280 - 320 horsepower motor depending on how its rigged up with the 440 CI motor
not the 383 the dukes of hazzard 69 charger frequently had, that's tops with a heavier but much more powerful big block motor, the 383 was probably about 220 - 250 if thatas a recent test of a GM COPO (cop car motor, they used a loop hole in the GM ordering system to give that to civilians for about 5 years curtsey of Don Yenko and Baldwin Moton out of New York) 427 put out approximately 280 HP, and that was with all of the trimmings, but the CI back then does make a huge difference in HP ratingsalso the 426 and 427's are supposed to be a middle ground between the big and small blocks, on the upper end unlike the 383 and the one chevy had for that, forget the number396 I thinkso the 426 hemi thing does not mean its more powerful and faster than all of them, its just a tougher and more reliabile engine, THAT'S IT and that's where it falls in the food chain of performancehell my old man told me they used to use them as energy generators on the airbase he was stationed at, the would go hours upon hours without any trouble, industrial hemi generators provided by the Chrysler corporation back when they were heavily branched out and a much more capable engineering firm back in the 50's till the early 70's hell they had a branch completely devoted to air conditioning back then and when you got a luxury car from them like my old man had with the 66 Imperial with all the trimmings it cooled like you wouldnt believe and they were one of the few to get the old school bias ply tires and old style suspension to handle like modern car with the torsion bar suspension back in 69'
mind you with modern parts and all the trimmings they can reach there previously exagerated HP and torque figures and above with the 427 and 440's, hell the modernized version of the 350 I found in a 72 Corvette with solid lifters and all of the specialites made today was putting out a healthy 250 HPand that's the small block.but top top end on them is a 140, 0 - 60 sub 10 seconds, about sub 8 vs the real daytona and testarossa's acceleration about sub 6 secondsvs the top end of the vette with a 190 HP 350 V8 of 77 with a top speed of a 132 mph, vs the daytona at 170 with 360 HP and the TR at 180 with 380HPkeep in mind though, those had the equivalent of one barrel per cylinder on the daytona, 6, 2 barrel carbs hence tommy's comment when working on the real onemost V8's of that time period to get better gas mileage had only one 2 or 4 barrel carb and there was a 6 barrel race one that wasnt used too much on the road cars out therehence why on the TR even though the thing could probably of had 440 HP in euro spec form with the same layout of carbs like the daytona they kept it down to 380, while the eurospec countach was 440 HP with 6 webber carbs,detuned down to the 400 some HP in american spec, putting it at about the TR level with 20 more HP but about half the gas mileage. The charger is aerodynamically limited to that by the way, the thing has the aerodynamics of a brick sadly, hence the superbird version of it with the modified nose and the area over the rear window
which gave it a much higher top speed supposedly with the race engines, if you were crazy enough to do that back then.mind you nowadays supercars are reaching that in 3 seconds now with the 0 - 60 times.but regardless I'm glad to see the man behind the wheel of the TR and it seeing some vice action again, even if the white ones stuck in the swap meet and the D is retired and living a comfortable life.Edit: Forgot one thing, one of the main strengths of the In The Air Tonight scene is that you can clearly hear the engine during a good part of it, namely when the tempo kicks up after the phone call and Crockett floors it, sadly the only time you hear the 440 of that charger is right at the beginning, kind of why it seems a little off along with the spicing in the middle.
Thanks for your informative answer Kavinsky!

Your Welcome I sift through the missinformation to bring you the truth lol

That you do, and you do it well! I'm glad we're buds. :tasse:

Thought this was worth adding, just came across this while browsing featuring a video of a white 512 TR testarossa

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhbyNHUFJWY

with a new track from peter guja on youtube, says theres an extended version due as well TR fans.also figured this falls under the same category, found this of the guy who had the customized TR from ferrarichat with the latter 512M front end on it at 1:27 that I posted about a few times

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaXpkCHdEQ

and yes that is a normal TR modified to look like that, wish he had kept the original tail lights though instead of also putting on the 512M's rear lights
looks like he changed the rims since I last saw the latest photos of it.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7S9sbzSx00

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX9Yk_B3cwY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

I do like the video the kavinsky with the red ferrai testarossa.She does look cool in red it stands out and the music is really good in the video.He really smoked those tires.Very cool

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhbyNHUFJWY with a new track from peter guja on youtube, says theres an extended version due as well TR fans.also figured this falls under the same category, found this of the guy who had the customized TR from ferrarichat with the latter 512M front end on it at 1:27 that I posted about a few times

and yes that is a normal TR modified to look like that, wish he had kept the original tail lights though instead of also putting on the 512M's rear lights
The one thing that got my attention after watching the videos was the tires they looked different compare when I saw the the testarossa on vice.Of course it could be the rims that's why.But I noticed after watching it.

The one thing that got my attention after watching the videos was the tires they looked different compare when I saw the the testarossa on vice.Of course it could be the rims that's why.But I noticed after watching it.

Yeah both rims on those two cars are aftermarket, the one on the vice cars were a magnesium star type that was made between 1984 - 1987, before they switched over to a different type of wheel construction.also its worth noting that magnesium over time can become brittle and the rims on the vice car would have to be checked out to make sure there still good.sadly I don't think anyone makes any modern 16 inch replicas of them since ferrari hasnt made those in many years.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhbyNHUFJWY with a new track from peter guja on youtube, says theres an extended version due as well TR fans.also figured this falls under the same category, found this of the guy who had the customized TR from ferrarichat with the latter 512M front end on it at 1:27 that I posted about a few times

I just bought Peter Guja soundtrack on itunes with the ferrai theme and some other songs its pretty good

Hmm come to think about it I think along with nofrez he's on here as well somewhere, personally this is the one I always have running in the background when I stumble upon his channel after it pops up in the suggestions once in awhile

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kqBFaOszLU

but I do also really like that ferrari one, one thing I kind of have in the back of my mind is that I'd like to redo the TR intro scene with the daytona someday and that would be an excellent choice of music for that.with the dialog: 160 mph, 300 horsepower, no abs, no traction control, no powersteering, no flappy paddle gear box, just pure old school V8 powerabsolutely essential for any sort of serious undercover work huh? you got that right!as those specs would put it on par with a period cobra more or less with all of the amenities, unlike a cobra, which I think doesnt even have windows. and you could probably get that out of it with a 454, or damn close to it.anyways though have you seen this one before?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuVwTAGhQ4

as the Com Truise stuff is kind of good in of itself too and I'm surprised this hasnt been used before.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLiJnFS4Hkw