Cheap Daytona Ferrari replica on ebay now for only $7,009

canadian_vice

I dont know, something seems off about it, the space between the nose and the hood for instance is much longer than it is on a C3 based daytona replica, which is what vice usedEingefügtes Bildwhich is what the year of production would mean, as the C3's were made between 1968 and 1982 and its got a C4 decklid convertibile top cover:Eingefügtes Bildof the 1984 model corvette, the next revision after the C3 that came out in 1984 which most if not all of the daytona replicas didnt have.and was the first time in 10 years that the corvette had a convertibile option on them too, he might have just gotten the date mixed up or thought it was 74 when it was infact a 1984worth noting though that is something I was wondering if it would be possible to reverse engineer into the cars so its just leather covered and you dont have to deal with tearing the tonneau off when you want to put the top on, as the stock C3 had that but they did away with that for the replicas.

That Ebay car is a horrible replica!I think I already mentioned the "NO TRUNKLID" one piece construction of the rear of the body, but take a good look at the door gap on the drivers door and front fender. It does a kind of squiggly bend instead of a smooth constant curve. I think this is why the nose is so out of proportion as the fenders and front end were stretched to fit this particular frame...whatever it is???In my opinion this is a horrible piece of replication not worthy of my ass in the drivers seat!Sorry, but I would not pay a dime for this car!

I dont know' date=' something seems off about it, the space between the nose and the hood for instance is much longer than it is on a C3 based daytona replica, which is what vice used.[/quote']Yeeaa I see what you mean now! Ahg!

Good call guys - this does not look like any McBurnie that I have seen. I wonder who made the replica and why it would have a McBurnie label on the door. The interior (based on the shifter and parking brake location) looks like a C3 Corvette. Has anyone seen anything like it before - short hood, no trunk, long inner fenders, etc?

Good call guys - this does not look like any McBurnie that I have seen. I wonder who made the replica and why it would have a McBurnie label on the door. The interior (based on the shifter and parking brake location) looks like a C3 Corvette. Has anyone seen anything like it before - short hood' date=' no trunk, long inner fenders, etc?[/quote'] there was supposedly some company making a replica called a corvarri that I saw ads for on here in the mcburnie coach craft page of coopers scrap book that seemed to look like that onehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1834-RARE!!-FERRARI-DAYTONA-INFO!-%28McBURNIE-COACHCRAFT-REPLICA%29/page2a company out of new york, where that car is, so it might be one of those.Eingefügtes Bild

there was supposedly some company making a replica called a corvarri that I saw ads for on here in the mcburnie coach craft page of coopers scrap book that seemed to look like that onea company out of new york' date=' where that car is, so it might be one of those.[/quote']I think you are absolutely correct. It's a little hard to see details on the body in Cooper's ad, but you can see the "hump" on the passenger side of the dash and the placement of the shifter and parking brake - which is the same as the ebay car.I couldn't find anything on the Internet about the Corvarri. I wonder how many copies they made. It must be expensive to make the molds, so I would think they would have made some - maybe they couldn't sell them.Thanks Kavinsky - you have a good memory!

I think you are absolutely correct. It's a little hard to see details on the body in Cooper's ad' date=' but you can see the "hump" on the passenger side of the dash and the placement of the shifter and parking brake - which is the same as the ebay car.I couldn't find anything on the Internet about the Corvarri. I wonder how many copies they made. It must be expensive to make the molds, so I would think they would have made some - maybe they couldn't sell them.Thanks Kavinsky - you have a good memory![/quote']Yeah its amazing how different it looks, wonder just how much of it is C3 and C4. might be a hybrid of the two since well GM modded the C2 into the C3 and probably did the same for the C4 chassis so it might be one of those deals where someone reverse engineered it to a C3 chassis like it says or someone turned the interior to that of one off of a C3although there can't be that many, but that being said I know dick gulstrand made a C4 based one back in the day (along with atleast 2 C3 based ones I've come across while googling, they have a distinct hood scoop on them, ones a guess the other one does say it was made by him) along with some custom shop up here in the north that came out with this on a C3 as well

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-eGL5J1FAw

made by Mike Hudson, gotta wonder how he got the TR7 windshield was grafted to the car

Good call guys - this does not look like any McBurnie that I have seen. I wonder who made the replica and why it would have a McBurnie label on the door. The interior (based on the shifter and parking brake location) looks like a C3 Corvette. Has anyone seen anything like it before - short hood' date=' no trunk, long inner fenders, etc?[/quote']It's not a McBurnie. The molds came out of Arizona somewhere. I had a guy try to sell me a shell last year with a rolling chassis but he had no pink for the chassis (stolen car in my opinion) so I did not persue the deal at all. It was te same one pice plug that had no trunklid and the guy had a pair of 2 x 4's holding the quarter panels and the cowl together for strength??????? The doors and other parts were separate, so I think that body was very weak in construction methods?I see the ebay car is up over ten grand now!

The Daytona looks good and its not perfect what I read.But what car is perfect its used.You do want a good car that runs and has no problems of course for that price.I am pretty picky what my car looks like inside and outside.