God's Work - Season 4

Matt5

Suprised not to see a thread about this episode too . I watched this last nite and some good locales used. The family house they used was the same as "Down for the Count" and feel this was just lazy location scouting as was used only 17 or so episodes previous . However Penrods ( the Castillo cafe ) at 1001 Ocean Drive is interesting - listed as the Art Deco Welcome Centre Today opposite The Edison / Clevelander - was this little cafe there before the Welcome Centre or located at the rear ?. :D

• 1 month later...

Suprised not to see a thread about this episode too . I watched this last nite and some good locales used. The family house they used was the same as "Down for the Count" and feel this was just lazy location scouting as was used only 17 or so episodes previous . However Penrods ( the Castillo cafe ) at 1001 Ocean Drive is interesting - listed as the Art Deco Welcome Centre Today opposite The Edison / Clevelander - was this little cafe there before the Welcome Centre or located at the rear ?. :D

I have now posted this ep. on my location site! Eingefügtes Bild

• 1 year later...

Good locations in this episode - from my trip last year the rear of 1415 North View Drive taken from the Julia Tuttle Causeway from across the bay ( also where Crockett started his race !) .Some interior scenes were shot at The Waldorf Towers seen in "Baby Blues" in Season 3 and exterior - wise a few episodes earlier in "Amen....Send Money "   :D

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2013 at 11:12 AM, C Glide said:

I have now posted this ep. on my location site! Eingefügtes Bild

In the first half of the boat scene, when Crockett goes to Cruz's house, the second clip has not been identified:

God2.png

Crockett is going north, approaching the JFK Causeway.  We see a similar angle later on the scene when Cruz is chasing Crockett: 

God1.png

And one correction:  Shortly before Cruz wipes out, we see:

wp0_wp0f2ebc16.png

CGlide says, "Then northbound under the Venetian Causeway at the east end."

wp0_wpd7970bc8.png

Crockett is actually going southbound , as we see houses rather than condos on his right-hand side.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

Two more items of interest in the boat chase:

Near the end, just before Cruz wipes out, we see this.  Circled in yellow is what might be the water tower that used to be near 76th Street.  The green arrow is the tip of a small island.

God6.png

There is one unknown location that could possibly be found.  Right before the "Danger Sandbar" sign is seen, Crockett goes by two houses on his right:

God3.png

Then a bunch of trees/shrubs, then another house:

God4.png

God5.png

The houses are very close to the water.  Most likely these are near the other filming locations, like Rivo Alto Island.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2016 at 6:26 AM, airtommy said:

In the first half of the boat scene, when Crockett goes to Cruz's house, the second clip has not been identified:

God2.png

Crockett is going north, approaching the JFK Causeway.  We see a similar angle later on the scene when Cruz is chasing Crockett: 

God1.png

And one correction:  Shortly before Cruz wipes out, we see:

wp0_wp0f2ebc16.png

CGlide says, "Then northbound under the Venetian Causeway at the east end."

wp0_wpd7970bc8.png

Crockett is actually going southbound , as we see houses rather than condos on his right-hand side.

That building circled near the JFK Cswy was also seen in the background during a drive scene in "Blood and Roses " I believe 

:D

On 2/22/2016 at 11:41 PM, airtommy said:

There is one unknown location that could possibly be found.  Right before the "Danger Sandbar" sign is seen, Crockett goes by two houses on his right, then a bunch of trees/shrubs, then another house.

Found it!  These 3 houses are 1615/1601/1525 N View Drive on Sunset Island near the Cruz mansion.  Circled in yellow is the dense shrubbery you see between the first and third houses:

God7.png

This is the third house:

God5.png

God8.png

I circled 3 features of the roofline that match perfectly.  There are a lot of other clues that confirmed the location, like specific shrubs on historicaerials.com, but it's too much to post!

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, airtommy said:

Found it!  These 3 houses are 1615/1601/1525 N View Drive on Sunset Island near the Cruz mansion.  Circled in yellow is the dense shrubbery you see between the first and third houses:

God7.png

This is the third house:

God5.png

God8.png

I circled 3 features of the roofline that match perfectly.  There are a lot of other clues that confirmed the location, like specific shrubs on historicaerials.com, but it's too much to post!

Great work !

On February 23, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Matt5 said:

That building circled near the JFK Cswy was also seen in the background during a drive scene in "Blood and Roses " I believe 

Wow, great memory!  I had no idea what you meant, so I looked at CGlide's page for "Blood and Roses".  When Crockett is racing to save Gina, one of the earliest clips is this:

wp349a3231_06.png 

http://www.miamivicelocations4.org/page32.html

• Like 1

As seen in 2013 on a trip to Miami:) see below - looking East on North Bay Cswy( 79th Street)

Edited by Matt5

• 8 months later...

3447 William Avenue , Coconut Grove ( Priest house ) - same shutters and gate as 1987!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7263244,-80.2487148,3a,30y,342.97h,84.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sE4-mtmO4ARby4XH1rzfKnQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

and opposite the old site of the house seen later in the episode with the neighborhood kids running ( vacant lot and the house next door 3458 seen here):D:D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7263225,-80.2488168,3a,75y,219h,84.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNhbUNpSSRWKsH_VVpeebSA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated this episode on my location site including airtommy's finds. Also added info on when the priest is murdered. The house is not a big money house, small, wood floors etc. but on the cuts of the murderer's lower body walking up the stairs it was clearly filmed at a nicer location with different designed staircase carpets, etc.http://www.miamivicelocations4.org/page8.html

• Like 2

Great Job CGlide!

I have one Addition though: the Scene with Gina and Felipe in the bar was shot inside Waldorf Towers as well. We once discussed an interview here with directrice Jan Eliasberg where it was mentioned that one scene of this ep was extremely expensive, involving an aquarium and very expensive fish and the location was Waldorf Towers.

Edited by Tom

Yes, thank you, I do now remember that thread but did not connect it with this ep. I will have to do some research on it as a quick search of pictures online does not bring up anything that looks like a match. Def. has the look of a sobe hotel bar. I will look closer when I get home. Cheers.

To refresh your memory; The ep was not mentioned in that article but the date of shooting was, thus it was easy to pinpoint the episode and there is an aquarium in the bar scene. But it is hardly seen and I never understood why they spent so much money and effort on such an irrelevant detail.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

To refresh your memory; The ep was not mentioned in that article but the date of shooting was, thus it was easy to pinpoint the episode and there is an aquarium in the bar scene. But it is hardly seen and I never understood why they spent so much money and effort on such an irrelevant detail.

Could you post a link to the article. Love to read it again.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article2266518.html

i found it on the search function with keyword "Aquarium". They refer to the episode as being shot while the pope visited Miami(10. Sept) and Gods Work was the only show that matches with shooting dates. The reddish blue description mentioned matches the scene although the flowers and the aquarium cannot be really seen.

btw I own the production notes and the bar scene is listed with Waldorf Towers as well. That it was shot in the basement is not in the notes though.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...