God's Work - Season 4

Matt5

I took this shot this evening at sunset around 6pm looking to the Julia Tuttle Cswy from the side of Mt Senai Medical Centre ( as seen in this episode with the C&T and Castillo):D:done:

IMG_9224.JPG

• Like 2

Here's a few more from the fall 1987 episode "God's Work" up by the 79th Cswy running from Miami Beach to Miami which I took Today ! (This stretch was also seen in "Mirror Image" , "Blood & Roses" and "Killshot") :D

Crockett approaches the JFK Cswy from the south this is south of the bridge - don't be deceived by the blue skies it was  a chillier than usual day with wind ( cold for Miami 64F!)

IMG_9529.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Looking South as Crockett approaches the Cswy heading north - most of the action that was shot here was north of the bridge :D

IMG_9530.JPG

• Like 1

This shows the background building  airtommy mentioned previously in the background behind Crockett - on Harbor Island which is seen in "Blood and Roses" as C&T rush to Gina in the Dangerous Game montage :D:done:

IMG_9545.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

And the North side of the bridge (with the "Killshot " building seen in background!):D:done:

I took this from Pelican Harbor Marina

IMG_9562.JPG

IMG_9630.PNG

IMG_9632.PNG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Of course opposite this stretch on the 79th Cswy is the location used in Season 5s "Jack Of All Trades" at the end of the episode in Pelican Harbor Park - which I'll post another time . They shot the opposite direction to "God's Work " they shot southbound to the Miami skyline :done:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

I revisited this location Today with a hope of getting some shots from the south side of the causeway looking north with the locations identified by airtommy .

These shots are from a building 4 in from /south of the JFK Cswy bridge at a private residence  7805 NE Bayshore Court/NE79th St ( Miami side) not a very nice day in Miami today but these shots make up for it  :done:

IMG_0279.PNG

IMG_0176.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Just now, Tony D. said:

Thanks for the pictures, Matt!

Pleasure Tony - I love doing it particularly so relevant when In the Miami area :D

10 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Pleasure Tony - I love doing it particularly so relevant when In the Miami area :D

How long are you going to be in Miami, Matt?

Just now, miamijimf said:

Matt your trip was timely, you're there for the Art Deco Weekend.  Did you plan it that way?

Not overly Jim- with regard to the Art Deco Weekend  but a friend invited me to volunteer there with my knowledge of Miami . Just a nice added bonus :D

With MV and the extent of the locations used it has built us all a considerable and vast knowledge over the Years -although  I'm a  amateur to some of you guys here

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Not overly Jim- with regard to the Art Deco Weekend  but a friend invited me to volunteer there with my knowledge of Miami . Just a nice added bonus :D

With MV and the extent of the locations used it has built us all a considerable and vast knowledge over the Years -although  I'm a  amateur to some of you guys here

Sounds like fun.  You're one of the top location sleuths Matt - seriously - don't be so modest.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2017 at 8:31 PM, miamijimf said:

Sounds like fun.  You're one of the top location sleuths Matt - seriously - don't be so modest.

Thanks Jim good to know :D

• 3 years later...

I was going to post this in Miami Misc. but more relevant here - now the parking lot of the Mount Sinai Medical Centre off Alton Road as you enter Miami Beach and how it was in the latter part of 1987 in this Season 4 episode.

36082D8A-884C-48C1-A9DB-D2E4452630D8.jpeg

8550FCDC-44A7-4D29-A1DA-5CC3BC5BD575.jpeg

• Like 3

In 1987 DJAngel took photos of the Bushido bath house on Ocean Drive at 14th St.  You can see a sign on the wall for Penrod's, which we see in "God's Work".  I don't understand why the sign was here, because Penrod's was down at 10th St.

penrods2.png.05d93b74f7f162bef49e384b79adde01.png

penrods.png.5fb8f2c374be8969e16d201b68e9aeef.png

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, airtommy said:

In 1987 DJAngel took photos of the Bushido bath house on Ocean Drive at 14th St.  You can see a sign on the wall for Penrod's, which we see in "God's Work".  I don't understand why the sign was here, because Penrod's was down at 10th St.

penrods2.png.05d93b74f7f162bef49e384b79adde01.png

penrods.png.5fb8f2c374be8969e16d201b68e9aeef.png

Has that Art Deco motif, makes you think it was from the 30s or 40s.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...