Miami Vice Crew Poncho For Sale On Ebay...

mvnyc

I tried to bid on it at a lower offe3r but it wouldn't accept it so I broke down and paid full price...what the hack!?!?Now I have a piece of history (no matter how trivial) and I can rank up there with Coop's wardrobe now :) hahahahahahahahaCoop... I'll take a picture of me wearing it down at the Marina...oh and I won't show my head either :)see ya buddy........................

• Administrators

Coop... I'll take a picture of me wearing it down at the Marina...oh and I won't show my head either :)see ya buddy........................

:thumbsup::clap:

I tried to bid on it at a lower offe3r but it wouldn't accept it so I broke down and paid full price...what the hack!?!?Now I have a piece of history (no matter how trivial) and I can rank up there with Coop's wardrobe now :) hahahahahahahahaCoop... I'll take a picture of me wearing it down at the Marina...oh and I won't show my head either :)see ya buddy........................
You should thank me. Originally' date=' he had it listed as $99 for a starting bid, with a buy it now at $110.00. [url']http://www.ebay.com/itm/221149867177?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649I already own one in my collection. I let him know that he was asking way too much for that item. We discussed it, and he lowered it, perhaps twice to get it to buy it now at $50.Posting this thread has stolen my thunder. As I'm about to post about mine. When someone posts this, my fun of posting about mine is gone. I enjoy sharing things that nobody knows about, and these kind of posts are really a downer for me. Regardless, I'll unenthusiasicly post about mine now.Congrats Stinger! You and I are the only people that I personally know that own these ponchos! That puts you in an elite class my friend! I'll be curious who's name is silkscreened on the front of yours.(P.S., Remember Pal, It was I who saved you money on this purchase ;) lol )

Posting this thread has stolen my thunder. As I'm about to post about mine. When someone posts this' date=' my fun of posting about mine is gone. I enjoy sharing things that nobody knows about, and these kind of posts are really a downer for me. [/quote']It was not my intention to "steal your thunder", just to bring attention to Miami Vice-related things that are out there in the public domain, such as this, for example:http://www.thegoldencloset.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=P01122

I know Pal.I'd like to appologize for any misunderstanding.What I meant to explain (and should in a bit more detail) is that I have owned one of these rare items for a few months now, and have been waiting to post it. My main reason for waiting to post this pretty cool item (it's mega rare) is that I have been asking the Mods for help. I can't get the title on my SCRAPBOOK SECTION to be all capitals, like I used to have to get members attention to a new cool item. It seems the last several items just aren't being seen as much as they used to be when I posted something new, so I was asking for help in correcting that. I want members to see cool vintage Miami Vice cast and crew items!Anyway, when I saw that you posted this thread, my heart sunk. I own one, and have been planning on posting it, but I was waiting for an answer, or to have the title words be capable of all capitals for announcements of this caliber. I wasn't being petty, and even Ferrariman PMed me about this, thinking I was not being kind to Stinger. Nothing could be further from the truth. Stinger is my bud. I was bummed because of the posting of this thread in general (because I have not posted the poncho I own yet, and have been wanting to) not Stinger buying it. I'm thrilled that my Pal owns one too!!Anyway, I wanted to explain why I felt my "thunder was stolen", as this was my one big item to share. Congrats again Stinger!-Coop

Now I have a piece of history (no matter how trivial) Nice find Stinger..congrats!
Actually I have to thank MVNYC for the ebay posting.Hey Coop... just saw your posting and its fantastic. Love the inside story on this item and the detailed pics.Thanks again pal for letting us in on some intersting history and I was merely kidding and joking around about the trivial thing, as I really didn't realise how rare this item was. It didn't hold a candle to the articles you have, as I am in awe of your collection, especially the jackets, and thought this would be some knockoff thing. You have proved it to be an actual artifact and now I guess we both own one! hahahahahaahaBy the way, saw your boat on the model thread. We got to get together someday and play motorboats! :)

Actually I have to thank MVNYC for the ebay posting.Hey Coop... just saw your posting and its fantastic. Love the inside story on this item and the detailed pics.Thanks again pal for letting us in on some intersting history and I was merely kidding and joking around about the trivial thing' date=' as I really didn't realise how rare this item was. It didn't hold a candle to the articles you have' date=' as I am in awe of your collection, especially the jackets, and thought this would be some knockoff thing. You have proved it to be an actual artifact and now I guess we both own one! hahahahahaahaBy the way, saw your boat on the model thread. We got to get together someday and play motorboats! :)[/quote'']Stinger.....who loves ya baby? I do pal! As I mentioned, you and I are actually the ONLY people I'm aware of that has one! When you get yours, post the pictures on "the other" poncho thread. ;)Your awesome Stinger! :thumbsup:

big item to share. Congrats again Stinger!-Coop

No worries...I am well aware of what you bring to the table here, it doesn't go unnoticed (CAPS or not)...:)

Did you pay the full price on ebay?:D

Yes I had too...I tried to "offer" a few times but my bids were all refused. Then I caved and just clicked on "buy it now"I should get it in the mail by January.

• Administrators
My main reason for waiting to post this pretty cool item (it's mega rare) is that I have been asking the Mods for help. I can't get the title on my SCRAPBOOK SECTION to be all capitals' date=' like I used to have to get members attention to a new cool item. [/quote']Coop as you know both Tim and I have inquired about that but it seems that changes were made by someone above our pay grade. I've even tried myself to edit your posts to caps with no luck.With that being said I'd like to echo mvnyc's sentiments. Although it looks nice, you don't need caps to draw attention to your items. Your stuff sells itself and many members login just to see what's new. :thumbsup: